• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Unfair Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Would realm-wide trades help? Is that even possible?
You only see trades from the closest 200 players. World-wide trades wouldn't help if you still had a 50% penalty, and removing that penalty would take away one incentive for discovering neighbors. The simple solution is to delete or move dead cities out from the middle of the map and move active players in.

DeletedUser7629

There are times I would put up 2 star trades or accept the penalty when I'm out of something if I could find neighbors to trade with lol

I can't see moving people just for the fact I think it would be hard to line up the same rss. Increasing the FS size would probably be the middle ground.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence

DeletedUser6335

... Increasing the FS size would probably be the middle ground.

I suggested that once and most folks thought it would be a "no". I then suggested allowing 2 or 3 Fellowships to form an Alliance wherein they could chat, trade, and join to do Tournaments possibly...a few folks thought it might be a cool idea. I doubt INNO would ever do it, but it's nice to dream about sometimes.

DeletedUser6335

I think they need to concentrate on *active* players - move all the dead abandoned cities below average of 5+/Diamonds spent out (work first on the ones actually named about being bored/abandoned on the World Map, then the ones named such in their City name) , then move all the average 5+/Diamonds spent to a separate area (call it "Special Circumstances" or some such), next move all active players inward and distributed in clumps near enough each other to be discovered within say 220 to 300 Provinces out (so we have a blooming chance to find folks). After that they can redistribute the ones set in the separate area "Special Circumstances" back in to the general population randomly *OR* (even better) IF that player returns and requests to be made active again.

Hard work, I know - but they'd be better off doing it now than a year down the road and it would make current players MUCH happier.

DeletedUser3360

Thanks.. Good information. I did join a Fellowship for a short while, but I left it because no one spoke, answered questions and only two people "helped", so I figured it was not a good one. I hope to find a good one soon.

Are you still looking for a good fellowship? I'm in one but you will have to visit 4 times a week. If this is doable for you look us up. Dragons Breath. We are also fairly chatty as well so if you are looking for input give us a shout.

BrinDarby

The Wholesaler is a 5:1 trade... plus the UI seems not to allow super silly trades.
When you just need a few of something for a task, it doesn't matter the cost.
If the system allows a trade ohh well then, and if ppl buy them prolly its the
newer players that are just trying to get a foothold that benefit.

When I wholesale goods, its 4:1 ... thats better than "system", hahahaha.

Handgrenade

I agree that most of the junk trades are likely undiscovered players. however, I recently had to boot a fellow because she refused the put up a fair trade. she said people take them so it must be ok and free market blah, blah. so, there are dirt-bags among us.

That is the sign of poor leadership. If you only take 2 or 3 star trades... then ignore the bad ones. A good Fellowship will accept 1 star trades all day long if they can. If you contacted a player that was posting bad trades and she replied with "people accept them" then boot her that is horrible. When i first started playing only a few a month or so ago i had a neighbor that took all my 0 star trades. I also found a Fellowship that that accepted 0 star 1:8 trades to get the new and active upgraded faster so they can better contribute to the FS... by having higher level factories to produce goods that can be traded with others. You made it to the top of a difficult cliff would you refuse to drop a ladder for your children or tell them they will get here when they are older. Nope you drop the ladder or put them on your back and climb. Why wait months for your team to be able to significantly contribute to the amount of chests you can get in a tournament or prizes from the spire. But judging by your leadership i assume your FS doesnt get many chests or prizes and probably doesnt have much comradre. Im glad i did not get a first look at Elvenar from your FS i would probably not like it much. How long have you been playing? What chapter? I started early may and am almost in chapter 4, i score around 500 points in tournaments and have made it to the laboratory in the spire. Ceravyn/ the cloud. You should message her, apologise and send her my way.

Handgrenade

I generally toss up around 30 three star tier 1 trades every few days for new people to pick up. I post them at 50:13 ratio, so that even if the new player has not "discovered me" they still get a three star trade.

Had several players higher level than me pick them all up because they thought a new player posted them and they were being helpful:confused:. So to solve that problem, I actually started fronting them with big 25k zero star trades, so that bigger players dont take the "little" trades. The big nasties give them a pause:p. Seems to be working out.
Why not just message the targeted player, tell them to post the trades they need at 1:8, 0 Star. Nobody will pick them up and if they do... win win.

