• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

March of Herds Summer Event :)

DeletedUser2334

Thanks all for the comments. Never really liked the events, because every event quest is something that I've done many times over, now I'm stuck doing them in a specific order in a short amount of time. I have 50+ buildings maxed at level 25, but now I have to upgrade 6 buildings to level 4: is this challenge or frustration?

But this event seems worse to me. Paying in coins, supplies, and goods (especially goods) reduces my ability to complete provinces & tournaments which I enjoy much more. I also just started Halflings, which needs a lots of chapter space but only provides two expansion upgrades. So now I'm torn between needing space to progress the chapter or complete the event. I've gone from being bored with no chapter and no events to being in the middle of both.

I wish events were based around significant accomplishments (i.e. gain a lifetime max amount of coins/supplies), not just repetitive things we already do in a fixed order. I know that many events are also tied to holidays, but I wish this even were something we could enter in once I was not so busy with Halflings. Overall, I just wish there was more freedom and choice in this game, because right now it feels like play the way Inno wants or don't play at all.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That's why I suggest (here) that they keep the majority of the event quests separate from the day-to-day operations of our city. Design compact event-specific buildings that allow everyone to work at the same pace, with no advantage to anyone who optimizes their city.

DeletedUser4060

yes it is lol. Inno, decided they did not like us building all the buildings at level 1 to count for productions. smiles. They stuck it to us big time. I've got spells on my workshops and have done 60 Advanced Tools and still don't have the 259,000 supplies. I made the mistake of collecting my night goods and they don't count until you do a advanced tool. So take note. These quests have 2 parts. The second part does not engage until you have gotten into the first part. In other words. do not collect an overnight item without beginning at least 1 of the top tasks. So a level 1 building will be good to start the task and then your collection will count. Hope this makes sense.
Sorry, but i don't know what "inno" means. Please explain. Thanks.

qaccy

As an elf player I do not see them as having value. The extra range will at most allow them 1 attack that a treant won't get. However, the guards even when they get to 3 stars are much weaker than treants, and they won't get to 3 stars until 2 or 3 chapters are added to the game.

Being physically weaker does make sense, since they have that extra range. Even Paladins are the same way - Treants are juggernauts in melee range, because they always have to be in order to attack their targets - Paladins and VGs have range, so they take a bit of a hit in HP and damage to compensate for it. However, that range gives a much larger advantage than it appears when it allows them to attack through other units or across terrain obstacles, something Treants must always maneuver around. This makes it much easier for these units to chase enemies, with an effective reach of up to 3 tiles instead of just 2.

And on the subject of upgrades (to the detriment of VGs) I also suspect it's going to take much longer than '2 or 3 chapters' for VGs to reach level 3 - I can't remember exactly where I made the post but I've already mentioned that unit upgrades typically come no sooner than 2 chapters after the previous one, and the Banshee in particular went 5 chapters before receiving its level 2 upgrade. It'll be a bit of a wait to see upgrades for them!

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yes good points qaccy and because they attack from range they don't take a hit from the enemy from strike back, unless they are attacking a ranged enemy.

edeba

You've said this very well, it isn't a challenge at all and it is frustrating.

I have 50+ buildings maxed at level 25, but now I have to upgrade 6 buildings to level 4: is this challenge or frustration?

I completely agree on the paying goods. I was shocked at how much it asked and there was nothing enjoyable or fun about it and I completely agree that it takes away from a part of the game that I too enjoy a lot more.

Paying in coins, supplies, and goods (especially goods) reduces my ability to complete provinces & tournaments which I enjoy much more.

Here are ideas for a quests...

Complete a province in a tournament.
Get 5 kp from playing in the tournament.
Get a PoP from the tournament.
Motivate 5 builders.
Polish 10 main halls.
Polish 10 culture.
Collect a rune from the tournament.
Collect a broken shard from the tournament.
Open the first chest in a tournament (freebie if already done by your fellowship)
Donate 1 kp to a golden abyss
Donate 1 kp to a Tombs of Secrets
Etc.

qaccy

You've said this very well, it isn't a challenge at all and it is frustrating.

I completely agree on the paying goods. I was shocked at how much it asked and there was nothing enjoyable or fun about it and I completely agree that it takes away from a part of the game that I too enjoy a lot more.

Here are ideas for a quests...

Complete a province in a tournament.
Get 5 kp from playing in the tournament.
Get a PoP from the tournament.
Motivate 5 builders.
Polish 10 main halls.
Polish 10 culture.
Collect a rune from the tournament.
Collect a broken shard from the tournament.
Open the first chest in a tournament (freebie if already done by your fellowship)
Donate 1 kp to a golden abyss
Donate 1 kp to a Tombs of Secrets
Etc.

