• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Useless Magic Dust Boost

DeletedUser5285

I'd also like to apologize for turning this into a "Whinefest" but you did help me realize that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't the Magic Dust that was frustrating me all along. :confused:

DeletedUser2824

Also, can you explain to me how trading tier 3 for tier 1's is harmful?

This is the letter I sent out to the two fellowships I'm Archmage for:

"If any of you were wondering why I discourage cross tier trades, it has to do with the amount of time, coins, and supplies it takes to make the different goods. If you want some numbers you can take a look at my factories in Arendyll. Right now my level 9 plank factories, with a relic boost percentage of 359, produces 239 goods every three hours. My level 9 silk factories, at a 391% boost, produces 339 goods every three hours. My level 7 dust factories produce 253 goods at 359%.

According to the trader, a fair trade would be 16.4.1, meaning if you asked for 1,600 planks in exchange for 100 magic goods (tier three) it would be fair. Well, at my current factory level it would take me 7 three hour cycles to produce that many planks for an amount of magic goods I could get in only 1 three hour cycle, twice as much in fact, and trade at a 1.1 ratio. Even 400 silk would only take 2 three hour cycles. If I regularly traded my planks for other tiered goods I wouldn’t be able to keep up.

This is why I don’t generally pick up cross tier trades unless you really fall short of something (upgrades and certain techs can get expensive, we know). That is also why I encourage boosted only factories so you aren’t wasting space and population that can be used better. Use it to keep your boosted factories upgraded as high as you can.

A much better ratio of trading would be 9.4.2. Giving 450 planks for 100 of a tier three good is a much better deal and matches the time to produce goods much better. The coins and supplies are still off, but when you’re in a pinch I’ll be able to help you more at this ratio than what the crooks at the trader tell you to.

If you are falling short of goods to trade, start working on upgrading your factories or building another factory or two. While the numbers change a bit depending on fellowship wide shortages I’m trying to help cover or whether I’ve unlocked the next upgrade in my tech tree, I usually end up with 6 basic factories (tier one), three crafted (tier two), and two magic (tier three). As I am able I upgrade them as high as I can (which I’ll be doing after the snow flurry event).

Cheers!

Your bumbling Archmage~Tagg"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1901

I'd also like to apologize for turning this into a "Whinefest" but you did help me realize that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't the Magic Dust that was frustrating me all along. :confused:

lol no worries, being slammed into a leadership role is frustrating all in itself! It happened to me and there is a learning curve, but that is what the forums are here for!

The reason cross tier trades are so bad is because ... never mind! While I was composing, we had some wonderful feedback lol

I would also like to add that there are a lot of AM and Mages that can give you wonderful advice and guidance here (all level of players for that fact!). Don't be shy, just ask and we will certainly try to help :D

DeletedUser2824

Don't worry, being a responsible person can be pretty hard. I wanted to quit the fellowship I was in on one server for quite some time, but didn't want to bail out when it seemed like they needed me. But when the Archmage went inactive, I finally got the guts to speak up and ask everyone if they wanted to move or take over. I encouraged a move as I didn't want to presume authority, and they agreed. As their only active mage they kind of elected me as their new Archmage, and since I've been Archmage in Arendyll for a few months and new what to do, I agreed and ended up leading them out. They're much happier and closer as a group (quite a feat pulling together and making such a transition possible), and I'm less stressed. In the end, I'm glad I stayed to help and didn't bail out on them. I'm very proud of them. =^_^=

Sometimes it takes awhile, but things will work out. Bottom line, I'm sure you'll figure out a good solution to your situation. :)

And yes, there were a lot of inactives we left behind.

DeletedUser5285

This is the letter I sent out to the two fellowships I'm Archmage for:
"
If any of you were wondering why I discourage cross tier trades, it has to do with the amount of time, coins, and supplies it takes to make the different goods. If you want some numbers you can take a look at my factories in Arendyll. Right now my level 9 plank factories, with a relic boost percentage of 359, produces 239 goods every three hours. My level 9 silk factories, at a 391% boost, produces 339 goods every three hours. My level 7 dust factories produce 253 goods at 359%.

According to the trader, a fair trade would be 16.4.1, meaning if you asked for 1,600 planks in exchange for 100 magic goods (tier three) it would be fair. Well, at my current factory level it would take me 7 three hour cycles to produce that many planks for an amount of magic goods I could get in only 1 three hour cycle, twice as much in fact, and trade at a 1.1 ratio. Even 400 silk would only take 2 three hour cycles. If I regularly traded my planks for other tiered goods I wouldn’t be able to keep up.

This is why I don’t generally pick up cross tier trades unless you really fall short of something (upgrades and certain techs can get expensive, we know). That is also why I encourage boosted only factories so you aren’t wasting space and population that can be used better. Use it to keep your boosted factories upgraded as high as you can.

A much better ratio of trading would be 9.4.2. Giving 450 planks for 100 of a tier three good is a much better deal and matches the time to produce goods much better. The coins and supplies are still off, but when you’re in a pinch I’ll be able to help you more at this ratio than what the crooks at the trader tell you to.

If you are falling short of goods to trade, start working on upgrading your factories or building another factory or two. While the numbers change a bit depending on fellowship wide shortages I’m trying to help cover or whether I’ve unlocked the next upgrade in my tech tree, I usually end up with 6 basic factories (tier one), three crafted (tier two), and two magic (tier three). As I am able I upgrade them as high as I can (which I’ll be doing after the snow flurry event).

