• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[16863] Unfixed - Chrome Freezing

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Confirmed that the freezing of Chriome windows reported as "should be fixed" has not been fixed.

"
  • Freezes with Chrome 59 should be fixed."

DeletedUser115

Is anyone still having this issue? I could not reproduce on my end lately.

DeletedUser2768

As of 1:45pm (Pacific Time) on Sunday August 6th it is still happening. I opened the game, waited for it to load, and then opened a tab to find out which version of Chrome I had (59), went back to the game and it was frozen.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Still happening as of moments before this post. Changing the window size still releases it with no need to restart. Other tabs in Chrome are not affected Windows 8.1

DeletedUser3821

EVERY day, on my PC and laptop. ESPECIALLY if i open anther browser window, even just google start page.

Same here. Still going on and now with notifications not working.:( And before anyone asks, yes, I've sent in a support ticket, as has the rest of my fellowship. It's happening to most, if not all, of us.

DeletedUser10081

I am getting this error now as well. In Firefox 55.0.2 Win-10 Pro

Dusty

DeletedUser2768

EVERY day, on my PC and laptop. ESPECIALLY if i open anther browser window, even just google start page.

Me too. This tab freeze is the reason I only check on my cities once a day now. It's annoying, frustrating, and ridiculous.

DeletedUser2768

Hey guys and gals, I've found a workaround. Others have suggested it and it's been working for me: Resize your window. If it freezes "restore down" (Chrome) and it starts working again.

Again, I don't claim this as my idea, I've seen it somewhere (probably in this thread), but it's a workaround until the devs get this fixed.

DeletedUser

So I tested a city with my IE browser (Windows 10), just out of curiosity, and I didn't get a freeze-up when I opened another tab. I did, however, get this every time I hovered on an item in the building menu:

2017-09-03.png

Hovering over items once they're built displays correctly. To be thorough, I fiddled around in my city in FOE, and everything displayed correctly.

I do still get freezing on Chrome [Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)], and Firefox is a mess now, so I don't bother with it.