• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship drama

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
With all the people who are looking for drama-free fellowships, one has to wonder where all the drama is coming from.

Yes, I'm looking at you.

:(

I've often wondered what that even means. Is it topics in chat like politics or religion? Complaints about others not doing their part?

I think any or all of those plus more

In my original FS, which was a great fs in many ways, this happened

Myself and two others were joking around in chat ( names mostly changed to protect the fact that i forgot them)
We were talking about giving all the members "royal" names
It was like
Bob "well of course you are king muck"
harvey " you know Sexy Granny would have to be Duchess SG"
*just then i notice 'crazy soggy' buffed my MH*
Me " and here comes Princess Soggy"
well "soggy" storms into chat saying, "Don't talk about me you don't know me yada yada yada omfg"
after that she was const6ant tension

so the gist is
a lot of the drama is just stupid crap

btw
I joined my current fs in January or February and have seen Zero drama, and we don't even have to make rules about it

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I need to talk to inno and see if I can change my name to Princess Soggy.

Our FS made one little half rule about controversial subjects, and it was "Nothing is off limits until someone complains"
Since then we've talked politics, religion, sex, drugs and pretty much everything else without a single player getting butthurt. Kinda surprising when dealing with 20 random people on the internet.

Edit: we came close to drama one time-- Our wonder program records everyone's KP donations in a spreadsheet so that each players gets out what they put in, and a player upgraded theirs before we had a chance to record despite being told specifically to wait a minute so we can write it down.
So we asked everyone to send us a message saying they understand the system.
It was unfortunate timing as we just added a couple new players that day and it looked like we were real hardcases. iirc one of them left pretty much right then. Also I think they didn't like that we post everyones # of visits for all to see.

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
So we asked everyone to send us a message saying they understand the system.
It was unfortunate timing as we just added a couple new players that day and it looked like we were real hardcases. iirc one of them left pretty much right then. Also I think they didn't like that we post everyones # of visits for all to see.

They probably weren't worth your trouble anyway.

The thing about posting # of visits is making sure you get it right.
I've seen places where I visited every day, but somehow was counted for five.

The Unbeliever

My dad just got out of an awful fellowship experience on the SA world...
Ever-changing rules & always adding additional 'conditions' like "no more than 4 cross tier trades at a time", then being told "you have until tomorrow morning to remove 8 of your 12 cross tier trades", which suddenly a mere 1 hour later "you haven't removed your cross tiers - you're getting demoted to Fellow now!"
And other such nonsense... ("you need to upgrade your steel factories because we kicked out too many steel players a month ago - oh, and post more steel trades for the rest of us!")

Honestly Soggy, I wish I could join your fellowship on Khelonaar world, but I don't even begin to qualify yet!
Your fellowship sounds like a real blast!:D

The Unbeliever

Sweet!
However, would it be okay if I stick around to help out my current fellowship with this week's tournament?

I do have marble/silk/gems boosted, and I'm likely going to ignore the event after the Vallorian Valor is over with, so (hopefully) I can focus more on over-hauling my city back into production mode vs. event mode.
I typically visit 6-7 times/week, with the occasional need to skip a day every couple of weeks to 'reset' my visit timer so it's not at some horrible time. (like at elevensies... or lunchin... or afternoon tea... or dinner - or supper!;) )

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Sweet!
However, would it be okay if I stick around to help out my current fellowship with this week's tournament?

I do have marble/silk/gems boosted, and I'm likely going to ignore the event after the Vallorian Valor is over with, so (hopefully) I can focus more on over-hauling my city back into production mode vs. event mode.
I typically visit 6-7 times/week, with the occasional need to skip a day every couple of weeks to 'reset' my visit timer so it's not at some horrible time. (like at elevensies... or lunchin... or afternoon tea... or dinner - or supper!;) )
That works for me, keep in touch, we'll hold your spot.

DeletedUser2824

You'd be surprised at how much drama is out there. And people especially seem to love to focus it all into the internet world until it's got a finely honed edge. My first Archmage specifically created a drama free fellowship due to all the crap his former fellowship put him through. Drama is real, folks. It's here, it's everywhere, and for those who have run into a pile of it, a fellowship with the promise of a drama-free zone is mighty welcome.

DeletedUser7557

My dad just got out of an awful fellowship experience on the SA world...
Ever-changing rules & always adding additional 'conditions' like "no more than 4 cross tier trades at a time", then being told "you have until tomorrow morning to remove 8 of your 12 cross tier trades", which suddenly a mere 1 hour later "you haven't removed your cross tiers - you're getting demoted to Fellow now!"
And other such nonsense... ("you need to upgrade your steel factories because we kicked out too many steel players a month ago - oh, and post more steel trades for the rest of us!")

Honestly Soggy, I wish I could join your fellowship on Khelonaar world, but I don't even begin to qualify yet!
Your fellowship sounds like a real blast!:D

edeba

Sounds like the people involved are unclear on the concept that this is what you are doing with your extra time for enjoyment...

DeletedUser3122

Drama is real, folks.

Ya, I'm sitting here chuckling to myself, "what drama?" - some of us have experienced it in this game - me, in 3 fellowships until I made my own FS. First was, a "clique" was gossiping about me and made up stories, and "accidentally" emailed me instead of the AM with their report about me. My crime? One that didn't even exist, saying that I was playing my husband's account. What my real crime was, that they didn't mention? Passing every one of them in score.

Next FS, the drama that came out of the introduction of the Orc chapter, and boycotting the game. I personally thought the boycott was silly and did not support or participate.

Next FS, a political debate (I stayed out of!), led by someone that was transgender, complaining about how she was treated. It offended many people who threatened to quit.

I said forget all this nonsense, I'm starting my own FS and asking for drama free chat. I've seen many players quit, or get booted out, over these things.

Risen Malchiah

Our wonder program records everyone's KP donations in a spreadsheet so that each players gets out what they put in, and a player upgraded theirs before we had a chance to record despite being told specifically to wait a minute so we can write it down.
What program is this and is it easy to use? Or is this some super secret hush-hush-say-no-more thing? ;)
Also I think they didn't like that we post everyones # of visits for all to see.
The issue of posting visits came up in one of my fellowships. Some viewed it as a shame list rather than an encouragement tool.

Another fellowship took issue with our boosts spreadsheet which happened to include score updates. The mostly-absent archmage made a rare appearance to object to the scores being listed (despite it being a requested feature by a number of members) and that actually led to a rift in the guild between the active and casual players.