• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.34

qaccy

Instants sound interesting! Can't wait to try them out and see how they actually feel.

This part isn't really feedback since the game hasn't been updated yet, but would it be possible to address the fact that, in tournaments, you aren't able to properly view the stats of your units? If you check your unit info, it always displays the stats for your maximum squad size, even though in tournaments your squads are often much smaller than that. Knowing the stats on 900 barbarians isn't helpful if I'm only fighting with 180! This isn't entirely a bug, but hoping it can get passed along all the same. :)

DeletedUser3602

Yeah, I also like how those Instants sound! I have a question about the chest rewards containing diamonds as of the new update. Will the players that have already opened chests before the update get the diamonds they missed out on? It doesn't hurt to ask, :)

DeletedUser9469

It looks very interesting... I am glad that there is some rebalancing going on... I would have one small suggestion for future releases though... Don't roll them out during an event :) Nothing is worse than being on a timed event and not able to log in because of an update being done. Use this time to make the updates more involved and implement more stuff... I would assume that you could accomplish a lot with an extra 30 days while an event is running :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The answer on Beta was that since we already got a couple spells as a reward, we won't get those diamonds. Yay 4 spells, totally as good as diamonds:rolleyes:
On the other hand, many earlier players also got to benefit from assorted things that have been changed since, like higher-value to low level AWs, the Monty-Hall Winter Event, and cheaper land-expansion prices among other things.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
On the other hand, many earlier players also got to benefit from assorted things that have been changed since, like higher-value to low level AWs, the Monty-Hall Winter Event, and cheaper land-expansion prices among other things.
Granted that applies to some players, but others like free players who started after January and have advanced through the chapters got none of those either.

I won't say that 2k diamonds is game changing, but an upgraded MA and BH is a pretty big deal.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Granted that applies to some players, but others like free players who started after January and have advanced through the chapters got none of those either.
Free players didn't get ancient wonders that had a higher production at lower levels than it does now and the results from earlier events that had overly-powerful prizes?

(edit: and easier fights in the rings?)

DeletedUser1390

There was a rumor, perhaps based on beta, that this update would also include diamonds as rewards for some of the main line mandatory quests. There is no mention of this (only in chapter treasure chests) so I take it that is not the case?

SoggyShorts

Free players didn't get ancient wonders that had a higher production at lower levels than it does now and the results from earlier events that had overly-powerful prizes?
(edit: and easier fights in the rings?)
Ones that started since January did not really get very powerful prizes IMO. Everything since winter has been dumbed down.
As for better wonders, other than the GA, I think the wonders are better now than they were, no?
And the fights in the rings haven't changed since January, have they? Honestly the battle changes seem so long ago I don't recall.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ones that started since January did not really get very powerful prizes IMO. Everything since winter has been dumbed down.
As for better wonders, other than the GA, I think the wonders are better now than they were, no?
And the fights in the rings haven't changed since January, have they? Honestly the battle changes seem so long ago I don't recall.
The Wonders are better in later chapters, but for a very long time some of them were much better for early chapters than they are now. People with a Golden Abyss in low chapters were very disappointed by the changes. I'm not talking about since January. I'm saying that people who are going into the guest races now, did not get participate in the Easy combat last year, or the Christmas event. People who have already passed Orcs probably got both of those things.

SoggyShorts

@Ashrem
Yes, those that bought 32 expansions for less, and did winter, and over scouted, and had an old GA had some sweet advantages, but I really don't think 200 diamonds per chapter would change anything for players buying the max expansions anyways.
Those that play for free, and started since January had none of those advantages except a better GA.

For non-combatant players that didn't buy expansions it's really just the winter event, and whether a handful of winter stars outweighs a couple BH/MA upgrades is debatable I guess. Or if you spent diamonds differently, are a few winter stars better than an expansion?

The Wonders are better in later chapters, but for a very long time some of them were much better for early chapters than they are now.
I'm pretty sure it's just the GA and the BTG that got a nerf, every other wonder got better at all levels. For sure the early/low level wonders EE, ToS, and Lighthouse are better now. Not sure about military ones.
I'm saying that people who are going into the guest races now, did not get participate in the Easy combat last year, or the Christmas event.
Exactly, so these players missed out on all that and 5-6 chapters of 200 diamond rewards. (is it 200 per chapter? I've only seen screenshots of chapter 6&8....)

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And what was a few months of the old trader prices worth in diamond terms when it comes to negotiating extra provinces and building construction?

Are we only talking about people who started in January and have made it through 5 or 6 guest race chapters (Because the diamonds are only included in guest race chapters). If someone started after Christmas and made it to Sorcerers already in six months, then you're going to have a tough time making me feel sorry for them that they missed 1000 diamonds. Anybody who managed that and didn't spend way more than $10.00 on diamonds has way too much time for me to feel sorry for them.

Let's be honest? Those who missed six chapters of diamonds got lots more value than 1200 diamonds, even if they spent no cash at all. Does it suck to miss them, sure, is it so much a bigger deal than dozens of other re-balancing choices, almost certainly not. And if it is, tough luck for us.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The answer on Beta was that since we already got a couple spells as a reward, we won't get those diamonds. Yay 4 spells, totally as good as diamonds:rolleyes:

They can take back my spells when they give me diamonds, I won't complain about that. ;):p:rolleyes:

I assume it is more of a technical issue than anything else. Opening the chapter chests is an easy and existing mechanism. Creating a way to give certain people certain rewards for a one time deal is a mechanic that likely does not exist.

DeletedUser3602

Because the diamonds are only included in guest race chapters
You're right, I missed that one too. It says in the release notes:
  • Chests rewards at the beginning of a chapter have been rebalanced and include diamonds from the first guest race on.
So luckily we won't be missing out on too many diamonds.