• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What is the best use of diamonds?

mikeledo

I don't plan on spending any money. I have 250 diamonds and don't plan to buy any. I was wondering what is the best use for diamonds. Should I buy a magic ditch now to save space on culture, or is there something better later on? Am I maxed out on free diamonds or are more coming my way? This is a little better than Forges of Empire I played on Windows 98. I still have the disk but not the computer.

Gath Of Baal

Once in a blue moon, you might log on and win some free diamonds.. I have heard of this happening to others but yet have experienced it myself in almost 2 years on this game..
You can also win forum contests and gain diamonds, I remember reading that somewhere in the contest section.

Personally I would only spend diamonds on things that last in this game like upgrade your builders hut, buy an expansion or upgrade your magic academy.. The problem with buying premium culture buildings is you will outgrow them in time and eventually have to sell them off or keep them and loose the space they take up.... But to each their own

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The only free diamonds I've heard of are if you don't play the game for a couple of weeks, sometimes they offer you 50 or so when you return. At this point, there isn't really much that I'd spend diamonds on unless you have enough for an expansion, which I don't think 250 will do. Anything else you will eventually out-grow and have to discard to make room for something that uses the space more efficiently. For now, I'd sit on them. There may be the odd time when you want something to finish before you go to bed, like a scouting job or building upgrade, and it might be worth the 20 or 50 cents (diamonds are worth about a penny each) to finish a few minutes early.

mikeledo

Once in a blue moon, you might log on and win some free diamonds.. I have heard of this happening to others but yet have experienced it myself in almost 2 years on this game..
You can also win forum contests and gain diamonds, I remember reading that somewhere in the contest section.

Personally I would only spend diamonds on things that last in this game like upgrade your builders hut, buy an expansion or upgrade your magic academy.. The problem with buying premium culture buildings is you will outgrow them in time and eventually have to sell them off or keep them and loose the space they take up.... But to each their own

mikeledo

When I verified my e-mail they promised me 50 diamonds, but instead I lost 50 diamonds. Later I got a pop up I almost deleted saying I could get a 100 diamonds by hitting a button. I thought maybe it was a scam, but did it anyway and got 100 diamonds. As far as using diamonds for expansion, I think it is more economical to the use the diamonds to negotiate battles and get the expansion that way. So know I am "stuck" with 250 diamonds. I don't want to use them on something I can get for nothing. Right now these diamond only ditches seem like a good deal and can "expand" your territory by 2 squares over the codex. Although it seems later there are better culture building deals. It looks like the only way to create more builders is diamonds. I can learn to live with 2 and I see a lot of players way advanced of me have the original 2. I think my biggest regret is not being an elf instead. I have been a female elf in other games and got tired of it. Are there no male elves or female humans?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
As far as using diamonds for expansion, I think it is more economical to the use the diamonds to negotiate battles and get the expansion that way.
Eventually, you will get all of the expansions that are available from battles, whether you use diamonds or not. There are 23 expansions that can not be got any other way than by spending diamonds. If you intend to play the long game, and are patient, using diamonds to negotiate is exchanging them for nothing but saving a little time.

That said, with only 250 diamonds and no plan to purchase more, expansions are not an option anyway.

Gath Of Baal

I might be wrong in saying this , but I would be willing to bet most peoples first race is determined by your gender.. I would like to see statistics on how many females first city was elven and how many males first city was human, and like I said I would be willing to bet that a lot more females made their first city elven then human, and a lot more males made their first city human and not elven.. would be interesting to see just for curiosity's sake

DeletedUser6335

I admit it, I'm female irl and I played Elf first, but later made a Human to see what (if any differences) there were...and to have the different architecture. If they offered other races with different architecture at the start I would have done my level best to make one of each; here, as in my many MMROPGs, I am an altaholic and *have* to see the differences. :D

As for the Diamonds - don't think of yourself as "stuck" with them. Use them here and there to speed stuff up or just hold on to them for "down the line", you never know what might come up. :)

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I agree Gath Of Baal I picked humans first, the characters (on the start up screen) for elves is a woman elf sorceress and for humans is a guy soldier, so they kind of set it up like that. Elves is definitely made for females with its flower culture buildings, while human buildings are a little more to a mans taste I think, at least until you get to fairies chapter, lol.
As what to buy with 250 diamonds hold on to them for now play the game for a bit, they could be helpful in the next event coming up shortly, or wait for something better later on.

DeletedUser1996

dont forget your builders hut- to get to level 2 you need to spend diamonds. I have not seen yet players with just a level 1 builders hut. (that havent bailed on the game.) They will ask you to upgrade it ...as a quest. I cant remember, but i think its -100 or 150 diamonds to do so.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
There are not a lot of options with only 250 diamonds. I am unsure that even gets the third builder. You may find a culture building which is temporary, rushing something or 3rd level Magic Academy are your only choices. The third level MA can be handy come events as you can do things faster and store more spells at the time of production.

DeletedUser1025

The upgrade of the builder's hut has been so important to me and diamonds are the only way to actually upgrade it. I wasted my first 500 diamonds and had to buy more. For only 250 depending on how far along, I would go with an expansion because they are definitely important in progressing. I did actual receive 500 free diamonds once after a serious malfunction of the game. It was suppose to be compensatory for the screw up to the game.

DeletedUser4274

I might be wrong in saying this , but I would be willing to bet most peoples first race is determined by your gender.. I would like to see statistics on how many females first city was elven and how many males first city was human, and like I said I would be willing to bet that a lot more females made their first city elven then human, and a lot more males made their first city human and not elven.. would be interesting to see just for curiosity's sake

Every city I play in, I am a female human, which is exactly what I am in the real world too!

Maz Mellor

For me, the third builder was the best investment, followed by a couple of premium expansions at crucial moments. Not sure what that all costs these days though.... With only 250, you might be best off waiting for an event, like @Sir Squirrel said.

maeter75

A third builder is super helpful when your upgrading a lot of things. MA upgrade is also helpful since there are some contest that you need to produce spells and that helps.

I think the most useful thing for me was the first two extra expansion spaces. Made a big difference having a little bit of extra space.

mikeledo

Okay, they keep upping the offers 10% more diamonds, 20%, more etc. Right now they are offering me 50% more diamonds should I opt to buy them. My question is where does this top out? I am not going to pay to get 50% more when next week it may be 60% more. Or 50% and a builder.

DeletedUser3297

My first city was elf and my second was human. However, I have grown quite fond of my human city as I think it is much prettier to look at. Plus the human armies are just better :D

maeter75

Okay, they keep upping the offers 10% more diamonds, 20%, more etc. Right now they are offering me 50% more diamonds should I opt to buy them. My question is where does this top out? I am not going to pay to get 50% more when next week it may be 60% more. Or 50% and a builder.

50% deal is great, I would take an amount like that if you get the offer.

DeletedUser2963

Tops out at 100%. I have no idea how long you have to resist to get that offer. The only people who get it are players who have never purchased diamonds.