• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mykans guide - Tournaments

DeletedUser8847

My next chapter leads me to the Dwafs.
How many workshops is good to have before it?
Also what can I expect?
Just now I have started to build 4 workshops more, before it I had 6.
Any advice to preparing to Dwarfs?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This is almost impossible to answer without a lot more information.
Do you train troops 24/7? If so, what level are your armories/barracks?
How many of each factory do you have, and at what level?
Do you have any wonders that give supplies like the endless excavation or Tome of secrets?

The easiest way to know how many of each building you should have at any point is to make your city in www.elvenarchitect.com and start from the end of a chapter and work backwards.
So look up what techs you unlock in chapter 6, and design a city that has max level everything for the end of chapter 6. Check the report, and make sure everything is in the green, save that plan, and then in the architect program reduce the levels of the buildings until you get back to what you actually have now.
There are a few ways to get through dwarves, and which is best will of course depend on your playstyle.
The standard advice is to have 6 copper and 12 granite mines, all at max level.
I prefer to have 10 copper mines at level 2, and 23 granite mines at level 3.
Obviously my way needs more space, but "wastes" less copper and granite upgrading buildings.

6 level 4 coppers make 470 copper/day
cost to build is 3,576 copper and 190K granite
10 level 2 copper make 280 copper/day
cost to build is 890 copper and 70K granite

As you can see, the 6 max level copper make a lot more per day, but you need to spend a week at max level to make up for the copper you spent to get there. Since my playstyle meant I needed less than a month to get through chapter , giving up a week of production to get my mines upgraded was too high a cost.

There's some great info here:
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/dwarves-chapter-vi

DeletedUser8847

This is almost impossible to answer without a lot more information.
Do you train troops 24/7? If so, what level are your armories/barracks?
How many of each factory do you have, and at what level?
Do you have any wonders that give supplies like the endless excavation or Tome of secrets?

The easiest way to know how many of each building you should have at any point is to make your city in www.elvenarchitect.com and start from the end of a chapter and work backwards.
So look up what techs you unlock in chapter 6, and design a city that has max level everything for the end of chapter 6. Check the report, and make sure everything is in the green, save that plan, and then in the architect program reduce the levels of the buildings until you get back to what you actually have now.

There are a few ways to get through dwarves, and which is best will of course depend on your playstyle.
The standard advice is to have 6 copper and 12 granite mines, all at max level.
I prefer to have 10 copper mines at level 2, and 23 granite mines at level 3.
Obviously my way needs more space, but "wastes" less copper and granite upgrading buildings.

6 level 4 coppers make 470 copper/day
cost to build is 3,576 copper and 190K granite
10 level 2 copper make 280 copper/day
cost to build is 890 copper and 70K granite

As you can see, the 6 max level copper make a lot more per day, but you need to spend a week at max level to make up for the copper you spent to get there. Since my playstyle meant I needed less than a month to get through chapter , giving up a week of production to get my mines upgraded was too high a cost.

There's some great info here:
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/dwarves-chapter-vi

I have two armories at level 9 and one at level 11

6 Workshops are at level 15

Marble mf's at level 13

Chrystal mf's at level 10

Elixir mf's at level 8

So we need bult mines too? Copper and granite. What for they are?

I read that there will be dwarf update to workshops and other mf's. What good is that?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Also what can I expect?
Just now I have started to build 4 workshops more, before it I had 6.

As @SoggyShorts mentioned there are a lot of variables. The website he linked is very good. Also look at these links:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-guest-races.4200/
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/how-much-guest-race-space-do-you-have.5304/
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/how-much-factory-space-do-you-have.5288/

The last 2 links are a discussion by players about space allocation. The one on factory space does touch on workshops to support the designs so it may also be of use.

In my experience number of workshops has little impact in terms of chapter but more in terms of playtime, number of builders and amount of armies produced. The workshops seem to scale nicely so once you have the right number for your play style by simply upgrading them each era should reasonably be correct for you in that chapter.

BBsAmazon

My question is: how does one join a tournament when playing using the mobile app? I know this game is cross—platfprom because I started it on the computer, then opened up the game on my iPad and my progress was right where I left it on the computer - yay for that!!

DeletedUser9601

My question is: how does one join a tournament when playing using the mobile app? I know this game is cross—platfprom because I started it on the computer, then opened up the game on my iPad and my progress was right where I left it on the computer - yay for that!!
I think that tournaments (and a few other features) are not yet available in the mobile app. There should be an updated version in the near future, so that the mobile app has more of the features that the browser version has.

