• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello Greetings from Deeping Bosk, Winter Is Coming, and I can't remember my other two city names. :)

DeletedUser9729

I just started playing yesterday. I'm a veteran Charm Farm player, but it was down most of yesterday so I decided to try this. I like it! I will be dividing my time between the two games - I have responsibilities to other players in CF as I'm a higher level. At any rate, I'm going to try to give both great attention in and around life, chores, pet care, work - you know - all the other stuff. I'm still getting the hang of the game, but have progressed a lot. I figured out early that the game is coin and knowledge intensive, so I'm concentrating on building coin and clearing provinces for the knowledge. Just built my barracks on four worlds and am upgrading them. Training soldiers, too. I return visits as soon as I am able (when the 24 hour timer runs out on your avatar so I can hop in and actually help).

I haven't joined any fellowships yet. I want to - but no one has replied - I've applied to several but honestly - can't remember the names. I applied to lower level fellowships - there's a better chance of getting into them while I'm a lower level player and haven't achieved enough to meet the higher level fellowship criteria.

So hi everyone! This is the first time I've been in a game forum since I played Castle Age years ago!!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Hi ArgentSol, welcome to Elvenar. If one of your worlds is Elcysandir, we'd be thrilled to have you in Skyeland II. We're a young fellowship currently with 21 members. The highest score is just over 40K, with 11 members in the 10K-40K range and 10 members in the under 10K range. We're growing and learning together and having loads of fun doing it! Look around and if you're interested, let me know. My name in game is the same as here. I looked for your name, but didn't see it (if it's the same as here) or I'd have sent an invitation.
Oh, and slow down on clearing provinces! It's not obvious (and I did the same when I started), but there is a design element where your provinces explored need to be in sync with the technology activated and/or the chapter you are in. Clear too many, too fast and both negotiating and fighting become nearly impossible.

DeletedUser9729

Hi ArgentSol, welcome to Elvenar. If one of your worlds is Elcysandir, we'd be thrilled to have you in Skyeland II. We're a young fellowship currently with 21 members. The highest score is just over 40K, with 11 members in the 10K-40K range and 10 members in the under 10K range. We're growing and learning together and having loads of fun doing it! Look around and if you're interested, let me know. My name in game is the same as here. I looked for your name, but didn't see it (if it's the same as here) or I'd have sent an invitation.
Oh, and slow down on clearing provinces! It's not obvious (and I did the same when I started), but there is a design element where your provinces explored need to be in sync with the technology activated and/or the chapter you are in. Clear too many, too fast and both negotiating and fighting become nearly impossible.
I don't have a city started on Elcysandir, but I'm happy to start one. You're right about clearing provinces. I'm a little stuck unless i want to negotiate my way through. I've generated a bit of coin and have multiples of the goods production buildings I can have right now. I really don't want to use all those resources up on negotiating.

I have a question. I'm stymied about this. Say I choose to fight over a section of a province and my units show 50 of each type I can have. Once you have a unit decimated (by thinking you can strategize around 29 units with 6, lol), how do you replace it? And what does training units do? I'm always training units - I started doing it and upgraded my barracks thinking I could replace the dead guys with fresh new blood, but it doesn't seem to be working that way. I've read a lot of the help threads here - just figured out how ranking works, but I couldn't find anything that told me how to replace units without spending diamonds. Am I just not at a level where I can replace them yet?

Meanwhile, back in the city, I'm amassing coin and supplies. Had to upgrade my town hall on at least two worlds. I'm on Arendyll, Sinya Arda, Winyandor, and Felyndral right now. I'll see if I can set up on Elcysandir as well - I'm looking for a good fellowship.

Thanks for replying! Oh - my name in the game is the same as here, too. :)

DeletedUser5521

I don't have a city started on Elcysandir, but I'm happy to start one. You're right about clearing provinces. I'm a little stuck unless i want to negotiate my way through. I've generated a bit of coin and have multiples of the goods production buildings I can have right now. I really don't want to use all those resources up on negotiating.

I have a question. I'm stymied about this. Say I choose to fight over a section of a province and my units show 50 of each type I can have. Once you have a unit decimated (by thinking you can strategize around 29 units with 6, lol), how do you replace it? And what does training units do? I'm always training units - I started doing it and upgraded my barracks thinking I could replace the dead guys with fresh new blood, but it doesn't seem to be working that way. I've read a lot of the help threads here - just figured out how ranking works, but I couldn't find anything that told me how to replace units without spending diamonds. Am I just not at a level where I can replace them yet?

Meanwhile, back in the city, I'm amassing coin and supplies. Had to upgrade my town hall on at least two worlds. I'm on Arendyll, Sinya Arda, Winyandor, and Felyndral right now. I'll see if I can set up on Elcysandir as well - I'm looking for a good fellowship.

