• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Event: March of the Herds

EarthbornIcarus

I do agree with this though.
In 4 of 6 worlds, I have decided not to continue the quest. Pushing to "serve" the challenges rather that the health and growth of my own city seems silly to me...even though we are programmed to jump into the crowd and participate...lol ie we are being "HERDED" just like the event title suggests....(c'mon thats funny)....

and there's this: I usually LOVE doing the quests!! This one made me change my mind. I hope Inno figures out how to put the fun back in.

DeletedUser7447

Personally this quest.. makes we want to quit playing.. its like putting resources in a whole.. not a challenge.. unpleasant work.. and for what? I spent all my beets and never got a daily reward.. last quest I got all I tried for.

DeletedUser9533

I am 4-5 days from the next chapter but would like to open some more chests without getting the first main prize yet.

When opening chests and gaining candies will I automatically get the first main prize when I hit 250 candies or do I have to claim the prize first and so can wait until I reach the next chapter before actually getting the prize?

DeletedUser7370

I am 4-5 days from the next chapter but would like to open some more chests without getting the first main prize yet.

When opening chests and gaining candies will I automatically get the first main prize when I hit 250 candies or do I have to claim the prize first and so can wait until I reach the next chapter before actually getting the prize?
You have to manually claim the grand prizes. So you can unlock one and keep working at developing to the next chapter before claiming it. When you complete the advanced scout research the prize will go up in level. In other words, the locking to a specific level occurs when the item is placed into your inventory.

DeletedUser9533

You have to manually claim the grand prizes. So you can unlock one and keep working at developing to the next chapter before claiming it. When you complete the advanced scout research the prize will go up in level. In other words, the locking to a specific level occurs when the item is placed into your inventory.

Cool, thanks.

shimmerfly

As a new player it is getting to be too much with nothing to show for it. I usually try to stay positive but with what I'm reading about what will be needed I have no chance without spending a lot of money that I don't have.for games. Elixer?? Huh??
How about a storage spot so I can at least move stuff around to make room for more without selling it for more stuff I didn't want. Hmm.... Maybe this isn't the game for me. Shouldn't I be having more fun?. The challenge part is great though ... oh heck.... Beet me silly!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I just passed the 36 to 38 quests. In the Halfling chapter, I needed to gain 404K supplies for #36, 505K for #37, and 606K for #38. I did each one in a single day. I did use POP spells on the third day, but I think if I had been more patient, I could have done it without the spells. For me, this was not really a big obstacle. The paying of large amounts goods has been too horrible for me as well. I just paid 17K of each Tier 2 good. That's 6 3-hour productions. So far, none of this has been traumatic, just time consuming.
Yeah 36-38 were almost reasonable. You'll want some PoP spells handy for the next batch that will cost 2,000,000 supplies, and the last one that asks for 3,300,000;)
Are those quests time-limited that you need to do 5 min productions all the time? Nope. Do you need to complete those quests asap, because other quests take more time? Nope. Are those quests completed automatically just by playing the game? Yes.
Have you done the math on how long it takes if you just do 9h+9h+3h productions each day? It's about 33 days for the 3 sets of supplies quests. Good luck getting the event rewards you want by doing that.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
As a new player it is getting to be too much with nothing to show for it. I usually try to stay positive but with what I'm reading about what will be needed I have no chance without spending a lot of money that I don't have.for games. Elixer?? Huh??
How about a storage spot so I can at least move stuff around to make room for more without selling it for more stuff I didn't want. Hmm.... Maybe this isn't the game for me. Shouldn't I be having more fun?. The challenge part is great though ... oh heck.... Beet me silly!

549ae4228153a5880825f5b37498a256--collection-funny-memes.jpg

The Unbeliever

I just don't have the patience to sit around and do nothing but 5 & 15min productions ad nausium... There's the summer event in FoE still on-going, and I have real life to look after as well.
Maybe if the rewards were better, but overall, the rewards this time around are pure gak - even the Mother Dragon, (only wanted it because cuteness!), is awful!
In Ch5, I get more pop per square from a fully upgraded house, which incidentally uses up the same amount of space!
And Glossy Gardens don't seem like a good investment until at least Dwarfs... (and we still don't know if we're getting it back this event!)

I've still got 1100+ change beets left, so maybe I'll just keep saving up the daily quests and blow them all on when the Lv3 Trader comes up...

DeletedUser6254

I am a decent level and have maxed out my workshops and manufactories as much as I can. It's taken me days to do some of the "gather supplies" quests. I'm only on quest #38. 222,000 supplies for one quest, is not feasible (then times that by 3 already). The daily exclusives are not worth the time or energy. The previous quests have been fun and challenging, this one is not fun and almost impossible.

DeletedUser8259

Even though I have stopped playing the Herds questline it is still affecting my gameplay negatively. It's very difficult to acquire non-boosted goods via trades because those who are playing have used up or are saving up their resources for this resource-hogging questline.

This questline is, overall, a huge hindrance to furthering normal gameplay. And it sucks.

DeletedUser8259

ha ha :p

It's gonna be a loooooong 18 days. I hope there's some people left around by the time it's over. They're dropping like flies.

edeba

ORC CHAPTER TOTALLY RIPPED OFF IN THE PRIZES

The numbers just seem wrong for the orc chapter. The jump in the prize values between the orc chapter and the next chapter is larger than anywhere else in the prizes.

Sucks to be you if you are in the orc chapter for this event.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
ORC CHAPTER TOTALLY RIPPED OFF IN THE PRIZES
The numbers just seem wrong for the orc chapter. The jump in the prize values between the orc chapter and the next chapter is larger than anywhere else in the prizes.
Sucks to be you if you are in the orc chapter for this event.

This is true for every event. The reason is that due to chapter 9 mana requirements the prizes need to be very good in order for anyone in chapter 9+ to want them. This also means that anything won in chapter 8 will become garbage very soon.

I'm not sure what everything should be set to, but if it was up to me I'd set the best pop/culture reward in an event to give the same pop/square as a max residence gives in 1.5 or 2 chapters ahead.
For example, a Soggy Shrine* won in chapter 8 would have the same pop/sq as a level 24 or 25 res (chapter 10 houses)

*note: if the next event has Soggy Shrines I will actually spend money on this game.

edeba

It doesn't seem to me that anyone would want them in chapter 8... I think prizes need to last for a couple chapters. The chapter % increase is the smallest between 7 and 8...

Chp 7 4100
Chp 8 4900 19.5% increase
chp 9 9400 91.8% increase
chp 10 11400 21.2% increase
chp 11 14000 22.8% increase

This is true for every event. The reason is that due to chapter 9 mana requirements the prizes need to be very good in order for anyone in chapter 9+ to want them.