BBsAmazon

I think that tournaments (and a few other features) are not yet available in the mobile app. There should be an updated version in the near future, so that the mobile app has more of the features that the browser version has.
Yes, I finally contacted the powers that be and asked them. Your answer is verified. Now, relating to the desktop app. I noticed that you can click on the fellowship flag and the tournament tab is there. But where does one go from there?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
BBs: The tournament tab under the FS icon is a running total of where the FS is on the tournament. To play, you click the world map, once there, click the circus tent icon next to the grayed out world icon and you'll find the first province. As you complete provinces, the next one will open until you have opened all of the provinces of that type available. So, for this one, you will have tournament rounds in all the crystal provinces that you have completed. It takes 16 hours from completion of a round for another round to open in the same tournament province.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Yes, I finally contacted the powers that be and asked them. Your answer is verified. Now, relating to the desktop app. I noticed that you can click on the fellowship flag and the tournament tab is there. But where does one go from there?

That tab just shows you fellowship progress. Click on the world map instead, you will then see a province near your town for a tournament or click on the tournament tent at the bottom of the screen and it lists provinces you have available/completed. Click the green button to open that province.

Edit: Ninja'd by Samidodamage

BBsAmazon

That tab just shows you fellowship progress. Click on the world map instead, you will then see a province near your town for a tournament or click on the tournament tent at the bottom of the screen and it lists provinces you have available/completed. Click the green button to open that province.

Edit: Ninja'd by Samidodamage
Thanks so much!

BBsAmazon

BBs: The tournament tab under the FS icon is a running total of where the FS is on the tournament. To play, you click the world map, once there, click the circus tent icon next to the grayed out world icon and you'll find the first province. As you complete provinces, the next one will open until you have opened all of the provinces of that type available. So, for this one, you will have tournament rounds in all the crystal provinces that you have completed. It takes 16 hours from completion of a round for another round to open in the same tournament province.
Thanks!

DeletedUser2379

Is there a known percentage progression of troop size vs enemy based on province attempting and tournament round? That would be super helpful. Say you are attempting the 4th province for the 2nd star, what would the approx size of your troop be compared to your normal full troop?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Troop size vs enemy is listed in the first post in this thread. It's under the bold title 'fighting'. There's a thread somewhere that I can't find right now that has the progression of 1 star, 2 star, and 3 star enemy troops through the rounds of each province.

DeletedUser2379

I may not have asked correctly... Currently (in Chapter 12), My full troop size for Archers is 2361 individuals per troop... in the tournaments however, in the first round my troop size is about 120... what I'm looking for is a chart of my troop sizes as I progress through the provinces and as I progress through the levels.

So in essence looking for tournament troop size vs normal troop size throughout the tournament

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So in essence looking for tournament troop size vs normal troop size throughout the tournament
It's province x 5%
province 1 is 5% of your normal size.
province 10 is 50%
province 20 is 100%
province 100 is 500% your size and means you are a dirty dirty cheater.

On top of that, the enemy is
First star 85% your size
Second star 100% your size

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Is there a known percentage progression of troop size vs enemy based on province attempting and tournament round? That would be super helpful. Say you are attempting the 4th province for the 2nd star, what would the approx size of your troop be compared to your normal full troop?

I do not have a chart of this. There is however a known percentage in terms of your squad size, this is a function of your world map squad size and changed for each province. The round you are in does not effect this. The first province you encounter your squad size is 5% of your world map squad size. This than increases by 5% each province as you progress. For example:
  • Province 1 5%
  • Province 2 10%
  • Province 3 15%
  • Province 10 50%
  • Province 20 100%
  • Province 30 150%
As to the enemy squad size it depends on the round (star) that you are doing, those numbers are posted in the guide above. They are listed in terms of your squad as a percentage of the enemy.

Edit: Ninja'd by Soggy

DeletedUser17130

Thank you for the guide. It helps a lot.
But the image of the tournament order and best unit to have is gone. I was looking at it every tournament.
This was the most helpful piece of information for me, I think you should have that at the top. It will help players the most.
Maybe it is a forum or browser issue ? It shows IMG but the image is not there. I tried with chrome and internet explorer.
Glad I found the image from somebody else at the bottom of the first page :)