• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Please tell me this gets easier.

DeletedUser4940

I am new to this game, and I am hoping the battles get easier. Why is it so hard to win? I've done everything I can for my level, and it's still ridiculously hard. Please tell me this part of the game gets easier.

DeletedUser4417

I am new to this game, and I am hoping the battles get easier. Why is it so hard to win? I've done everything I can for my level, and it's still ridiculously hard. Please tell me this part of the game gets easier.
They do get easier Draugen. Right now the beginning chapters are a problem because the Devs got a little overzealous and painted with a broad brush. They are working on that.

Do me a favor and the next battle you are in take a screen shot of that and submit it to the battle help form so that your voice can be heard and this problem addressed properly. Good news is that towards the mid to end of chapter III battles get easier.

DeletedUser4945

It does not get easier. As a matter of fact, it's 10 times harder since the battle system upgrade. I have not won a single battle since it upgraded.

Calenmir

It does not get easier. As a matter of fact, it's 10 times harder since the battle system upgrade. I have not won a single battle since it upgraded.
I agree. I did manage to accidentally win in a tournament twice now with severe losses (though all other battles were lost - which I smart enough to only attempt one each time). Then yesterday that taunting little quest came up 'Fight and win' so I tried it with my newly promoted archers and other warriors (picking what appeared to be the easiest fight). May they rest in peace.

DeletedUser4945

I'm near the end of chapter 3 and my province count is 40.

DeletedUser2963

draugen, there seems to be a serious problem in chapter two/three with the upgrade.Please post specific info to the battle forum. Things they will want to know, what chapter are you in, what is the squad number and size? How many provinces have you beaten? What ring are these fight in?stuff like that.

Just so you know, stop scouting, now! you only need 10 provinces to get out of your chapter, any thing you scout now will have higher numbers of enemies than things you scout after you research the scout tech into chapter 2

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4940

draugen, there seems to be a serious problem in chapter two/three with the upgrade.Please post specific info to the battle forum. Things they will want to know, what chapter are you in, what is the squad number and size? How many provinces have you beaten? What ring are these fight in?stuff like that.

Just so you know, stop scouting, now! you only need 10 rovinces to get out of you chapter, any thing you scout now will have higher numbers of enemies than things you scout after you research the scout tech into chapter 2

I did stop scouting. This is listed under "forums/feedback/battle help".. What forum should I do this in, if not "feedback"? Surely they would look at "feedback", otherwise, why even have it. I did post the specifics earlier.

DeletedUser3087

I am near the end of chapter 5 in Arendyll researching priest promotion and have not researched squad size 15 yet as a human and I have 97/100 and am fighting in the 7 and 8th rings. I am winning battles in ring 7 and 50/50 in ring 8. Using Mykan's battle guide makes all the difference though they need to be revamped with the new enemy units. I just did three battles in a marble province and won them using three priest 1, mortar and cerberus II. So if you are where you are "supposed to be" within the chapters the fights are winnable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4417

I am near the end of chapter 5 in Arendyll researching priest promotion and have not researched squad size 15 yet as a human and I have 97/100 and am fighting in the 7 and 8th rings. I am winning battles in ring 7 and 50/50 in ring 8. Using Mikan's battle guide makes all the difference though they need to be revamped with the new enemy units. I just did three battles in a marble province and won them using three priest 1, mortar and cerberus II. So if you are where you are "supposed to be" within the chapters the fights are winnable.

Thank you!

DeletedUser4576

I agree completely. I was winning pretty consistently before the upgrade. After the upgrade I found that every army in my provinces had increased in size so much any battle was a disaster. I've patiently done all the retroactive knowledge tree stuff and worked through several squad size increases. My armies are maybe 40% bigger, the enemy is 400% bigger or more. I've seen squad sizes near 2,000 in some of the newer territories so I don't see much hope for the future. For weeks I've read all the excuses: get the new fighters, learn the new troops, get bigger squads, wait for more upgrades. Always the fault is with us, the players. I give up waiting and don't want to be insulted anymore. I'm selling all my battle stuff to make room for more production. I like the game a lot less now. If management has any interest in how successful this upgrade is with their customers, it would be pretty easy to take a vote.

