• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 0.26

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the changes that came with the update to version 0.26.
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser626

New Feature - Knowledge Points gained from Encounters are no longer lost if you already have 10 Knowledge Points saved up. Note: you will not receive more hourly Knowledge Points if you already have 10 or more.

Thanks for this new feature.

It is nice, that we won't lose knowledge points anymore from solving province encounters, when we forget to spend the 10 hourly knowledge points.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Looks like you’re taking lessons from the Keebler elves and improving your product. You did excellent work on these changes. I’ve been stuck on the research tree for a while. The change I am looking forward to, besides meeting our new guests, is to be able to progress at a steady rate. Elves and humans can lose interest in exploring Elvenar if they cannot do anything except give neighborly help. This latest update looks like it just made the game much more fun. So to read about it, all you elves and humans to the Forum we must run.

DeletedUser43

I think it is great that we have the new content! However.....the KP times are too long. Way too long. We can't go out and fight and get KP because our scouts take days. We can't buy any more KP because most of us have KP that cost a stupid fortune by now. So all we can do is sit here and wait. At least on beta they had it so we could buy KP with boosted goods. Then they snatched that away. There is a lot to do....we have to change all our houses, we have to build portals and mines....and we have to get granite which is produced no faster than it would be if I were mining it myself in real life. All those things take forever. But, we can't even get to them because all we can do is WAIT.

I am one of the "lucky" ones because I have been gathering KP for a while now, but what about the folks who haven't? Are you kidding on these times? So...let's just add it up....94 HOURS before you can get past the advanced scouts, then another 86 HOURS for the dwarven portal, then 71 MORE until you can upgrade one residence. But, if you are like me and your city has no room, then you need an expansion. Let's add another 45 hours. and if you want to build an exciting new mine....well.....that will take you an additional 71 HOURS for a portal and 65 HOURS to get to the mine. 432 hours.

So, thanks for the new content. But I don't really have anything I can do except watch the clock.

Would you please ask them to bring back the ability to buy KP with boosted goods? Without that ability, this is more annoying than fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser627

I'm still seeing reasonable declinable quests, which I appreciate. And yes, the KP lengths are steep.

Also, the Knowledge Tree layout seems especially well-considered. I like the way the options open with each step forward. It's definitely improved. A player can choose a particular style of advancement and move through it nicely.

I used a sample grid and laid out a plan including all my existing buildings, adding the available upgrades and new buildings. I was pleased to see that everything could almost fit in the current 8x8 grid. Adding just 2 expansions gave me room for the 3 Dwarven buildings, plus several new residences. The practical applications of this will be more difficult, and likely require another expansion during the inefficiency of upgrades and moves...but in any case, it does seem that the upgrades are more efficient. Players who don't have basic goods manufactories and workshops won't see the improvements, and the prospect of eliminating Magic goods manufactories to replace them with basic goods is pretty daunting.

Perhaps most discouraging is the disparate ratio between potential population gains and population required to make the available upgrades. Per the wiki, I'll need an additional 750 population to fully upgrade one plank manufactory - which is the equivalent of 15 residence upgrades to L17. If I fully upgrade all 30 residences, I can upgrade 2 manufactories. I can tuck in a couple of residences on the existing grid, and fit 7 on 3 expansions (available through the tree) for a total of 4700 population. This isn't enough . So, while we've been given upgrade capability and space availability to make the upgrades, it comes with a less-than-realistic chance to build or even buy the population necessary to complete the upgrades.

DeletedUser1046

Hey, if now one else will say THANKs---- Added some new stuff, fixed some stuff, made some people, some stayed the same -- all in all a lot of hard word time and effort -- I'm looking forward to the next change -->>

THANKS --- ;)

DeletedUser511

Im not there yet but does this race thing come with expansions? If not thats gonna suck up our culture that we have to cut out to make room that would stink.:(

DeletedUser51

Would you please ask them to bring back the ability to buy KP with boosted goods? Without that ability, this is more annoying than fun.

Please keep in mind that this feature was never released to any live server.

We have a separate Beta server where changes and new features are tested and not everything that appears there is ready for release (or will even be released at all in some cases). It is not possible for us to even consider bringing back something that we never released in the first place.

It would be appreciated if we could stick to features and changes that we actually have on this server at this time.

DeletedUser627

Please keep in mind that this feature was never released to any live server.

It would be appreciated if we could stick to features and changes that we actually have on this server at this time.

