• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

do we get more squads?

• Thread starter DeletedUser4372
  • Start date

DeletedUser4372

tried searching and not finding the answer. When i look to fight, i notice that the computer is starting to have 6 or 7 squads, will i ever get 6 or 7 squads instead of the 5 we get from the beginning?

DeletedUser61

As you progress through the tech tree you'll get larger squads. The formula, for the unweighted squad size, is
Code:
Squad Size = 6 + 3*the number in the Squad Size research box.

DeletedUser2753

As you progress through the tech tree you'll get larger squads. The formula, for the unweighted squad size, is

I have a city in Chapter 5 and approaching squad size upgrade 15. I have current squad size of 321. This does not match the formula you posted. The 3x is I believe the increase I will receive since each upgrade before me was base 6+ 3xupgrade#. The formula you gave was only for the 1st upgraded 6+3 = 9 then it progresses to 9+2x3 = 15 then 15+3x3 = 24 etc.

DeletedUser61

So it's a power series?? Cool!

My life has been a mess for the past few months, so I've been skimping on my research.

DeletedUser4671

The number of squads a player has will not change, ever. You will always have 5. The developers have made that quite clear. However, the squad sizes you face in the provinces will always be between 1 to 8 squads. Even though the enemy may have more squads, it's is actually still fair because you will notice that the enemy has fewer troops per squad. So you will face more squads, but they are weaker than if you were facing less squads. So if you are facing 4 squads in a battle, they will have a larger squad size than a battle in the same province that has 6 squads. So each encounter in each province is still balanced :)

DeletedUser3312

The number of squads a player has will not change, ever. You will always have 5. The developers have made that quite clear.

So, what is the basis for having to fight 8 enemies? If the enemy can grow in size, a city should be able to as well. Watching yourself be creamed by blow after blow from 8 guys is a bit frustrating to say the least and one of the reasons why I do not fight. When I can no longer cater, I will simply walk away from the game. Would you please explain the logic for the reason of limiting the size of military? In RL, a large city would have many more troops and continue to grow their military. Not just in squad size but in number of troops. Giving the ability to one side and not the other is simply asinine (IMO) This truly puzzles me and I would love to have it clarified.

DeletedUser4671

With the current battle system it is impossible to add more squads for the players. New troop types also couldn't be added, but that is why they are trained in the new buildings. The squads you face in provinces vary in numbers, however if you look at the overall province, the troops balance out. In some encounters, you face very few squads who are large in numbers. But the encounters where you face many more squads, the squad sizes are a lot less. So you can face a few squads who are quite strong or many squads who are quite weak.

DeletedUser61

So, what is the basis for having to fight 8 enemies? If the enemy can grow in size, a city should be able to as wel
Facing a variety of defenders makes the battles more interesting.
  • If there is only ONE opponent, their squad size will equal the indicated squad size divided by their weight.
  • If there are EIGHT opponents, the TOTAL number of troops will be twice as large, but they will be distributed amongst 8 squads which will each be 1/4 the size of a single squad.
  • In between the distribution is linear; 4 squads will be 1/2 the size of a single squad.
  • It's easier to kill the smaller squads, but they'll get more shots at you per turn, so you have to use defensive tactics to protect your troops while you cut the opponents down one at a time, without taking too much damage.

DeletedUser2870

The number of squads a player has will not change, ever. You will always have 5. The developers have made that quite clear. However, the squad sizes you face in the provinces will always be between 1 to 8 squads. Even though the enemy may have more squads, it's is actually still fair because you will notice that the enemy has fewer troops per squad. So you will face more squads, but they are weaker than if you were facing less squads. So if you are facing 4 squads in a battle, they will have a larger squad size than a battle in the same province that has 6 squads. So each encounter in each province is still balanced :)

Sorry, but this is just not true. Players may outnumber enemies in a particular range of provinces. But when you get out further you will always be hugely outnumbered. Not only 8 squads to 5, but each of those squads larger than yours. And not only with less advanced units either, actually I'm outnumbered in number of squads, amount of troops/squad and more advanced units,

Especially as a moderator you are required to give honest answers and not some kind of answer that is true only in a limited number of situations, unless you make that provision right away.

DeletedUser4417

Sorry, but this is just not true. Players may outnumber enemies in a particular range of provinces. But when you get out further you will always be hugely outnumbered. Not only 8 squads to 5, but each of those squads larger than yours. And not only with less advanced units either, actually I'm outnumbered in number of squads, amount of troops/squad and more advanced units,

Especially as a moderator you are required to give honest answers and not some kind of answer that is true only in a limited number of situations, unless you make that provision right away.

Actually this IS true, contrary to your claim. Hugely outnumbered? ONLY if you you have over-conquered or are in the first 1-2 chapters and the beginning of the 3rd. This is what has been repeatedly and patiently explained to you and others several times yet you fail to listen.

DeletedUser61

you are required to give honest answers and not some kind of answer that is true only in a limited number of situations
And you're obliged to read what she said, which was accurate.
  • ONE enemy squad will have the indicated number of troops, divided by their weight
  • EIGHT enemy squads will have twice the indicated number of troops, IN TOTAL, distributed evenly divided by their weight
    • The total number of troops is a linear function of the number of squads
    • 1 squad will have the "size" number of troops
    • 4 squads will be a bit smaller than 1/2 size
    • 8 squads will be 1/4 size
  • The size of the enemy squads depends on
    • The Ring they are in, and there's a considerable jump between rings
    • The Advanced Scouting Technology (25% reduction, multiplied) that you had WHEN you scouted the sector
    • The scouting cost itself increases for EACH sector that you have scouted, but the opponents only depend on where and when
  • The size of YOUR squads may be higher or lower than the opponent's counts, depending on the number of Squad Size increases that you have researched. The formula is 6 + 3*the first size + 3* the second size + .....

DeletedUser2870

And you're obliged to read what she said, which was accurate.
  • ONE enemy squad will have the indicated number of troops, divided by their weight
  • EIGHT enemy squads will have twice the indicated number of troops, IN TOTAL, distributed evenly divided by their weight
    • The total number of troops is a linear function of the number of squads
    • 1 squad will have the "size" number of troops
    • 4 squads will be a bit smaller than 1/2 size
    • 8 squads will be 1/4 size
  • The size of the enemy squads depends on
    • The Ring they are in, and there's a considerable jump between rings
    • The Advanced Scouting Technology (25% reduction, multiplied) that you had WHEN you scouted the sector
    • The scouting cost itself increases for EACH sector that you have scouted, but the opponents only depend on where and when
  • The size of YOUR squads may be higher or lower than the opponent's counts, depending on the number of Squad Size increases that you have researched. The formula is 6 + 3*the first size + 3* the second size + .....

You should read the post I quoted. It was the COMPLETE post. No mention at all of rings, no mention of the post you just inserted. Only a mention that the fights were fair/balanced even if you were outnumbered, FOR EVERY ENCOUNTER IN EVERY PROVINCE. This just is not the truth except for a very limited range of provinces. Thus, it is incaccurate.

If you want to quote, do it right.

DeletedUser3087

ZZZZZ the OP asked about the number of squads and it was answered and Katwijk expanded yet it doesn't matter it is still fair if you are where you are expected to be for that ring province. Do we have to go back and forth with this.