DeletedUser3297

Yes, it gets easier as long as you stay within the province count for your chapter. For each chapter, you should have between 30 to 40 provinces that you can fight. But you do have to consider where you are in the tech tree, how many squad upgrades you have, what ring the provinces are, etc. You have to have a strategic plan for scouting/fighting provinces. My plan is to scout the farthest provinces right after unlocking the advance scout and scouting the closer provinces when I am near the end of the chapter. The level of difficulty is decided by how much the province costs and how far away it is. With each scout, the cost of all future scouts increase. So if I scouting the closest one first, the level of difficulty of the farthest provinces will keep increasing.

DeletedUser3696

Yes, it gets easier as long as you stay within the province count for your chapter. For each chapter, you should have between 30 to 40 provinces that you can fight. But you do have to consider where you are in the tech tree, how many squad upgrades you have, what ring the provinces are, etc. You have to have a strategic plan for scouting/fighting provinces. My plan is to scout the farthest provinces right after unlocking the advance scout and scouting the closer provinces when I am near the end of the chapter. The level of difficulty is decided by how much the province costs and how far away it is. With each scout, the cost of all future scouts increase. So if I scouting the closest one first, the level of difficulty of the farthest provinces will keep increasing.
You do know your describing a cookie cutter game and not the one that Inno would like to advertise. The do everything the way we tell and when we tell you is just not as much fun, but I do love people who will argue/challenge/debate otherwise.

DeletedUser4417

You do know your describing a cookie cutter game and not the one that Inno would like to advertise. The do everything the way we tell and when we tell you is just not as much fun, but I do love people who will argue/challenge/debate otherwise.
Every game is 'cookie cutterish' whether a developer or game company likes to term it as that or not. Most restrict a heck of a lot more than Inno does. On the whole Inno doesn't restrict much. You get to choose where and what you build, how much of it you build, if you keep it. You can move it around as you like. You can choose to research or not, for a while. You can choose to battle or not. Scouting is a given unless you are a Ritchie Rich. You choose the pace of the game you want to play. You choose how many and of what troop types you recruit, if any.

DeletedUser43

You can choose to research or not, for a while.

Not really. Most of it becomes mandatory.

You can choose to battle or not.

Not if you are in the orc requirement section. Then you can't advance if you don't battle because negotiating is impossible for a couple of chapters. Not if you are "past the line". Not if you are new.

Scouting is a given unless you are a Ritchie Rich.

Except we aren't supposed to do it any more.

You choose the pace of the game you want to play.

Unless you want to play quickly.

You choose how many and of what troop types you recruit, if any.

Except the troops aren't useful most of the time.

The do everything the way we tell and when we tell you is just not as much fun

Amen.

DeletedUser4993

They do get easier Draugen. Right now the beginning chapters are a problem because the Devs got a little overzealous and painted with a broad brush. They are working on that.

Do me a favor and the next battle you are in take a screen shot of that and submit it to the battle help form so that your voice can be heard and this problem addressed properly. Good news is that towards the mid to end of chapter III battles get easier.
Glad to hear they are working on that. I went from 2-4 mages at at 6 to 50 squad and mixed troops. I killed everyone and will train later for the bigger fights and negotiate.

Delay expanding until you can get some squad level 6. Nearby provinces will take much fewer. Mages are easier to kill and light ranged troops. Avoid mixed troops until you can figure out what works with what. Provinces not that much further go to 50 per squad not 6 and the troops are mixed. On those make a lot of stuff and negotiate.

DeletedUser3297

I did not describe a cookie-cutter game. You can scout as many provinces as you want, but you will only be able to negotiate them. Play the game how you would like to, nobody has taken that away from you. You have to come up with your own strategy on how to play the game. Complaining is not a strategy :)

The game as designed now has become much more challenging than before. For new players, it is especially important to give advice on how to play the game instead of the few I see on these threads complaining about every little change.