• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Unfair Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2509

I am in an awesome fellowship that only promotes fair trades. Have yet to see someone post an unfair trade and anytime a fellow member needs some help someone is always happy to jump in and lend a hand. Some fellowships seem to only focus on scores and rank. However our fellowship has decided to concentrate on camaraderie. We have learned if we help each other out then we all win.

Of course like any other fellowship we do have our guidelines such as 4 visits a week and notification if you will be on vacation. We also participate in fellowship games and promote communication. We don't restrict our members to trade only within the fellowship as we know all of us have many neighbors and making such a request would be unfair to our members.

Majority of our members are founding members but of course life sometimes happens and a few people come and go. So periodically we do have an opening here and there.

Right now Silk Road Traders is recruiting. Preferably for Planks and Dust to help balance out our boosted goods. We are looking for someone with 20K or better. No not because of ranking but because this will help ensure they are an active long term player.

Sorry about the shameless plug but there really are some good fellowships out there just like there are some bad ones.

DeletedUser3043

Are there just a bunch of horrible, selfish people who play this game, or am I just missing something? It is a rare thing to find a two-star rated trade. I try to make sure mine are at least two stars. Am I just stupid or what? I am pretty new to this, and I don't understand.

Unfortunately Inno is responsible for somehow showing us only the "bad trades". I have many Strong active neighbors who do post trades, but mostly what I see are small players far outside of my "discovered area". They say they have done this to promote fellowship trading.

As Archmage of Lunatics with Weapons2, our rules are basically to be active and to be nice - being nice includes posting appropriate trades. All our trades must be 2 or 3 star and no cross-trading that asks for many more lower tier goods for a small offering of a higher tier good. This has worked out well for us. We each of us concentrate only on our boosted goods, we make enough for our own needs and enough to share with the other members. We have grown strong and trades are picked up quickly, everyone has the items they need and are able to enjoy the game. The purpose of a fellowship is to each of us help the others so that as a team we all advance to our goals. That is the entire purpose of being in a fellowship.

DeletedUser6368

Archmages can help fight this by not allowing their fellows to post anything below a 2 star trade. That's the way my fellowship is and I plan on keeping it that way.
I'm currently in a training FS, my Score is 5448. Are you recruiting I'm on EVERYDAY!!! I chat, I help out when needed on 1 star trades but request the same when I need the help. I have my GA but have not built it yet as I'm waiting for " Rise of the Phoenix" to be done or I have most of the tough quest lines finished enough to build it (I have the room for it) you can message me back here I'll check back tomorrow, it's 11:37am here RN 3-24-17. Thanks!! :)

DeletedUser4572

I'm currently in a training FS, my Score is 5448. Are you recruiting I'm on EVERYDAY!!! I chat, I help out when needed on 1 star trades but request the same when I need the help. I have my GA but have not built it yet as I'm waiting for " Rise of the Phoenix" to be done or I have most of the tough quest lines finished enough to build it (I have the room for it) you can message me back here I'll check back tomorrow, it's 11:37am here RN 3-24-17. Thanks!! :)
We have one opening.

DeletedUser2509

Silk Road Traders has an opening for a Crystal player.

We do allow 1 and 3 star trades but only under certain circumstances. We allow our newbie players to place 1 star trades when they need help and we allow our veterans to place 3 stars to help out the newbies. This isn't random trading.

I have seen that there are some players (outside our fellowship) that have been taking an unfair advantage of the trader during Events by posting 1 star trades for the quest lines of "gain 40 steel...etc.."

Don't help these guys out who take advantage of other players. Your better off asking a fellowship member or even a neighbor for help.

Syn

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have seen that there are some players (outside our fellowship) that have been taking an unfair advantage of the trader during Events by posting 1 star trades for the quest lines of "gain 40 steel...etc.."
It's also possible that (like mine) one or more of their neighbors were grabbing up all of their little quest trades as soon as they went live, so their fellowship decided to put them as bad trades so people would leave them alone.

DeletedUser2509

That logic
It's also possible that (like mine) one or more of their neighbors were grabbing up all of their little quest trades as soon as they went live, so their fellowship decided to put them as bad trades so people would leave them alone.

That logic seems flawed to me. Bad behavior should never be encouraged and I find it hard to believe that someone would be waiting to pounce on a 40 trade. If there is a player staring at a trader waiting for a small 40 to be posted those players are newbies just struggling along without a fellowship to count on. When ever I get a notification that a trade has been picked up I check to see who it is. I have neighbors who frequently help me out and I help them. Our fellowship communicate on a regular basis so if someone is in need to complete a quest line one of us is always there to help out. If you worry about a small 40 trade I would suggest the person in need of receiving be the poster. That way it is a win-win situation all around. Small players should never have to beg or plead for a trade. They should be able to feel confident that if they post a trade it will some how be picked up in a reasonable amount of time. regardless if it is within a FS or not. The mentality that all trades should remain within a FS is actually not an advantage for a FS. This game format is set up with several overlapping community circles. An FS should learn to use that to their advantage. Meet, Visit and trade with your neighbors. You never know when you may need them or they may need you. You also never know when one may join your fellowship. Yes there are a few bad players out there but most often you will run into a miscommunication of a situation more than a bad player. Most bad players don't hide or mask it. They are just blatantly bad.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That logic seems flawed to me. Bad behavior should never be encouraged and I find it hard to believe that someone would be waiting to pounce on a 40 trade.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but I don't see what logic you think of as "flawed." On the day when 10 crystal were required, which I happen to boost, I put up enough trade offers of 10 units to take care of my entire FS and all active neighbors. As it happens, Crystal is in short supply in my active neighborhood, and within an hour a single neighbor took all of the trades except for two that had been picked up previously by others. 8 pages of my notifications were taken up by "b******* Your trade was accepted"

I also don't know where you get the part about "bad behavior being encouraged."

