• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Prepare for the Masquerade!

DeletedUser

For a chapter 3 city those 2 buildings (4x7 is total space for both) would give you
7,000 supplies per day
100 population
500 culture

Not bad at all compared to other buildings available to you.

Right, I get that, but I don't have space, and I can't afford to sell off anything to make that space. I can't buy diamonds to buy the premium expansions, and I'm nowhere near the city expansions on the tech tree. And this is for both of my Chapter 3 cities. Trust me, if I could swing it, I would, because those stats are fantastic, and the buildings are beautiful as well. With my main Live city, which I started first, I made the mistake of over-scouting, so I screwed myself there, but when I started my Beta I knew better. Though, it doesn't do me any good now, because I had to sell my armories to build additional crystal production buildings.

"Is crystal your boosted good?"
"Yes."
"Then why don't you have the crystal?"
"Because I traded everything I had to get the goods to build the Tome of Secrets, which I can't build now because I've had to trade all of it in order to have the 2500 each scrolls and silk I'll need next."

It's a comedy of errors, really. Like "Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead". Good thing I have a warped sense of humor. :rolleyes::p

DeletedUser7370

Being in in Chapter 7 the rewards looks useless to me. With both of them they would produce a total of 7200 supplies every 6 hours. I often overrun my supplies needs and have to burn some in the wholesaler. I also regularly do 1 hour jobs at my workshops, and because I am currently overflowing with culture for the Herds event I get over 1400/hr from each of my L15 workshops. The rewards simply have no place in my city.

However, I will do all the quests for the event because they are very pretty buildings. At some point in the future when I don't care to have my city grow I will put the various pretty buildings out for show.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Being in in Chapter 7 the rewards looks useless to me.
I find the closer you get to chapter 9 the worse rewards are. The focus is very much on guest race stuff, so anything less than winter quality event buildings just don't fit into a city that wants to progress quickly. The worst by far is chapter 8 where you know that in a matter of weeks or even days that you will nuke any non-mana building.
Right, I get that, but I don't have space, and I can't afford to sell off anything to make that space.
I don't recall what all is available to chapter 3 players, so it could be that replacing some residences and workshops with these event buildings doesn't work out.

I tried replacing some workshops with orc nests in one city as they gave more supplies per square, but it was a trap. Event buildings don't grow with you, so eventually you need to replace them, and if the timing of events isn't right, bringing another 2-4 workshops up to max from zero is a pretty painful process.

Arkadia

Wait untill you see the amount of goods that prize wil cost you.
Not to mention you have to build non-bonus factories to complete the quests.

enjoy the outrcry once this hits live.

We lost a long time player due to the last event.....not only that it was very expensive to complete, but he didnt get 1 single Daily Exclusives. :eek:

I personally didnt complete the event, stopped right before the last tier3 paying quests....

....sigh
this upcoming event doesnt look very promising either....should i even bother ?

Remind me again....are we not playing this game to have fun? :cool: :confused:

DeletedUser8752

I'll give it a go, like all events. But we'll see, not thrilled i'm going to have to build non-boosted factories.

Heimdahl

Nice looking prize, but pretty much worthless as far as I can see.Will play as far as I can in the quest to get what instants I can but have absolutely no space to build any buildings so the quest requiring all tier 1 goods to be produced is where I stop playing.If they want us to have all tier 1 goods then boost them all and let me forget about trading. I can't afford to spend money like I see a lot of players do, I just don't have it and then to spend it on a game where the rules keep changing seems like a bit of a waste.Every once in a while I think of buying some diamonds to get premium expansions but after looking at how rapidly the price of an expansion goes up and how many I need it is not worth it to me. I am on my way to finishing woodelves and have 5 of the ancient wonders placed in my city, all the others ready to place including those I have no interest in placing but can't again because of space so if I actually do get a city expansion I can't see wasting it on placing non-boosted buildings if even for a short time. The reason I say this is that now that they have introduced this, unless there is a large enough outcry against this, it will be a quest in future events.
This game is supposed to be fun, guess I just grew past the point where it is more fun than frustration and am becoming a bitter old man. Sorry for the rant, wasn't my initial reason for posting.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The "produce non-boosted goods" quests are hugely flawed. Yes, of course building level 1 factories is easy if you have space, that is not the point at all.

