• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Vallorian Valor

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Current daily prize in the March of the Herds event: Will this produce the troops if you have not yet reached fairies (thus having no mercenary camp)? If not, will it produce the troops once you get the mercenary camp? Or is it like the Orc's Nest: Get it before you're in the Orc chapter and it never produces orcs?

DeletedUser7370

Current daily prize in the March of the Herds event: Will this produce the troops if you have not yet reached fairies (thus having no mercenary camp)? If not, will it produce the troops once you get the mercenary camp? Or is it like the Orc's Nest: Get it before you're in the Orc chapter and it never produces orcs?
It will produce the guards regardless of what chapter you are in.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
But it will produce a different number depending on the chapter you are in when you receive it.

You may wish to browse what is known here, which tells you what exactly each prize provides, depending on your chapter.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Thanks, TedGrau and Ashrem. I checked out the link and it looks like I'll get 24 every 18 hours (I'm in Chapter 5). I'll take it! For someone who started out the game catering only for almost 3 chapters(and not training troops or upgrading military buildings) I enjoy the combat aspect of the game now. I'm starting to learn the unit strengths/weaknesses and to get another heavy melee unit with slightly different attack/defense bonuses seems like a good deal (even if it is only a few).

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Oh, and I see the Orc Nest there, too. I won it in either Chapter 1 or 2, so it's just a source of extra supplies and a bit of culture for me.

DeletedUser9469

Great! This answered my question... It wasn't the answer I was looking for, but it is alright I suppose... So, on that, and perhaps someone who has played longer can answer me... If the Vallorian Valor (Orcs Nest, etc) are brought back in future events, can they be won/placed a second time and if you are in a better chapter, will you reap the rewards of the higher chapter on the new win?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Any building you win in an event will give you rewards based on the chapter you are in when you win it. If you win one in chapter 2, and another in chapter 4, you can keep them both if you like, and each will produce a different amount of whatever goods or culture or population. Most people find it efficient to win the latest version and then replace the old one. That said, if you have the space, there is nothing wrong with keeping both until you need the space for something else. In some case, newer versions are less efficient, so not desirable, because the developers are adjusting things. it always pays to pay attention to what is actually on offer verses what you have now.

DeletedUser9469

Thanks Ashrem! Great advice and I will keep it in mind :) I did some looking and it looks like the Vallorian Valor is going to be a game changer for me even with only getting 8 every 18 hrs since... I am taking it as an opportunity to make some meaningful gains :)

DeletedUser7370

There is a small exception to the chapter locking of winning a building rule. That is the grand prizes from an event like this. When you unlock them with enough whatevers they are still not considered as won. When you actually claim them so they are placed into your inventory is when they lock to a chapter level. If you complete the advanced scouts research for the start of the next chapter between unlocking a grand prize and claiming it then you can get that grand prize at a higher chapter.

DeletedUser8187

Just to confirm. I don't have the mercenary grounds, am not even close to the orc chapter. I'm in chapter 4, will I be able to produce/attain the orcs in the prize orc strategist. Looks like someone said you get the prize regardless of what chapter your in, but it looks like someone said they didn't get any orcs just culture/pop.

DeletedUser1430

Just to confirm. I don't have the mercenary grounds, am not even close to the orc chapter. I'm in chapter 4, will I be able to produce/attain the orcs in the prize orc strategist. Looks like someone said you get the prize regardless of what chapter your in, but it looks like someone said they didn't get any orcs just culture/pop.

You will be able to get the Orc Strategists from the Grounds of the Orc Strategist buildings no matter your chapter location. It is only the Orc Nest which does not produce Orcs until you are in the Orcs and Goblins chapter; before then it is only coins (I believe).

DeletedUser8187

You will be able to get the Orc Strategists from the Grounds of the Orc Strategist buildings no matter your chapter location. It is only the Orc Nest which does not produce Orcs until you are in the Orcs and Goblins chapter; before then it is only coins (I believe).
Thanks. I missed the V. guards so the orcs will help my troops!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There are two different types of Orcs you can get from two different buildings. The "Orc strategist" is a type of fighter, and is of no use for negotiating provinces, and can be gotten earlier. The "Orc" that is used for negotiating in ring 11 can not be received unless you are int eh right chapter. Getting that building only gives you supplies if you get it earlier, not orcs, and that won't change later. If you aren't in the Orcs chapter, there is no way to get orcs for negotiating.

DeletedUser8187

I went to the tech. tree "Orc Strategist" can't be researched/attained unit Orcs and Globins-chapter 8.
When you say Orc Strategist is a fighter- I will be able to use him (I'm assuming they are male) in my fights. Tourneys and map fights. He'll show up on my Barracks-Army Camp; he looks big and brawny.
I'm referring to the prize "Grounds of Orc Strategist"

I'm triple checking I'll be able to get the troops, and I won't win the dang prize. I'll end up with more gem relics jeepers.

DeletedUser1430

I went to the tech. tree "Orc Strategist" can't be researched/attained unit Orcs and Globins-chapter 8.
When you say Orc Strategist is a fighter- I will be able to use him (I'm assuming they are male) in my fights. Tourneys and map fights. He'll show up on my Barracks-Army Camp; he looks big and brawny.
I'm referring to the prize "Grounds of Orc Strategist"

I'm triple checking I'll be able to get the troops, and I won't win the dang prize. I'll end up with more gem relics jeepers.
Yes, the Orc Strategist is the Heavy Ranged troop from the Training Grounds.

DeletedUser3680

What exactly are the Valorian Guards? Can I use them to fight provinces? Don't see a spot in my barracks for them. Do I need a special camp for them? If so will they produce without one?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The Valorian Guards are a heavy melee unit found in the mercenary camp. While I don't have a mercenary camp, they show in my army camp and yes they can be used to fight in provinces. I'm in Chapter 5 and I got them as a one star unit, so they didn't do too well against higher level enemies, but will still be useful in early rounds of the tournaments I would think. Not sure if higher chapters get a more advanced unit or not.