• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Problems for all newcomers creating cities.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
So, completing Advanced Scouts definitely reduces scouting costs in un-scouted provinces. That reduction in scouting costs is reflected in lower costs for negotiating and fighting within those un-scouted provinces. Those lower costs may or may not be sufficient to trigger a change in the difficulty rating. Activating a Squad Upgrade tech may or may not be sufficient to trigger a change in the difficulty rating and affects both scouted and un-scouted provinces. The range for this change may depend on the number of provinces scouted and/or progress through the research tree. With 90 provinces completed and 10 scouted/uncompleted when unlocking Squad Upgrade 15; all techs in the tree completed to that point and no techs completed past that point: all scouted and un-scouted provinces triggered a change -1 difficulty level.
Does that about sum up what we know so far?

DeletedUser7370

Does that about sum up what we know so far?
Yes. The reported difficulty is based entirely on some ratio of province squad size and player squad size. So an 'easy' province could be unwinnable if you don't have the right type of troops even though you have a good squad size advantage.

DeletedUser3297

......... I have none of the elusive "green/easy" or "blue/piece of cake" (that one may be a rumor...I don't know anyone who has actually seen it..).......

Since the introduction of the new battlesystem (well not new anymore) took place last year, I shifted my focus to get all my cities within the GZ. Moving forward I only scouted the minimum amount of provinces required to unlock the next chest for the advance scouts. I always wanted to maintain the ability to fight and it worked quite well for me. With this latest update to the provinces that shows us a general difficulty levle, I realized that I could go beyond the minimum, by a lot....

So I started frantically scouting because every single province said it was very easy, that is true. I was able to enter the S&D chapter with around 10 over the number required to unlock the chest. Due to scouting further, some of those provinces shifted to easy, however, they have always been winnable. Here is where I am at now at conquered provinces:

ipgTfoN.png

Every single encounter on my world map has always been fought - never negotiated.. Most of them have been flawless victories, which means I expend almost 0 military to advance further:

yw4khtC.png

In fact, they are so easy I can take in forces that are no good against any of the opponents and still win with nearly a flawless:

fQPItxK.png

Doesn't matter, I win with whatever I want to win with...

I have so many very easy provinces that they are even stacked. Here is a very easy scouted Steel Province and the one right after is STILL very easy.

FwoiqSq.png

Here is the rest of what my world map looks like:
xmpxPF0.png
JvBkQ8l.png
rM7X3mT.png
zqXYpNS.png
8plLFgB.png
5c8fE0P.png
8Z6HNvM.png
TKf4bWx.png
HjZBOOp.png
zLGE9xe.png

As you can see that is 34 very easy, 13 easy and only 1 medium province available for me to conquer.

I agree, there is a problem with this game, it called balance. The devs have no idea what that is. As you progress, the game should get harder, not easier.. I have a chapter 4 city that has nothing but very hard provinces, why do I struggle there when I can do whatever I want at the end of the game???

DeletedUser7370

Since the introduction of the new battlesystem (well not new anymore) took place last year, I shifted my focus to get all my cities within the GZ. Moving forward I only scouted the minimum amount of provinces required to unlock the next chest for the advance scouts. I always wanted to maintain the ability to fight and it worked quite well for me. With this latest update to the provinces that shows us a general difficulty levle, I realized that I could go beyond the minimum, by a lot....

So I started frantically scouting because every single province said it was very easy, that is true. I was able to enter the S&D chapter with around 10 over the number required to unlock the chest. Due to scouting further, some of those provinces shifted to easy, however, they have always been winnable. Here is where I am at now at conquered provinces:

ipgTfoN.png

Every single encounter on my world map has always been fought - never negotiated.. Most of them have been flawless victories, which means I expend almost 0 military to advance further:

yw4khtC.png

In fact, they are so easy I can take in forces that are no good against any of the opponents and still win with nearly a flawless:

fQPItxK.png

Doesn't matter, I win with whatever I want to win with...

I have so many very easy provinces that they are even stacked. Here is a very easy scouted Steel Province and the one right after is STILL very easy.

FwoiqSq.png

Here is the rest of what my world map looks like:
xmpxPF0.png
JvBkQ8l.png
rM7X3mT.png
zqXYpNS.png
8plLFgB.png
5c8fE0P.png
8Z6HNvM.png
TKf4bWx.png
HjZBOOp.png
zLGE9xe.png

As you can see that is 34 very easy, 13 easy and only 1 medium province available for me to conquer.

