• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Update to the Wholesale

• Thread starter DeletedUser4219
  • Start date

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The changes to the trader are permanent. They are that you can now only buy a certain amount of goods at the base price. the next batch is more expensive and every batch after that is increasingly more expensive. Until the trader resets around supper time on the U.S. East Coast every day, at which time the price goes back to the cheapest level until you buy again. So every day you can buy 105 at that price, then the next 105 will be more expensive, etc. Until you upgrade your main hall, then the number you can buy each day for that price will go up.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5968

The changes to the trader are permanent. They are that you can now only buy a certain amount of goods at the base price. the next batch is more expensive and every batch after that is increasingly more expensive. Until the trader resets around supper time on the U.S. East Coast every day, at which time the price goes back to the cheapest level until you buy again. So every day you can buy 105 at that price, then the next 105 will be more expensive, etc. Until you upgrade your main hall, then the number you can buy each day for that price will go up.

So when we need 1000s of an item, just come each day buy 100 and leave and do that for 20 days and we can proceed, nice... NOT..
I, and others, will complain until they change it back, if they don't guess find a new game as this one will be worse than watching paint dry...

DeletedUser5968

The wholesale amount is based on your Main Hall level. If you upgrade your main hall, the maount you can buy each time will go up.

(edit: you aren't limited to that amount, it's just that the next batch is more expensive. The countdown timer tells you how long until the price goes back to the bottom.)
Still this makes it impossible to use the trader unless you are bleeding coinage out of your main hall..
I am just into chapter 5, unsure what level MH I could build that would allow me to buy 1000s of tier 1 items at one time without spending real money, this is broken, they cannot leave us like this, we want it back...

I thought this was 2 threads, oh well...

DeletedUser1996

Yes-the Devs gave no thoughts (or maybe they did) about what this may do to new and kinda new players. But now im thinking -perhaps this is the plan - Newbies and newer players cant catch up with adv. players --so they might just have to buy a whole bunch of diamonds -cus they made the whole seller impossible to use. For me -i can kinda handle--i got coins everywhere and plenty of them -but now its harder to help my members that may need it and Neighbors that are just starting out. This really does suck--and stupid as i have been saying from the start of this heartless upgrade !

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Still this makes it impossible to use the trader unless you are bleeding coinage out of your main hall..
I am just into chapter 5, unsure what level MH I could build that would allow me to buy 1000s of tier 1 items at one time without spending real money, this is broken, they cannot leave us like this, we want it back...
Your main hall will probably not be high enough to buy thousands at the cheapest price any time in the forseeable future. that's the point. If you can currently buy lots of 100, you can still buy a thousand, it's just the most of them are going to get terribly expensive. that's the point. If you buy 200 each day for five days, you'll get a thousand for a little bit more than you would have a week ago.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6037

it definitely is not a helpful way, i enjoyed the option of getting 500 for more money or other goods...i do believe it has slowed down quite a few of our newer players in my fellowship, i believe it is forcing us to work more with those folks we have discovered in the world and the folks in our fellowships, that is not a bad thing! it helps those around you and perhaps those around you will start helping you when you put up trades! i am hoping as it sinks in, it it will work out for us who really play every single day!

DeletedUser6109

I just want to voice my opinion concerning the changes to the wholesale market place. I do not like the changes, and will say, if they remain in place I will leave Elvenar the same way I left Forge of Empires when it was intolerable changed for the worse. I hope the developers are capable of understanding that most people play their little games for enjoyment, and will spend money occasionally. Your job should be to make the game enjoyable for the largest number of people possible thus increasing your revenue flow by receiving a small income from a large number of people. Any attempt to receive large amounts of revenue from small numbers of players is foolish. People are very attuned to greed when it comes to games. Elvenar has become to greedy and I am now weighing whether I will continue to support Elvenar or put it in my wake like I did Forge of Empires. So to put it bluntly, change the wholesale back or I leave Elvenar, the choice is yours.

DeletedUser5968

to put it bluntly, change the wholesale back or I leave Elvenar, the choice is yours.

