• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Where do all the orcs go?

Risen Malchiah

There's an odd thing that happens when you get further into the game. When negotiating, it costs orcs. Presumably, they are traded like goods. But upgrading workshops also takes orcs. I guess they die while building the workshop? At least when a building or road costs X resources, you can assume that the building is made of those resources. Are my woodelf workshops paved with dead orcs? Are they used as fertilizer for the trees?

At least when you make Orc Generals and Orc Strategists, you're training these orcs and sending them off to die in some glorious battle klingon-style. But in every other instance, the orcs are just gone, or dead.

We all know when calculators die, they go Silicon Heaven. ;) So where do all the orcs go?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
"When Emperor Qin Shi Huang SOGGYSHORTS ordered construction of the NEW WORKSHOP Great Wall around YESTERDAY 221 B.C., the labor force that built the WORKSHOP wall was made up largely of soldiers and convicts. ORCS It is said that as many as 400,000 people ORCS died during theWORKSHOP's wall's construction; many of these workers ORCS were buried within the WORKSHOPwall itself."

Risen Malchiah

Those mana-loving woodelves harbor a sinister purpose.

Warning. the following image may contain thousands of dead orcs.

800px-P_Elves_Workshop_22.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-17_23-34-58.png
    upload_2017-9-17_23-34-58.png
    182 KB · Views: 49

Pheryll

Set Designer
If you read Tolkien lore, orcs were originally elves. So the concentration camps workshops are merely a eugenics rehabilitation experiment for turning orcs back to elves through rigorous forced labor training. Unfortunately, like all eugenics rehabilitation efforts the ending result is near failure with the exception of the immediate gains of exploitation supplies being a reinforcing factor of the master race elven superiority.

DeletedUser

[humor & sarcasm]
Well, they were only being exploited by Saruman anyway, might as well put them to good use.

Seriously...I hate Orcs. With a deep, dark passion. I cringe at the thought of having to pass through a chapter dedicated to Orcs, and if I could get to Woodelves without going near Orcs, I'd do it. I'd rather have a chapter of Zombies or sparkly freakin' Vampires than Orcs. Werewolves would be even better.*

You know that feeling of loathing and disgust some people have toward cockroaches? Yeah, that's me and Orcs.

Really, we shouldn't have to go through that at all. It's inhumane. Here, I petition that we strike the Orc chapter from the Tree of Tech and replace it with a chapter dedicated to Dark Elves. Yeah, yeah...and the avatar you get after building the AW for the Dark Elves looks a lot like Malekith. This has absolutely nothing to do with the 'thing' I have for Christopher Eccleston. I would suggest a chapter dedicated to Time Lords, with an AW that changes shape every seven days, and an avatar that is totally random as well, but the BBC would have a field day with that.

Wait! Wait, wait, wait...I know...CATS! We could have a Cat chapter, and the quest would be something like this: Go out to your map and visit your neighbors. Search your neighboring cities for mice and collect them. You will need 500. When you've collected 500 mice, turn them over to the quest giver, and do not ask what's going to happen to them. The quest giver will give you in return 250 balls of yarn. With this yarn, you will have to complete one of the following: gain 250 planks and make scratching posts; or gain 250 marble and make sinks (if you have ever been owned by a cat, you should understand); or gain 250 steel and make collars with bells. Once complete, return to the quest giver. You are rewarded with a nice boost of some kind. The quest giver turns over to you 250 mousecakes and tells you to take the mousecakes and whatever you produced and offer them to the giant black cat when it appears in your city. You must log out for at least nine hours. When you return, the enormous black cat is waiting impatiently for you, and scolds you for making her wait so long. She asks you what you've brought her, and you turn over your offering. She's quite pleased. Now, she asks you for the boost the quest giver gave you. If you have not used it already, give it to her; she will activate it, and it will double the effect of whatever the boost was for a period of 18 hours. Since the boost is totally random, when your other cities (if you have any) reach this chapter, it will likely be a different boost. If you have used the boost, she will tell you to bring her fish. You must go out to the right edge of your city and wait for the fish to leap into the air. Click on the fish to catch it (or tap if using a touchscreen). You must catch three. Take them to her and turn them in, and she will in turn give you something that resembles trash. She will then disappear. What you do with the apparent trash is up to you, and determines the remainder of the quest. When you complete the quest, you will receive a seed. You must have a space that is 2x2 and not connected to any road. When you have collected nine planks, nine scrolls and nine elixir, you can plant the seed. For the following nine days, give the seed one plank, one scroll, and one elixir. (If for some reason you are unable to do this consecutively, no worries...as long as it is nine days total you're fine.) Once this is done, you will have a beautiful tree...a tree of your choice from the options available. This is your Ancient Wonder for this guest race. The tree will never need more than its original 2x2 space, and because cats are contrary and do what they wish, the benefits the tree gives are random, but are things that you need. This AW can not be leveled up in the same way the others are; KPs mean nothing to it. You must keep the tree alive with planks, scrolls and elixir; how much you give it determines how much and what it gives you. If you allow your tree to starve, it will die, and the guest race-related buildings will suffer for it. Once you leave the Cat Chapter, the tree will continue to benefit you in different ways, and its upkeep will become easier once you begin Woodelves. Yes, the avatar for this AW looks like the Egyptian cat-goddess Bast.