Well, I don't play beta...and my feedback on the current update includes an opinion that this next phase is lacking. It should have included some significant advantage for those players who waited a long time. Yes, while waiting, they could only collect KP and goods. Yes, they were able to save some of the KP, but not enough to give them any significant advantage.

I only recently arrived at rank #6, but I'm entering the next phase basically on par with players who were far ahead of me. This doesn't seem fair somehow. Those players already met their quote of waiting and waiting - I don't think they should have to keep waiting.

DeletedUser511

I think these races should have come with their own piece of land on yours. Off to the side or something. I am gonna have a problem finding a place amongst all my culture im having to build. This might be fixed by raising the culture of all your buildings a little. Then I should be able to delete some. Does havijng these races bring culture? Having another race in your town to me sounds like its own culture and should enrich your own some how.

DeletedUser663

I think the new update is superb.

I disagree with some of the comments about the timescales for doing the tech tree - just rushing to the end is pointless - the times offer players the chance to plan, carry out quests, help Fellows and neighbours, while having a challenging objective in mind to develop cities.

If the times were less, the challenge would be less and players would be just waiting at the end of the tech tree bitching for the next release.

Great job on this - I think it was well worth the wait. Hopefully the next release will come close to the time when players are getting towards the end of the tree.

DeletedUser627

Does anyone know what the granite and copper are used for? I searched the wiki, but haven't yet found anything which requires either good (except for the new road). I'm sure I must h ave missed it?

DeletedUser907

How can I find out what changes there were?
So far I seem to like the changes that have been made, except for 2 of them.
One was the change to my total of goods I needed went from 1,000 to 750 . Before it matched up more with the amounts I produced of goods and supplies.
Now with a smaller amount of goods total 750, hurts me on my collecting.
The increase on the supplies, to 5,000 also has the same effect, causing my rewards on the both not as good as before.
I will continue more one day as I play and have more time to see what else it has effected.
Zushy, :)

DeletedUser627

I think these races should have come with their own piece of land on yours. Off to the side or something. I am gonna have a problem finding a place amongst all my culture im having to build. This might be fixed by raising the culture of all your buildings a little. Then I should be able to delete some. Does havijng these races bring culture? Having another race in your town to me sounds like its own culture and should enrich your own some how.

The first requirement is for researching the portal, not building it. I didn't have space - so I didn't build it , instead just went on toward upgrading my residences first. The portal is only 2x2...and each residence upgrade frees a 1x1 space, so I can fit the portal in any time. This may be a mis-strategy, but since I can't find any mandatory use for granite immediately (the step after portal alley), I wanted to get my builders working again.

This point is where I am really appreciate of the developers decision to give us so many options for traversing the tree. It's distinctly different to be able to proceed deeply into the tree with a single focus, and later come back and finish other research which is a lower priority to us. Thank you.

DeletedUser907

Hey, if now one else will say THANKs---- Added some new stuff, fixed some stuff, made some people, some stayed the same -- all in all a lot of hard word time and effort -- I'm looking forward to the next change -->>

THANKS --- ;)
I will add to ur Thanks , ChipBee,
I really do appreciate all the staff at Elevnar every single one of them from the very top all the way down!
I feel they are really listening to us and also have wonderful ideas for us to enjoy!
All the members I have dealt with are marvelous about helping so I do not expect no less from the top of this great chain of individuals!

DeletedUser663

Does anyone know what the granite and copper are used for? I searched the wiki, but haven't yet found anything which requires either good (except for the new road). I'm sure I must h ave missed it?

The research tree uses a stack of granite for most items after the granite mine and same for copper after copper foundry

DeletedUser907

How can I find out what changes there were?
Dear Elvenar,
I would also have like to seen a change in the time to finish goods also .
Take out the 2 day and add a 12 hour time.
As most that work on a 8 hr. shift they would have time to start the goods making, travel time back home , eat and play.
I am too old to do the 9 hr. one because it requires me to set my alarm to wake up way early in the mornings to collect and reset.
I need my rest for my health like many I am sure and 12 hrs. would be very nice indeed, :)
And for those that do not play every day u still have the 2 day fix.
Twenty- four hours is just way to long for a player to wait for their goods if they are very active.
And u could also have the choice when playing to use the 3 hour one.
Please consider this suggestion.

DeletedUser828

If some of you read the updated features, you're questions would be answered :)
KPs are costing a fortune, over 200k for me. The amount of goods to negotiate, and the cost of supplies to train troops are too high for the amount of coins we are earning. It would be nice to raise the amount of coins we are earning to meet the demands of the game as you level up. No one wants the game handed to them, but it becomes so difficult that you get stuck due to lack of coins and supplies.