Cheers!

Your bumbling Archmage~Tagg"
Can I steal this???? LOL!!!!

DeletedUser1901

Thanks for the Kudos!! :)

Easy to give when someone is showing that they are passionate and doing their best!

I just had 2 top ranked players in Elcy leave in as many days, because of the trader issue and the inactive players. I don't know if I'm happy or not because this FS is all I've ever known in the game. I like my people on a chatting level, but feel that something is def off kilter. Also, can you explain to me how trading tier 3 for tier 1's is harmful? These are things I should know, but have no way of finding out, except through you guys...;)

Not knowing all the details and experiencing this myself, it does seem as there is a fundamental issue somewhere along the line.

I don't know if I'm happy or not because this FS is all I've ever known in the game. I like my people on a chatting level, but feel that something is def off kilter.

Trust your instincts... one can always find better in life when you don't feel good at the point you are in ;)

It seems to me that you have a few choices to make -

1) Stay and see if you can salvage the fs you are in
2) Leave on your own
3) Leave with a small group that is as unhappy as you are. There are a lot of fellowships out there with enough openings that can accommodate a group and may even be appreciative of the big boost. Open communications with them and find one that is saying what you want to hear. Ask questions!
4) Start your own fellowship.

DeletedUser5285

Don't worry, being a responsible person can be pretty hard. I wanted to quit the fellowship I was in on one server for quite some time, but didn't want to bail out when it seemed like they needed me. But when the Archmage went inactive, I finally got the guts to speak up and ask everyone if they wanted to move or take over. I encouraged a move as I didn't want to presume authority, and they agreed. As their only active mage they kind of elected me as their new Archmage, and since I've been Archmage in Arendyll for a few months and new what to do, I agreed and ended up leading them out. They're much happier and closer as a group (quite a feat pulling together and making such a transition possible), and I'm less stressed. In the end, I'm glad I stayed to help and didn't bail out on them. I'm very proud of them. =^_^=

Sometimes it takes awhile, but things will work out. Bottom line, I'm sure you'll figure out a good solution to your situation. :)
Yes....I feel like it would be cowardly for me to run and leave them all behind. I have gotten offers from other FS, but have kindly declined. I really want to make it work, I'm stubborn like that :p

Easy to give when someone is showing that they are passionate and doing their best!

Not knowing all the details and experiencing this myself, it does seem as there is a fundamental issue somewhere along the line.

Trust your instincts... one can always find better in life when you don't feel good at the point you are in ;)

It seems to me that you have a few choices to make -

1) Stay and see if you can salvage the fs you are in
2) Leave on your own
3) Leave with a small group that is as unhappy as you are. There are a lot of fellowships out there with enough openings that can accommodate a group and may even be appreciative of the big boost. Open communications with them and find one that is saying what you want to hear. Ask questions!
4) Start your own fellowship.
I think for now, I'm going to try and stick it out to see if I can get the inactives on board again. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you all taking the time to help me with this...it has already lifted my spirits and made it not seem so hopeless. Not having the answers when you're supposed to be in charge can become very disheartening and since this challenge started....there have been A LOT of questions I couldn't help with. I now know where to go to get the answers I need. THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!

DeletedUser1901

:) I am so glad we could help!

There is a TON of information on the forum that can help but here are a few links that I think will be most beneficial to you:

Snow Flurry Event by SoggyShorts - https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/spoilers-snow-flurry-event-guide.5110/#post-35853

The Battle Help Forum - https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/battle-help.64/

Mykan's Guide (all of these are GREAT and this is the basic which links to others) - https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-to-elvenar.3966/

Elvenar Wiki - https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

You are a great asset to the player base of the game and I know you will be fine! :)

DeletedUser5285

:) I am so glad we could help!

There is a TON of information on the forum that can help but here are a few links that I think will be most beneficial to you:

Snow Flurry Event by SoggyShorts - https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/spoilers-snow-flurry-event-guide.5110/#post-35853

The Battle Help Forum - https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/battle-help.64/

Mykan's Guide (all of these are GREAT and this is the basic which links to others) - https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-to-elvenar.3966/

Elvenar Wiki - https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

You are a great asset to the player base of the game and I know you will be fine! :)
Well, since I have about 4-5 hours to kill waiting on my second scout, this gives me something very beneficial to read in the interim. Thanks!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@Mykan
Sorry, but that just is not true. In all the worlds I have played and all 3 I now am active, it is exactly the same. Dust just is not in high demand. Elixer is.
Marble is in all those worlds the tier one good that's getting the best price.
When it happens in all worlds it's not happenstance but structural. So I'd put up the thesis that your situation of getting good prices for dust are the exception

In 7 out of 7 worlds I play with a dust boost I have no problems, in fact 1 of those I occasionally struggle to keep up with supply. I also have a world with marble boost and I have to give it away often at a 20% loss, same world I have to give gems away at a loss as well. Our stats are opposite, this is why I stated it is situational.

You are welcome to disagree with me but as a dust producer my practical experience is I have no issue what so ever moving it at 1:1 rates for the same tier goods.

If you are having trouble moving any good the best time to shift it on is the week that it is needed in tournaments, thus 1 week in 3 there is higher demand for certain goods. Simple economics of supply and demand.