• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Should I keep training armies if they no longer win battles?

DeletedUser4821

I'm talking a month or more. I do auto battle and I'm always defeated yet I keep training and spending supplies. The only time they ever won was the first 2 weeks of play.

Thanks!

DeletedUser1036

If that is what your up against I would concentrate more on negotiations and in the case of tourney's catering.

DeletedUser4821

If that is what your up against I would concentrate more on negotiations and in the case of tourney's catering.

The problem with negotiations is that I'm lacking so many goods needed to negotiate with. I'm not anywhere near building those factories. Not enough room and I'm not to that part in Research. Thank you for your response.

DeletedUser4372

your lacking goods because your blowing them on troops just to send them to wipe in auto-battles. (not that you won't wipe during regular battles also).

DeletedUser4821

your lacking goods because your blowing them on troops just to send them to wipe in auto-battles. (not that you won't wipe during regular battles also).

Clearly I am erring in strategy. I thought I needed to do so. Now from the responses I realize I don't need to. Thanks!

DeletedUser4329

The key with negotiation is to focus on your boosts and find a fellowship where you can trade them for other resources. For example, my boosts are marble, silk and gems. I only have manufactories that support my boosts, and do not have any manufactories for steel, planks, scrolls, and so on. I trade with my fellowship (and sometimes, neighbours) for everything I need. It's a win/win, because generally the people trading are also focusing on
THEIR boosts as well.

You save a great deal of space and resources this way, and you should be able to gather what you need for negotiating your way through provinces much more easily. Past a certain point, nearly everyone plays the game like this.

DeletedUser2870

IF you are at a point where battles are impossible you probably are what they call 'too far out' meaning you have scouted ahead of the little area where Innogames think you should stay in.
There are only 2 solutions to that. If you're not terribly far ahead, you can wait with the scouting until you're within the range again and than make sure you stay in that range. (For the exact range: between the amount of provinces needed to open the chest for the chapter you are currently in, and the amount needed to open the chest for the next chapter.)
If you are so far ahead that waiting would mean you shouldn't scout for the next several chapters the best option is to forget about the military in huge numbers. Sell off armories if you have more than 2. Don't upgrade the barracks. Then only build troops for the tournaments and use the freed up space to focus on factories to negotiate the provinces.

DeletedUser4821

The key with negotiation is to focus on your boosts and find a fellowship where you can trade them for other resources. For example, my boosts are marble, silk and gems. I only have manufactories that support my boosts, and do not have any manufactories for steel, planks, scrolls, and so on. I trade with my fellowship (and sometimes, neighbours) for everything I need. It's a win/win, because generally the people trading are also focusing on
THEIR boosts as well.

You save a great deal of space and resources this way, and you should be able to gather what you need for negotiating your way through provinces much more easily. Past a certain point, nearly everyone plays the game like this.

I'm kind of a lone wolf due to time restrictions and not feeling like it's fair to join a fellowship that I can't commit to.

Sometimes I'm hard pressed to get what I'm asking for at the Trader. I've been waiting for 2 days just to get 50 items I need to complete a province because I can't buy it through the Trader. So twiddling my thumbs. I only have steel boosted and got rid of twelve marble and plank manufactories and believe me, it hurt. I'm jumping through hoops to get what I need to build the manufactory to give me the 50 but it takes time and resources just to build it and then more time for it to produce.

Thanks for your help.

DeletedUser4821

IF you are at a point where battles are impossible you probably are what they call 'too far out' meaning you have scouted ahead of the little area where Innogames think you should stay in.
There are only 2 solutions to that. If you're not terribly far ahead, you can wait with the scouting until you're within the range again and than make sure you stay in that range. (For the exact range: between the amount of provinces needed to open the chest for the chapter you are currently in, and the amount needed to open the chest for the next chapter.)
If you are so far ahead that waiting would mean you shouldn't scout for the next several chapters the best option is to forget about the military in huge numbers. Sell off armories if you have more than 2. Don't upgrade the barracks. Then only build troops for the tournaments and use the freed up space to focus on factories to negotiate the provinces.

I didn't realize the game deliberately controlled my progress. That's rather disconcerting. I'd much rather be rewarded for moving forward than penalized. Ho hum...

Good strategy recommendation. I sold all manufactories except boosted steel. And I'm way far ahead in scouting because it's asking for things to negotiate with that I have no access to and for a few days didn't realize what they were. And of course I hadn't researched those yet so I'm dead in the water in some provinces. And silly me, the reason I scouted so far ahead is that someone not 'discovered' had been helping me and I wanted to return the favor. :) In the meantime I'm visiting everyone in my reachable area and doing the same for them. So, it looks like I will have to hold off on scouting for a while. I'm hoping this restriction doesn't eventually have me losing interest.

Thank you for the wise words. :)

DeletedUser2870

@Aloura Dannen
Sadly it is so. But if you have not yet gotten all your boosted tech, you probably still are early enough in the game to be able to wait until you are in the safe-zone again (on the forum often referred to as the Goldilocks Zone).
And yes, it is for many players a restriction they don't like. It has been and still is for many players a reason to either play less frequently or completely quit the game.
Personally, I'm still in doubt whether to continue playing and have pretty much cut down the frequency of playing.