I've lost count of how many times I've explained the benefits of only focusing on your boosted goods. For the tiny fraction of players that read the forums it's perfectly obvious that non-boosted buildings are bad, and trading is better, but almost every new player has to learn this. Now how am I supposed to help new players if I can no longer tell them they will never need non-boosted buildings?

Easy quest? Yes. for most.
Bug free quest? Yes.
Good for the game? Hell no.

Quests should promote and reward progress. Just like mainline quests do. "Have 2 workshops at (max level)*" is a great example-- A quest that rewards you for improving your city. "Spend 20 KP" Another good quest that pushes you forwards.

Being asked to build non-boosted factories is bad- it does absolutely nothing to improve your city.
Same goes for the "Pay xxx " quests. These retard your growth and actually harm your progress.

The direction inno should take is to implement some of the many suggestions we have given them like "Give neighborly help to 10x(your chapter) players"
Again, I'm not saying the quests are too hard, I'm saying they could be so much better.

*To accommodate paying players this can simply be changed to "Have 2 workshops at level 21 or Have 2 magic workshops at level 8"

DeletedUser9247

Being in orcs chapter I must say: laughable reward. I cannot fathom who could've though this will be compelling for anyone below woodelves.
For a minute there I though that maybe the small quest rewards will be worth it since they all instants, but then I've checked...
upgrade main hall- 36h 54min with 10% from BH...now let me pull out those awesome time boosters I've paid for with thousands of my boosted and non boosted goods....3...6...9..13 instants used and
-2h 23min
0c874bf36b40469c2ea241acf9af5839b367a6aa99293275bf7f0834716d23c5.jpg

Not touching this event with a 10 feet pole.

DeletedUser7791

I don't see value here for me. I am in Dwarves and Chap V. Just recovering goods from the last one. I replaced nearly all my culture prizes, but I don't even think I would put these in if they were just given to me. Bummer, because I like these quests. I guess this is for the mana chapters only.

ekarat

The "produce non-boosted goods" quests are hugely flawed. Yes, of course building level 1 factories is easy if you have space, that is not the point at all.

I've lost count of how many times I've explained the benefits of only focusing on your boosted goods. For the tiny fraction of players that read the forums it's perfectly obvious that non-boosted buildings are bad, and trading is better, but almost every new player has to learn this. Now how am I supposed to help new players if I can no longer tell them they will never need non-boosted buildings?

Easy quest? Yes. for most.
Bug free quest? Yes.
Good for the game? Hell no.

Quests should promote and reward progress. Just like mainline quests do. "Have 2 workshops at (max level)*" is a great example-- A quest that rewards you for improving your city. "Spend 20 KP" Another good quest that pushes you forwards.

Being asked to build non-boosted factories is bad- it does absolutely nothing to improve your city.
Same goes for the "Pay xxx " quests. These retard your growth and actually harm your progress.

The direction inno should take is to implement some of the many suggestions we have given them like "Give neighborly help to 10x(your chapter) players"
Again, I'm not saying the quests are too hard, I'm saying they could be so much better.

*To accommodate paying players this can simply be changed to "Have 2 workshops at level 21 or Have 2 magic workshops at level 8"

This is so basically true that even I 100% agree with Soggy. (And if there's a chance that someone could possibly disagree, I probably will.)

DeletedUser9959

Dear Humans and Elves,

As you have seen mentioned in our announcement thread, Estrella is getting ready to visit your cities. Please make sure that you are all in festive attire and ready to have a great time! We would love to hear your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Hello,

I am wondering when the Event will be starting? Mine has yet to show in my FSs.

Sincerely,
Lady Torie

DeletedUser3468

As I stated on another thread, when Lady Estrella shows up in my cities, she's liable to be greeted by my army!!! (I wish!) Nope! Not doing it! Go away, Estrella! I'm too busy mining granite and copper or growing thing in my day and night farms... and that's just in the 4 worlds where I'm advanced enough to not go broke from her demands! My 2 smaller cities don't have the goods or coins to toss into blach holes or bottomless pits for some teeny "reward".:p