I agree, there is a problem with this game, it called balance. The devs have no idea what that is. As you progress, the game should get harder, not easier.. I have a chapter 4 city that has nothing but very hard provinces, why do I struggle there when I can do whatever I want at the end of the game???
The turning point is right around dwarves. I was province locked on my way into dwarves because I would lose 2 squads per encounter. Leaving dwarves, I had 7 'easy' provinces to finish and lost about 1 squad for every 3 encounters. The reason the balance fails after that point is because the size of each ring grows and the most significant increases in difficulty occurs with entering the next ring, but the required provinces go 100, 130, 160, 190, 220, and 250. By the time you get to chapter 10, the difficulty is now 2 rings behind. If the devs wanted to balance it properly then they would make all the units available during chapter 1, and the chest unlocking requirements would match the totals for each ring out; meaning you would have to do ring 1 (6) to move to chapter 2, then ring 2 (12) for chapter 3, ring 3 (24), etc. They would also have to shift the squad size upgrades to better match the rings. As it is I am glad to now be in the easy zone with a barracks that can crank my troops up to 100 squads of everything while I conquer the world.

DeletedUser7177

I happen to be lucky to belong to 2 different fellowships that are helpful in so many ways. I am fairly new to your game. I have some questions that maybe you can answer:
1. Can't win battles, impossible odds. Older members in the game don't fight they negotiate. They tell you not to fight because you can't win. I quite like fighting but am now at 36 squad size going against different enemies with squad sizes of 138 or more. What is the point of having something in your game that people won't do because it is impossibly frustrating?
2. Thank you for fixing the tournaments but again, older members don't do the tournaments and everyone I asked said the exact same thing: "The tournament prizes are not worth the hassle of the battle." Consequently, newbies have no hope of getting to chest 10 for a blueprint. Why don't you make better prizes for tournaments? If you want people to play and be willing to buy diamonds, you should make it worth their while. Financially speaking, what you are doing makes no sense. Why not encourage instead of discourage players from doing all the things available in the game? Negotiating is no fun, battle should be fun for people not frustrating!

I have read a lot in your forums and many people complain. I printed out your strategy because it is like triginometry, impossible to read and understand. That is usually a sign that something isn't right. They say you don't respond and that you don't care but I am hoping that isn't true. Thank you for taking the time to explain this. I will watch for a reply. The Wizard McKinley
How are you in 2 FS's? I didn't know you could join more than one.

DeletedUser1094

I happen to be lucky to belong to 2 different fellowships that are helpful in so many ways. I am fairly new to your game. I have some questions that maybe you can answer:
1. Can't win battles, impossible odds. Older members in the game don't fight they negotiate. They tell you not to fight because you can't win. I quite like fighting but am now at 36 squad size going against different enemies with squad sizes of 138 or more. What is the point of having something in your game that people won't do because it is impossibly frustrating?
2. Thank you for fixing the tournaments but again, older members don't do the tournaments and everyone I asked said the exact same thing: "The tournament prizes are not worth the hassle of the battle." Consequently, newbies have no hope of getting to chest 10 for a blueprint. Why don't you make better prizes for tournaments? If you want people to play and be willing to buy diamonds, you should make it worth their while. Financially speaking, what you are doing makes no sense. Why not encourage instead of discourage players from doing all the things available in the game? Negotiating is no fun, battle should be fun for people not frustrating!

I have read a lot in your forums and many people complain. I printed out your strategy because it is like triginometry, impossible to read and understand. That is usually a sign that something isn't right. They say you don't respond and that you don't care but I am hoping that isn't true. Thank you for taking the time to explain this. I will watch for a reply. The Wizard McKinley

to win battles is to upgrade your Amory the more you upgrade it and its troop holder building you will see a better chance to win battles but it does have a lot to do with completing your tree where you get new troop levels too otherwise just pay for the completion of each battle but no real win.

DeletedUser8847

to win battles is to upgrade your Amory the more you upgrade it and its troop holder building you will see a better chance to win battles but it does have a lot to do with completing your tree where you get new troop levels too otherwise just pay for the completion of each battle but no real win.

Well I am not sure about that Armory but to WizardMcKinley, you can try fight as long as you can before catering/Negotiating. Battles are fun I agree, but if you have overwhelming strong army ahead, then it's better negotiate.

But, like all in the game, it is your choise. You can always ask help or advice, but you are the one who makes decision. Please make it so that it benefits your happiness to play the game.