When you're trying to put up 50 trades to cover all your FS and any neighbors who need it, asking them each to post the reverse trade is a ridiculous requirement. if I put up bad trades of 10 for 13, so that anyone who just needs 10 crystals to finish a quest can get them, you are under no obligation to take them. You may do as works best for you, but don't presume to speak for everyone.

Gath Of Baal

yeah same here, I normally only post trades of 5k and 10k increments, and all my active neighbors ,who have cities around the same size as mine, know this.. So the day 10 silk was needed for the task I posted over 30 trades of 10 silk, so people in my fellowship did not have to use the wholesaler if no one else was online at the time they logged on and needed it.. When I logged on next I had found that my biggest neighbor whos town is bigger then mine had taken all 30 trades.. I mean really its only 300 silk in total, big time D-Bag move on her part, and what makes it worse is that they knew exactly what the trades where for..
Hence why we need a fellowship trade only option that you can click on when you post a trade

DeletedUser6335

I agree @Gath Of Baal A Fellowship only trade option would be a very nice thing - and should be something they seriously look at adding. I think it would be just another reason (of many) for solo players to want to find a Fellowship to call home.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
As inconvenient as people outside the group taking trades can be, I don't think FS-only trades are a good idea. There are already lots of advantages to being an FS, and each additional advantage tilts the playing field agaisnt those who just don't want to do so.

Gath Of Baal

All it does is stop people outside your fellowship from taking the trades you post meant for others within the fellowship.. Non fellowship players can still post their trades and have them taken by anyone.. I frequently clear the trader of all fellowship and non fellowship trades in my area and no matter how crazy the trade I will normally try and help newer cities out even if they are not in my fellowship, I'm pretty sure there are others like myself that do the same thing to help grow your neighbors cities.
I post a lot of high amount 3 star trades in the trader knowing that my map neighbors will take them, and that is ok, because it takes some of the strain off my fellowship members trying to cover me. I just want the ability to reserve my real one sided 3 star trades for my lower fellowship members..
Granted, making a fellowship only trade option might have some never trading outside their fellowships, but I do not think that it will shut down solo play, since the option is still there to post trades and have them taken by anyone

DeletedUser2509

As inconvenient as people outside the group taking trades can be, I don't think FS-only trades are a good idea. There are already lots of advantages to being an FS, and each additional advantage tilts the playing field agaisnt those who just don't want to do so.

I do agree with you on that. But I don't think it is just the players who don't want to be in a fellowship. A lot of newbies are starting out and trying to learn and navigate the game. Sometimes it is either hard to find a fellowship or can take awhile to get accepted into one so if your new and flying solo you need every advantage you can get otherwise you have a lot of disappointed people who just stop playing.

I also think they need to take a look at their boosts ratios in this game. It seems to be skewed. I am hearing complaints all over about there being a shortage of Crystal, Marble and Elixer boosted players. I even tried to comb through my neighborhood and am finding mostly Plank, Silk and Dust.

They really need to come up with a better system of communication in world.

DeletedUser2509

The simple fix is to have those little players post the zero star trade. If a neighbor snatches that...
Yep that is what we do. We have our page 3 players post 0 and 1 star trades. If a neighbor wants to snatch that then all they are doing is helping out our FS so no loss there. During the event if there was no 10-40 trades posted we simply posted them ourselves ending the trade amount with a 1 to designate immediate need and then posted into chat "trades up" anyone online seeing this in chat would go to trader and help out. We didn't seem to have any issues.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I also think they need to take a look at their boosts ratios in this game. It seems to be skewed. I am hearing complaints all over about there being a shortage of Crystal, Marble and Elixer boosted players. I even tried to comb through my neighborhood and am finding mostly Plank, Silk and Dust.
This is simply in the nature of tournaments. A week and half from now, the trader will be flooded with Marble, Crystal and Elixir, and it will be hard to find Steel, Scrolls, and Dust. If you find a balanced, full-25 fellowship, you'll find that those shortages are rarely more than a few days inconvenience.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2509

This is simply in the nature of tournaments. A week and half from now, the trader will be flooded with Marble, Crystal and Elixir, and it will be hard to find Steel, Scrolls, and Dust. If you find a balanced, full-25 fellowship, you'll find that those shortages are rarely more than a few days inconvenience.

It is not just in the trader but finding players themselves that have either Crystal or Marble/ Crystal combo. I have a ton of spots in my neighborhood that are empty for the Crystal. I don't know if it is coincidence but I am mostly coming across Plank/Silk players.

DeletedUser7629

It is not just in the trader but finding players themselves that have either Crystal or Marble/ Crystal combo. I have a ton of spots in my neighborhood that are empty for the Crystal. I don't know if it is coincidence but I am mostly coming across Plank/Silk players.
I would think the inactive bases would be the most damaging to the balance between goods ratio. Hopefully in other areas the population is better, but of the 37 bases I have discovered maybe 7 are active and the majority of those 30 in-actives aren't even level 2 main halls. Of the 7 active 5 of them have 1-2 of the same resources I do. It makes trading difficult and unfortunately even with a FS it's hard to keep up with the rss for tournaments, upgrades and research.

Status
Not open for further replies.