Thanks for replying! Oh - my name in the game is the same as here, too. :)

Hi ArgentSol, and welcome to the game and forum! :)

To answer your question about replacing your army, you should have gotten the ability to train your light melee unit when you built your barracks. All other units need to be unlocked through research (unless you get lucky and win a building that supplies a specialized fighter such as Orc Strategist or Vallorian Guard in an event). Light range will come next on the tech tree. Then, it's kind of a while before you unlock the next, and therefore fighting will seem very unbalanced. It is. For whatever reason, fighting is very unkind to the newer player. My smallest city is in Ch. 5 in Beta and I am finally able to win most of my battles there, but that wasn't the case for the last 3 chapters. So keep training the units that you can, but maybe curb yourself on the fighting and clearing provinces (as I see you already started to realize..). And when you unlock armory on the tree, this will help you train more soldiers in each queue so your army can really start to grow. This is a good game, but there are things that we the players would like to see adjusted. Fighting is one of those things, but all in all, this is still a good source of entertainment. Good luck! :D

DeletedUser9729

And when you unlock armory on the tree, this will help you train more soldiers in each queue so your army can really start to grow. This is a good game, but there are things that we the players would like to see adjusted. Fighting is one of those things, but all in all, this is still a good source of entertainment. Good luck!

Hi Aramina! Thanks for the info! I'm chugging along. :) Another question - once we jump into a world, is there any way we can tell which world we are in once we are there? I keep forgetting which one I'm in and I can't see anything in the menus that give us that information once in our cities.

On another note - I read the battle basics thread (can't remember what it's called - am doing too many things at once!) and that helped a lot for the times I choose to fight instead of coughing up coin and supplies. :) On a few occasions I lost because I didn't know how the battle system was set up - but I'm better with it now. I need to jump over to Charm Farm before my neighbors there raise the hue and cry! Be back in a bit. Thanks so much for your help!

DeletedUser5521

Oh boy you only have 1 speed, doncha? LOL :cool:

To keep track of the world you are currently in, you can put the (letter/abbreviation) in your city name as some others do (A) or (Aren) = Arendyll, (W) or (Win) = Winyandor, (F) or (Fel) = Felyndral, etc. Some people don't like to do this because they use the city name header to ask visitors for specific help (e.g. C,B,MH), but there is room for both things. But if you don't want to do that, you can just look in the https:// address bar, and after the https:// will be us + a number. The number will tell you your world. us1 = Arendyll, us2 = Winyandor, us3 = Felyndral, us4 = Khelonaar, us5 = Elcysandir, us6 = Sinya Arda, and us7 - Ceravyn. Hope that helps :rolleyes:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
ArgentSol: If you meant could you replace lost units during a fight, the answer is no. At the end of a fight you are given the option to revive dead units with diamonds, meaning they will go back into your army camp. Otherwise, the only way you get more units is to train more units. But what you have when you go into battle is all you'll have for that fight. If you see during a fight that you are going to lose, you can 'surrender' and avoid any more troop losses. There's a good chart in Mykan's Battle Guide showing how to know when to fight based on the size of the enemy squads. The game is designed so that you are not expected to be able to win at all if you are outnumbered more than 2:1. At 1.6:1, strong tactics are necessary to win with 1.3:1 coming in at a moderate difficulty.

DeletedUser9729

Hi ArgentSol, and welcome to the game and forum! :)

To answer your question about replacing your army, you should have gotten the ability to train your light melee unit when you built your barracks. All other units need to be unlocked through research (unless you get lucky and win a building that supplies a specialized fighter such as Orc Strategist or Vallorian Guard in an event). Light range will come next on the tech tree. Then, it's kind of a while before you unlock the next, and therefore fighting will seem very unbalanced. It is. For whatever reason, fighting is very unkind to the newer player. My smallest city is in Ch. 5 in Beta and I am finally able to win most of my battles there, but that wasn't the case for the last 3 chapters. So keep training the units that you can, but maybe curb yourself on the fighting and clearing provinces (as I see you already started to realize..). And when you unlock armory on the tree, this will help you train more soldiers in each queue so your army can really start to grow. This is a good game, but there are things that we the players would like to see adjusted. Fighting is one of those things, but all in all, this is still a good source of entertainment. Good luck! :D

Aramina, I just cashed in 50 beets and got the Grounds of the Orc Strategist! Awesome. I have the light range - I've been lucky with the prizes, since I have only been playing for about 5 days. I was researching the Orc Strategist to see if it was worth putting in my city right now, or if I should wait. Apparently It's worth it. :) Thanks for your reply.

DeletedUser9729

I also used www.elvenarchitect.com to simulate a few battles. That's an excellent resource! I've been winning against much larger squad sizes now. Granted, I'm replacing archers and sword dancers like mad on my elven cities and axe barbarians and crossbowmen on my one human cities, but I'm winning, if only by a small percentage. Usually, I won't fight if I think I'm outnumbered - but I literally ran myself out of supplies on one of my elven accounts so I started strategizing battles on the architect.

Laochra

Hi Aramina! Thanks for the info! I'm chugging along. :) Another question - once we jump into a world, is there any way we can tell which world we are in once we are there? I keep forgetting which one I'm in and I can't see anything in the menus that give us that information once in our cities.

On another note - I read the battle basics thread (can't remember what it's called - am doing too many things at once!) and that helped a lot for the times I choose to fight instead of coughing up coin and supplies. :) On a few occasions I lost because I didn't know how the battle system was set up - but I'm better with it now. I need to jump over to Charm Farm before my neighbors there raise the hue and cry! Be back in a bit. Thanks so much for your help!
Hi ArgentSol! I am in 5 realms. The only way I can distinguish between them is by incorporating their names into my city names. If you are active in Khelonaar & have not yet found a fellowship, you are welcome to visit The Khelonaar Fellowship. ;-)