There are armies that come against with so much power that it feels impossible to win.
Maybe some can win them with fight, but some don't.
There should be more easier armies upagainst than there is right now, it started very soon in the game - we call it unfair armies to fight and when you research one being more to troops (just few days ago it was Dryad for me), and when players troops size grow, opponents troops size grows in the same time.

Yes, there should be more easier fights to those that haven't been playing Elvenar long enough.
Also there should be little easier way to update buildings too!

I you have armories. 3-4 like I have seen that many has, updating them eats population dry very soon.

This all culture/population/update problem should be some solution that is easier than it is now.
It is no fun that workshops takes so much pop that you have to start to build residence. Even in town that is crowded since we are not having too much free space. Research gives good enough but not necessary enough new expansions. Other way is to complete as much provinces as you need to get extra expsnsions. Third way is to buy it with diamonds but like other things in life, so it is in this that appetite grows by eating, now it is 3000 diamonds, other is to open new provinces 5 of them more and then battle with them or negotiate with them.

Then it is spoken about too long scouts. Well in my map there is NOT near any province open. All of them are some distance away being from hard to very hard. Not good aspect I admit. And not easy at all!

I don't know. I hate scount next province already. But of course I understand that this game goes harder all the time. Stick's and stones don't hurt me but overgrown unfair opponent does. And in those cases I give up fighting when difference is over 100 units. ??

I don't believe that even dozen armories could fix that fact in any way

But I like the game

SA.png

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

Neither upgrading your armory or barracks affect your fighting ability.
It only affects the number of troops you can train at one time, and the speed in training.

To make your troops better fighters you need to research squad upgrades and the upgrades for individual units.
Also as you progress there are AWs that can increase health of all troops or the stats of certain troop types.

DeletedUser8847

Neither upgrading your armory or barracks affect your fighting ability.
It only affects the number of troops you can train at one time, and the speed in training.

To make your troops better fighters you need to research squad upgrades and the upgrades for individual units.
Also as you progress there are AWs that can increase health of all troops or the stats of certain troop types.

Even with those things it is evident that players loose battles, tournaments and compliting the province when town's map is either hard or very hard opponents.
What good is there to use, have nor update armories and barracks when benefit is that?

I just lost few times fight what I was ought to win looking weaknesses of my enemy but still lost! Now I have to wait few days before those troops are ready to . LOOSE . again.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Even with those things it is evident that players loose battles, tournaments and compliting the province when town's map is either hard or very hard opponents.
What good is there to use, have nor update armories and barracks when benefit is that?

I just lost few times fight what I was ought to win looking weaknesses of my enemy but still lost! Now I have to wait few days before those troops are ready to . LOOSE . again.

First off, I did not say everyone HAS to do those things.
I was merely correcting the misinformation about barracks or armories affecting battle.

But also, it should be noted that not being able to win battles can depend on your position in the game.
I bribed my way through seven tiers of progress.
I am now in Orcs and am winning battles.

Cynfer

Hi, Wiz,
I'm having the same problems. Newbie, like you. Sigh...I hope they respond.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Hi, Wiz,
I'm having the same problems. Newbie, like you. Sigh...I hope they respond.
The developers do not engage in the forums. The volunteer forum moderators pass along information but it is rare to see responses unless dealing with a specific bug or other technical issue. But you can get loads of information here from veteran players who give their time and knowledge to help the rest of us along in a game we really enjoy!

Depending on where you are in the research tree, battles can be difficult if not impossible. For the first three chapters, negotiating is recommended while you build your military. Most players consider this a flaw in the game and lobby for changes to be made, but for now, this is what we have to work with. You don't even have all the unit types until chapter 3! But, you can practice some in tournaments (they have smaller squad sizes, therefore smaller losses) when you actually have a unit specialized against the enemy unit (ex: main enemy unit is heavy melee & you have the light range specialized against heavy melee). It takes some time to get comfortable with the units and what types are specialized against others. In-game help with this is limited. You can hover over a unit in the box where you pick squads and enemy units will be highlighted if your unit is either specialized against or neutral to that enemy unit. You have to click to open the information box to get the details on the unit (attack/defense bonuses & more really good info is here). I recommend spending some time reading Mykan's Fighting Guide at https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-fighting-guide.4205/
There's a wealth of information there and it's a good way to spend your time as you build your military so you have a better idea of how to use your units once fighting is a viable option. Hopefully, there will be future movement on improving battle options in the early part of the game. Fortunately, this game is a marathon, not a sprint, and the first 3 chapters move relatively quickly compared to later chapters. Hang in there as you continue developing your knowledge of the battle structure and soon you'll be able to engage the enemy and win regularly!