The problem with all of your tournament suggestions is that those are also restrictive requirements. What about players who aren't in fellowships or just when there isn't a tournament active? There's a 3-day lull between tournaments, that'd cause event progress to come to a standstill longer than just about anything that's currently in the list of tasks for this event. The suggestions of incorporating NH into quest objectives is a great idea though...would help to get more people visiting more actively, which produces more city boosts and improves productivity all around.

edeba

There are 4 tournament rounds for the quest...

The quest can easily be developed that what is build into the quest can be completed in 1 tournaments as laid out. Then it is a matter of planning for it.

The problem with all of your tournament suggestions is that those are also restrictive requirements. What about players who aren't in fellowships or just when there isn't a tournament active? There's a 3-day lull between tournaments, that'd cause event progress to come to a standstill longer than just about anything that's currently in the list of tasks for this event. The suggestions of incorporating NH into quest objectives is a great idea though...would help to get more people visiting more actively, which produces more city boosts and improves productivity all around.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One

There are 4 tournament rounds for the quest...

The quest can easily be developed that what is build into the quest can be completed in 1 tournaments as laid out. Then it is a matter of planning for it.
On the other hand, since the whole point of some of the quests is to stop people from completing the event too quickly, what would actually be wrong with having a few steps that must be completed during a tourney, therefor forcing everyone to wait and reach the next milestone at about the same time? In fact, for a thirty day quest, they could arrange cycles so that participation in 4 different tourneys is required in order to advance. This is another place where the idea of event-specific buildings that can't be constructed until you reach the given point would help to control the pace a bit.

Per @qaccy There would still need to be some sort of accommodation for people who are not in fellowships, or really don't want to do the tourneys.

On an unrelated note, why couldn't the mainline quests be on the same 24 hour cool-down timer as the side quests? Then the need to slow people down by throwing in boring steps would be completely removed.

qaccy

It only takes a minute to create a one person fs.

The point I was trying to make is that requiring tournament participation for a time-limited event is not much different from the current problem of requiring tier 3 goods (or even tier 2) from players who don't have them researched yet. There may be a 'simple' workaround, but that's not really in the spirit of the game and these things should promote accessibility IMO. For example, rather than requiring tournament participation why not just normal encounters? For most purposes, especially now that it's long after the massive 'upheaval' in regards to scouting and military changes, normal encounters are very similar to tournaments, with the exception that they're available at all times. I'm actually rather surprised that this event has no requirements to acquire a province (even optional ones), only to scout them. Though I suppose that fits in with the assumption that the developers intend for us to not blast through the quests at a lightning pace - a province can be completed much more quickly than it can be scouted for most players.

The Unbeliever

The major issue I personally object to over 'forcibly' slowing players down for potentially 3 days with tournament locked quests, is that means you have 3 days of no 'event currency gathering' beyond 105 max + hourly drops...
But then ALL the various rewards are one-shot-only daily deals, and thus, being forced to come to a 100% complete halt in the main quest line means players will then likely be forced to miss out on a daily prize(s) they'd really wanted. (which is fething stupid)

If Inno wants to put hard barriers into the quest line, then for the love of gak, give us the ability to buy the previous day's special reward using diamonds - and not at stupidly outrageous costs either!!!

We don't have any of the truly game-breaking buildings (yet) that FoE does... (ie: Shrines of Knowledge, Wishing Wells being the main culprits)
So really, even the top end pop + culture buildings have no need to be more than 1000-2000 diamonds.
AND, going this route would also be a surefire way to increase diamond sales, as it's a safe best that many people would be willing to hand over $50-80 if it means they can guarantee a couple of the buildings they really, really want. ;)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I just passed the 36 to 38 quests. In the Halfling chapter, I needed to gain 404K supplies for #36, 505K for #37, and 606K for #38. I did each one in a single day. I did use POP spells on the third day, but I think if I had been more patient, I could have done it without the spells. For me, this was not really a big obstacle. The paying of large amounts goods has been too horrible for me as well. I just paid 17K of each Tier 2 good. That's 6 3-hour productions. So far, none of this has been traumatic, just time consuming.
Yeah 36-38 were almost reasonable. You'll want some PoP spells handy for the next batch that will cost 2,000,000, and the last will be 3,300,000 supplies, right after you pay 300,000 Tier 3:confused:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And if life is happening to the point that you can get to a cycle? I don't like this suggestion at all. I think at most, build it so would require 2 tournaments. That gives room for life.
There's always something for someone. The best you can hope for is to satisfy most of the people most of the time.

They've already got branching. They could easily use branching to give real options:
Temporary labor hands require housing: Spend 50,000 steel on constructing a temporary barracks outside of town, or gain 18 steel relics in a tournament to have your mages make one, or spend 250,000 supplies to rent one in the next city. Combined with event-specific buildings that people have to construct to participate, this adds a little more color to the event.
then those that can participate in the tournament have an interesting path. Those who don't want to (or can't) can spend a day or two worth of steel (or making supplies, or whatever).