T6583

@Handgrenade you're replying to a thread that's several years old. Some of these people may no longer even be playing. The 1st post you quoted was from 2016. Most FS and establiblished players have no issue helping smaller cities grow. For example myself and alot of my FS's first page players will not only ask our littles if they need help we will tell them to post 0 and 1 star trades to help get them up and running. Prior to you even starting the game the trader was different. It was just this past fall that changes were made to the trader to actually make the trades more fair. If an FS has a rule about trading it most likely goes back to when the old ratios were in place which were if I recall correctly was 1:4:16. My FS has such a rule though we also clearly state that "unfair" trades are allowed if pre-arranged. If a player gets booted for making unfair trades it's usually because said player is no longer a small city and is a larger established city or isn't letting the FS know in chat / prearranging things. Also keep in mind that back when that post was originally created people were cross tier trading because of the trader ratio that has now been adjust. Cross tier trades in the past were highly considered to be unfair trades by many players. It was so bad that even now with the changes there are players and FS who still won't accept them. This is because some players would delete their T1 and T2 factoried and only produce T3 good which they would then trade down to T1 and T2 through the poorly designed old ratio system. Therefore they could get up to 16 times the amount of what they were putting up. Re: asking for 16K of T1 and only putting up 1K of T3. That was considered a fair 2 star trade with the old ratios. Now that would not be considered a fair 2 star trade. The poster of the 1st post you quoted most likely had rules in place, spoke to the player in question more than once, and then when all said and down removed the player for not complying with FS requirements. This game has changed alot over the years. As an Archmage that has been playing for several years, I also would have booted a player that refused to post fair trades especially if it was an established player (which to me is when a player enters the guest races) who was aware of the FS requirements and was spoken to about it. That is not poor leadership. That is an AM doing what is best for their FS as a whole.
BTW I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well as a newer player that is in chapter and achieving what you are in tourney and the spire.

Handgrenade

@Handgrenade you're replying to a thread that's several years old. Some of these people may no longer even be playing. The 1st post you quoted was from 2016. Most FS and establiblished players have no issue helping smaller cities grow. For example myself and alot of my FS's first page players will not only ask our littles if they need help we will tell them to post 0 and 1 star trades to help get them up and running. Prior to you even starting the game the trader was different. It was just this past fall that changes were made to the trader to actually make the trades more fair. If an FS has a rule about trading it most likely goes back to when the old ratios were in place which were if I recall correctly was 1:4:16. My FS has such a rule though we also clearly state that "unfair" trades are allowed if pre-arranged. If a player gets booted for making unfair trades it's usually because said player is no longer a small city and is a larger established city or isn't letting the FS know in chat / prearranging things. Also keep in mind that back when that post was originally created people were cross tier trading because of the trader ratio that has now been adjust. Cross tier trades in the past were highly considered to be unfair trades by many players. It was so bad that even now with the changes there are players and FS who still won't accept them. This is because some players would delete their T1 and T2 factoried and only produce T3 good which they would then trade down to T1 and T2 through the poorly designed old ratio system. Therefore they could get up to 16 times the amount of what they were putting up. Re: asking for 16K of T1 and only putting up 1K of T3. That was considered a fair 2 star trade with the old ratios. Now that would not be considered a fair 2 star trade. The poster of the 1st post you quoted most likely had rules in place, spoke to the player in question more than once, and then when all said and down removed the player for not complying with FS requirements. This game has changed alot over the years. As an Archmage that has been playing for several years, I also would have booted a player that refused to post fair trades especially if it was an established player (which to me is when a player enters the guest races) who was aware of the FS requirements and was spoken to about it. That is not poor leadership. That is an AM doing what is best for their FS as a whole.
BTW I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well as a newer player that is in chapter and achieving what you are in tourney and the spire.
You guessed it, i did just start playing not long ago. I do however still think booting a player for posting trades is crazy. Just dont take them if you dont want them there is no loss and only gain for players regardless of chapter. I would only say if you accidently accepted a bad trade from one of your members ask them to rectify it noting your need for those goods. I had a neighbor that took alot of my trades early on which i worked out with him but dont feel the need to explain to the FS. Take them or leave them. The trading of old sounds a little better but understand the fixing. You could build a power house FS with the right teameork.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I guess groups get to set their own rules. If they explicitly say no bad trades, then they can do whatever they want if people ignore the rule. Of the four teams I've been on with my main city, three of them specifically said int he description no bad trades. A lot of people think that bad trades are rude and exploitative, because it's so easy for someone to take one by accident with no recourse for the goods they've lost. When I was AM, I gave one warning about bad trades, and that was it.

BrinDarby

-- Caviot Emptor --

Lets face it, if you need 25 xtra of something just to complete a task...
you'll trade for it in a heartbeat, Time is money.... The Wholesaler is 5:1,
and the system rejects silly trades... anything less is a Bargain ...

