• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cancelling construction results in loss of supplies

Risen Malchiah

Orc Chapter
Cancelling construction of a new Mushroom Farm

The cost for a new Mushroom Farm is 7400 supplies. Cancelling the construction before it is complete incorrectly shows the message "You will lose some resources if you sell this building because your storage is full." Even when the storage is NOT full, only 3700 supplies are refunded.

If a refund of only half the supplies is intentional, it is not consistent with the rest of the game. (Edit: It is consistent with cancelling other NEW buildings. Currently only cancelling an upgrade yields a full refund.)

Attachments

• cancelfarm.jpg
    cancelfarm.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

DeletedUser4778

Orc Chapter
Cancelling construction of a new Mushroom Farm

The cost for a new Mushroom Farm is 7400 supplies. Cancelling the construction before it is complete incorrectly shows the message "You will lose some resources if you sell this building because your storage is full." Even when the storage is NOT full, only 3700 supplies are refunded.

If a refund of only half the supplies is intentional, it is not consistent with the rest of the game.

I noticed this last year. Cancelling the construction of any guest race building actually results in the loss of all resources (at least for me, regardless of whether or not storage is full) in the same way as cancelling the construction of any cultural building.

Risen Malchiah

My storage was only 550k/770k.

Interesting. I just placed and cancelled a culture building, a workshop and a residence and they all resulted in the same loss of half the resources used to place them with the same message that "your storage is full". Thank you. I had not noticed that before. So the half refund IS consistent with other constructions, but the wording is incorrect.

I also tested cancelling an upgrade on a workshop and a mushroom farm. Both resulted in a full refund of the resources, so upgrades of buildings still refund the entire amount. I'm not sure why cancelling a new building is penalized when cancelling an upgrade is not.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
so upgrades of buildings still refund the entire amount. I'm not sure why cancelling a new building is penalized when cancelling an upgrade is not.
I can't address whether it's intention or a bug, but the processes are different. Upgrading is only changing an existing building, while a new building involves a complete replacement of what was there. So the upgrade would be swapping back to the previous, while the cancel of the new building is effectively selling it off (which always carries a 50% penalty. If unintentional, it's possible they're just calling the "selling off" as a shortcut to avoid developing new code.

Risen Malchiah

Yes, it seems they're treating it the same as selling a building. It even uses the "sell building" label on the proceed button so I believe you are correct.

Then if it is intentional, it may just be the wording that is incorrect.