*Conversely, if you are not a Cat person but rather a Dog person, you have the option of the Werewolves Chapter. You must go out to your map and hover over each province you've completed. When you find the strange fellow looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's, you've found your quest giver, who will ask you to bring him a dish of Beef Chow Mein. Which means, you have to visit your neighbors until you find the little wagon with the sign that reads Lee Ho Fook's. Make certain that it says that, because if you get the Chow Mein from the wrong place, you're in trouble. So after you take the food to the quest giver, you need to pay close attention to his instructions, because...well...Werewolves, you know. Just go listen to the song, alright? Make up your own quest! Just don't make it too easy, or quick, because there's consequences. Why? Because there just are, when you're dealing with Werewolves. Don't blame me, you're the one who didn't choose Cats. Anyway, if you survive--er--when you complete the quest, you get an avatar that looks shockingly like Warren Zevon, and an AW that for Elves resembles the Inn Of The Prancing Pony, and for Humans resembles the Three Broomsticks Inn. Again, how you treat them determines how they benefit you. If your Fellowship fellows visit it, you get a nice little boost, if your neighbors visit it, you also get something nice, but not necessarily a boost. The appeal to Tolkien and HP fans is obvious, so they are more likely to keep the AW up after moving on to other chapters. You can take it down, of course, but if you do...you may just find that it was the only thing keeping the Werewolves out of your city. ;)

No, there is no actual option for a Vampire Chapter. Sparkly or otherwise. But if there were, the AW would look like what you would expect it to look like in a fantasy Human city, and maybe like...I don't know...Dol Guldur in an Elven city. The avatar would look like Lon Chaney in London After Midnight. I don't know why I'm even describing it, because I said there's no Vampire option. So...

Though, there might be a Killer Rabbit option...
[/humor&sarcasm]

I hate Orcs.

Risen Malchiah

While I may not agree with your anti-orcite tendencies, I will defend to the death your right to say it. :p

Cats & Dogs should really be combined to one chapter. I've never actually seen a dog and cat that don't get along. Tom & Jerry led me astray my whole life til we actually had a cat and dog at the same time. They slept together and the dog would chase away stray cats that came near our cat.

The TARDIS AW is a great idea though it would need to be bigger on the inside. ;)

DeletedUser

While I may not agree with your anti-orcite tendencies, I will defend to the death your right to say it. :p
I thank you for that, sir.

Cats & Dogs should really be combined to one chapter. I've never actually seen a dog and cat that don't get along. Tom & Jerry led me astray my whole life til we actually had a cat and dog at the same time. They slept together and the dog would chase away stray cats that came near our cat.
I love when they bond like that. But people need options, and I know a lot of people who hate cats. :(

The TARDIS AW is a great idea though it would need to be bigger on the inside. ;)
:D