I agree...
If they really wanted to make trader fair they would have incorporated a drop-down box where you enter the item of non-boosted goods you are looking for, they could put boosted there too for all I care, and you choose what item(s) you have you are willing to trade for and they calculate the trade and you decide if you go wholesaler or wait for a trade. This way you could trade supplies, coins, any of the 6 common manufactured goods, even diamonds, so they get that greed factor into top gear, then there are plenty of materials available for quests, tournaments, events, upgrades, etc..
To slow us down in this manner, to me, is catering to some whiney high level players, who paid their way to the top with diamonds, and are now upset others are catching up to them and they want to insure there is a buffer between those who paid to play and those who just came here to waste a few hours and see something come from it, to not to be tortured at every turn with changes that hinder the already snail paced gameplay they incorporated into this game, or teased by events that you need materials for that you can no longer trade for...
They have to realize that there are many who do not fight, who barter their way across the map, and use up way more materials than others.
But dudes in an office, with a job at generating revenue so they keep their job, and this was their grand plan, to anger the majority of their fan base, nice...
Studies show that if we do x, y will happen... you got z dudes... z..

DeletedUser3642

I gave away all my resources to my fellowship members (via 0-star trades they initiated), blocked all InnoGames Facebook Games and Pages, left my fellowship, and uninstalled the app. All this after changing the name of my city to "Quit - Wholesaler Change."

It's obvious the devs aren't going to do anything and just the fact that they ignored all the beta complaints really tells us that this game was meant for them and not us. I will never support a company like that.

This too will be my last post here since I no longer play the game. It's easy for me to leave a game I've invested in when it's clear that the devs don't care about their players or their opinions. That's how many of these games die. I don't expect Elvenar to last beyond a year longer if the devs continue down this path. It's too bad. If they ever studied the psychology of gaming they would be able to easily turn a much stronger profit with this game without removing the "fun factor" for their users. Now the game seems to be how much the devs can upset their userbase and still hold onto them. Well, not this one! InnoGames is in my review mirror. To everyone else, best of success to you.

DeletedUser2146

Cos I am lazy... with not trying to understand the reasons why the Trader has been changed (maybe there is an explanation I don't see, that compromises the players enjoyment and the business side of the game) I am more often thinking that this game is not just a game, it is a kind of socioexperiment, money making machine or somehing where the player is just a tool ;) Yes, INNO is a business and if I don't like it I can leave, yes I know as a business INNO aims to 'force'players to spend real money on whatever, diamonds etc.., yes I know, with current Trader we will have to wait a lot longer to fill up our stocks and being 'on line' for longer time creates more chances of us to decide to spend more money... soon it will be 2 years I spent on this game and really more and more often I think about the Elvexit ;) Or simply ignore the changes and keep going until I get bored :>

DeletedUser5278

Another reason we need a reasonable wholesale system is simply because of the vagaries of what players near you are producing - as well as what's available for trade in your region of your world. As an example -- today I've been trying to trade for marble for the past 11 hours offering 2 & 3 star trades. However in 14 pages of trades posted in my region - not a single player is offering marble. I need more than I can purchase from the wholesaler in the new system -- without seriously draining my coin (800 units). So, tell me...how is sitting for a day waiting for trades supposed to be fun? As I've said in some previous posts - games are supposed to be fun and relaxing. And Elvenar is promoted as a game...not software. If any game limits me from making progress and having fun -- then I'll be inclined to play less. Elvenar included.

DeletedUser1996

This too will be my last post here since I no longer play the game. It's easy for me to leave a game I've invested in when it's clear that the devs don't care about their players or their opinions.
Lots of folks are leaving --its sad. This game used to be really fun -- now its just kinda , maybe -alright-just ok, but thats it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6551

Screenshot_4.png

christyb399

Is this the final word from Inno Games? If so I will start tomorrow to withdraw from my 4 smaller cities. I didn't mind spending money when it was a fun game, but between the fighting change and now the trader, the fun factor for me is declining.