Just as you stated, the idea of being punished for being an active player is something that astonishes and offends me. Especially considering the fact that I invested so much time and effort (and yes, real money to buy diamonds) in the game and now am forced to come to a halt.
And what's worse for players like me is that the restricion was something added later on, it wasn't there right from the start.

DeletedUser4821

@Aloura Dannen
Sadly it is so. But if you have not yet gotten all your boosted tech, you probably still are early enough in the game to be able to wait until you are in the safe-zone again (on the forum often referred to as the Goldilocks Zone).
And yes, it is for many players a restriction they don't like. It has been and still is for many players a reason to either play less frequently or completely quit the game.
Personally, I'm still in doubt whether to continue playing and have pretty much cut down the frequency of playing.

Just as you stated, the idea of being punished for being an active player is something that astonishes and offends me. Especially considering the fact that I invested so much time and effort (and yes, real money to buy diamonds) in the game and now am forced to come to a halt.
And what's worse for players like me is that the restricion was something added later on, it wasn't there right from the start.

I see I'm not alone in the discouragement. That's too bad too. I'm not usually an online game player but this one caught my eye and I'm pretty much non-stop playing. Considering that this is a business, I'm sure we are stuck and the admins are not going to rectify the frustration. I have thought about selling off almost everything and just re-doing my game. It's hard enough waiting 3 hours for boosted steel supplies let alone waiting days to be able to move forward.

DeletedUser594

I'm kind of a lone wolf due to time restrictions and not feeling like it's fair to join a fellowship that I can't commit to.

There are some "part time" fellowships that have little or no weekly requirements. You can post in the members seeking fellowships sub forum in the appropriate world (bottom of the main forums page).
Auto battle is very limited. The AI is not very good and fighting manually will be needed to get through provinces. To win provinces you will absolutely need to know
  • what is winnable- based on squad size. You can't beat any army 2x your size or more.
  • How to scout
  • which troops to use
  • how to position those troops
All of which is detailed in Mykans guide under the fighting section
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-to-elvenar.3966/

Do the above and avoid being hit first as much as possible and I wager your win percentage will improve greatly.

DeletedUser4821

There are some "part time" fellowships that have little or no weekly requirements. You can post in the members seeking fellowships sub forum in the appropriate world (bottom of the main forums page).
Auto battle is very limited. The AI is not very good and fighting manually will be needed to get through provinces. To win provinces you will absolutely need to know
  • what is winnable- based on squad size. You can't beat any army 2x your size or more.
  • How to scout
  • which troops to use
  • how to position those troops
All of which is detailed in Mykans guide under the fighting section
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-to-elvenar.3966/

Do the above and avoid being hit first as much as possible and I wager your win percentage will improve greatly.

Thank you. Clearly I would not win the General of the Year Award. I'm more in it for the fun, not the battle strategy. I'm great strategizing on how I'm going to acquire something and work towards that. But I get twitchy during battles. Thank you for the link. I'm going to grab another cup of coffee and read. :)

DeletedUser594

Thank you. Clearly I would not win the General of the Year Award. I'm more in it for the fun, not the battle strategy. I'm great strategizing on how I'm going to acquire something and work towards that. But I get twitchy during battles. Thank you for the link. I'm going to grab another cup of coffee and read. :)

The battles are turn based with no time limit so you can sit and stare and think for as long as you please. If you don't like something you can retreat by hitting the surrender button with the white flag. No additional loss of troops or negative consequences result from surrender.(only an option during your move not during enemy movement).
Here is a pic of a scout with the surrender button marked. Right now Archers have the highest initiative so no enemy can attack until I finish my move. Instead I will surrender and keep the unit.
aaci9j.jpg

DeletedUser4821

The battles are turn based with no time limit so you can sit and stare and think for as long as you please. If you don't like something you can retreat by hitting the surrender button with the white flag. No additional loss of troops or negative consequences result from surrender.(only an option during your move not during enemy movement).
Here is a pic of a scout with the surrender button marked. Right now Archers have the highest initiative so no enemy can attack until I finish my move. Instead I will surrender and keep the unit.
aaci9j.jpg

Oh! I didn't realize I could surrender! I have lost all of them for the past 6 weeks! Thanks for that huge tip. :)

DeletedUser1094

I no longer build armies as much I just use resources to gain the territory I find using armies to fight other armies who are stronger than you a no win situation therefore I just use what is needed to win the battles.

DeletedUser4821

I no longer build armies as much I just use resources to gain the territory I find using armies to fight other armies who are stronger than you a no win situation therefore I just use what is needed to win the battles.

On that note, I find I cannot sell the Barracks. It would be lovely to have the extra space. Thanks for your input. :)

DeletedUser2870

@Aloura Dannen
Indeed, you can't sell the barracks. But you might consider not upgrading it any further.
I'm not upgrading mine to the fairy levels since I don't want to have it take up more space and I'm not in need of faster training anymore since I only fight tournaments now

DeletedUser4355

I dont know, but I am still training units but I didnt built any armory again 1!!

DeletedUser4821

@Aloura Dannen
Indeed, you can't sell the barracks. But you might consider not upgrading it any further.
I'm not upgrading mine to the fairy levels since I don't want to have it take up more space and I'm not in need of faster training anymore since I only fight tournaments now

Done deal. No upgrades.

I am close to unlocking Tournaments in Research. That's how far back I am. :) Thanks again for your support.