Let the Air Traders Unite, Trade is Life ... Life is Trade...
Maybee its time to bring in some Ferengi Traders ... :oops:
Now thier Rules of Aquisition , ahhh the simple life...
BrinD

Handgrenade

I guess groups get to set their own rules. If they explicitly say no bad trades, then they can do whatever they want if people ignore the rule. Of the four teams I've been on with my main city, three of them specifically said int he description no bad trades. A lot of people think that bad trades are rude and exploitative, because it's so easy for someone to take one by accident with no recourse for the goods they've lost. When I was AM, I gave one warning about bad trades, and that was it.
Why wouldn't you just ask for the goods back if you took one on accident? I notice that you said when you were AM you gave 1 warning and they were gone. You need to help your team if you can to get them going. Nobody really posts bad trades later in the game, like past chapter 5. Had you been more willing to help your members in the FS you would not have had to find a better FS to play in as your members would have been leveling up and been able to contribute to your teams sucess much better. Thats just me though. I have noticed alot of folks play this game very randomly if their tournament scores and city lay out are anything to go by.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Why wouldn't you just ask for the goods back if you took one on accident?
Why should I have to ask for it back? If the FS you joined said no posting bad trades, you shouldn't post bad trades. There's no point trying to make that about other people's failings. You broke their rules.
I notice that you said when you were AM you gave 1 warning and they were gone. You need to help your team if you can to get them going.
Terrible assumption. I sometimes host what I refer to as "little fish day" where I guarantee to be online and take zero star trades from member cities with scores under 50k or 100k depending on my excess. And we sometimes offer extra lopsided trades during push weeks for small cites. I've given away as much as 2 million of each tier in a single weekend. But do continue to tell me how I "ought to help my team."
Nobody really posts bad trades later in the game, like past chapter 5.
Well, there's a common term for that statement, but we're not allowed to say things like that on the forums. Your assertion is verifiably untrue. I've currently got 3 pages of one and zero star trades for sentient goods, which players can't even place until chapter 12 or later, most from two players who constantly refresh their bad trades which implies that they make out well on them. So...nope, you are wrong. People who develop a habbit of profitting off bad trades will continue to do it, and continue to cause headaches for other players.
1592716403243.png

Had you been more willing to help your members in the FS you would not have had to find a better FS to play in as your members would have been leveling up and been able to contribute to your teams success much better.
You're just full of assumptions aren't you? I'm still in the same FS where I was AM most recently. I just handed it off to another player who was more keen than me when I took a few weeks off for surgery, and when she tried to pass it back I told her to keep it. So now we act as an informal council with the official AM role devolving on her. if I wanted it back, I'd be AM again any time. We are currently number 44 on our server, Having gone from an FS score of 2 million to 5.5 million since I joined a year and half ago. We get 8 chests most weeks, aim for 10 every fourth week, and regularly get silver in the Spire, plus doing top 25 or something in the last Fellowship adventure But, again, feel free to keep telling me how I "ought to help my team."

1592716988869.png

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Thanks.. Good information. I did join a Fellowship for a short while, but I left it because no one spoke, answered questions and only two people "helped", so I figured it was not a good one. I hope to find a good one soon.
I did the same thing with overscouting when I started, but you learn and grow and you'll get past this temporary problem. In searching for a good fellowship, make sure you check out elvenstats.com. Have the names of a few fellowships ready when you go there (you can find fellowships you are interested in by clicking your ranking number and then clicking "fellowships." Scroll through the list and read their intro messages to get a feel for a good fellowship.)

After you have a list of 5 or 6 fellowships you may like, check them out on elvenstats. Find out if they need your boosted items (not just the one you have now, but the ones that you will be getting later. You can check out your own profile on the elvenstats member page if you don't know what they are, or else look in your main hall for the items that are highlighted.)

Once you see if a fellowship needs your boosts, then check to see if there are any black triangles next to member names in the fellowship you're interested in. If you see black triangles, you'll know those players are not active and won't be able to help you. If that checks out well, scroll to the bottom and see if a lot of people are leaving the group. If you see a mass exodus, something is wrong.

Good luck in your search for a good fellowship, and in the game.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I only ever post three star trades and trade with new players even if I don't want what they offer just to help thm gt going.
Me too ... I have a standard five percent discount so my trades are always 3 star. They are always taken the same day, even when there are a lot of other trades for the same goods. And even when new, I didn't need "unfair" trades to help me. I've been on Elvenar for 8 months and earned 91,000 points so far, without needing unfair trades to get here (although one or two were offered; I didn't ask.) People don't have to gouge to get ahead. They can do it just by building only boosted goods and getting into a great fellowship like mine (Thornwood).

Status
Not open for further replies.