• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Crystal Lighthouse Disapointment

DeletedUser6459

The first thing that attracted me to this game, was the caption. "Get rewarded for helping your fellow players" or something similar. I was really interested as I thought it was a great idea, different from other games where you are actually playing against people. I have loved the game, built up a great fellowship and regularly visit all in my neighborhood, most days. This move is a definite move against the original ethos and definitely doesn't encourage players to visit the players in their region. I visit well over 250 cities a day so I will lose out massively and so will many others. Having the ability to gain goods as well as help each other along the way was a great way of adding additional goods. It's my opinion that this game is no longer about helping each other, which is one of the points that made it so different. I am very disappointed in this move.

In addition to this, the increases given for each upgrade of the Crystal Lighthouse hardly warrant the additional investment of KP's, which would be better spent in other areas. I for one would never have invested so many KP's to build it to the current level for such a small return, especially when it actively discourages visits to help your neighbors.

I really hope that Elvenar will look at this in more detail and reverse this so called improvement.

DeletedUser5819

I would like to add my voice to this. I am down to about 20% of boosted goods my bell spire was formerly generating. I, too, am less inclined to visit my neighbours because of this change and feel that this is a disincentive to be neighbourly. Although I will hold onto the building for a short while in the hopes of a change, it will be deleted if no change comes about as the space could now be better used.

DeletedUser1996

i said this on another thread and I`ll say it here ... "This is just stupid and thoughtless" for us as players. Now less neighbors will be helped and myself as well. They made it better to help us and our neighbors -now they changed it -just like the OLD not so good and helpfull wholeseller and then they changed it to make it worse! So my thoughts only here - is "Thx INNO for nothing again".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7822

I am beyond disappointed in the change related to the Crystal Lighthouse/Great Bell Spire. I made a point of visiting my neighbors because of the rewards. That ridiculous amount of goods added to those stupid chests is an insult and a waste of my time. I was impressed with the AW because it did reward the players now I might as well move on to another game like so many of my neighbors. I am sure you developers think it is no big deal, but why fix something that isn't broken? Why basically tell the players you don't really care about what they want? I am not sure why you made the change but I find it hard to believe that the extra goods given were creating issues for you.

DeletedUser10158

I could be wrong, but to answer your question Guardians, in order to make up for the huge loss in goods earned by NH, you will have to build more manus, and you will have to get more pop. Both of these things will either slow down your progress or cost you money..have to get expansions to build more of the above, OR spend diamonds to expand and buy magic residences. Inno is after two things here...1) slow the game down, cus they can't keep up with the demand for new guest races. 2) Get us to buy more diamonds.

DeletedUser12166

I do visits for the coins, so the change in the Lighthouse won't affect if I visit or not. I also don't spend real money on the game. But I did come to this discussion to ask if anyone thought the Lighthouse was worth keeping? My lighthouse is at a level 2, so the treasure chests only give me 707 goods. And the mfgs I have built produce more than that in 3 hr increments. Yeah neighborly help on culture is an extra two hours, but that's not a big deal to me. I'm thinking of selling my Lighthouse to make space for other buildings. What are other player's thoughts? Is anyone else selling their Lighthouse after this change?

DeletedUser1996

I assume thats what INNO wants us to do for some stupid reason is to sell them off. Evil smile im sure. Anyway , if you dont mind losing your ranking point that you have into it and any KP`s - then sell it .

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Miss Granger22
There may be other buildings that are better for you(like mountain halls perhaps) but keep in mind if you want to replace the loss of goods with factories that the pop/culture/supplies requirements of those new factories will take up more space than the lighthouse.
Back when I had the LH I had it for the 30% boost in buff time. Since I usually received 20-30 visits a day, having the culture buffs last 30% longer was like getting 30%more visits.
I nuked it in woodelves though as my willows gave me 170% culture with zero visits.

DeletedUser12166

@Miss Granger22
There may be other buildings that are better for you(like mountain halls perhaps) but keep in mind if you want to replace the loss of goods with factories that the pop/culture/supplies requirements of those new factories will take up more space than the lighthouse.
Back when I had the LH I had it for the 30% boost in buff time. Since I usually received 20-30 visits a day, having the culture buffs last 30% longer was like getting 30%more visits.
I nuked it in woodelves though as my willows gave me 170% culture with zero visits.
Thank you!

DeletedUser7323

@Miss Granger22
well la de da. you would have been right about the requirements being higher for factories- before they did this. now its super crappy and not worth half the space. and people wont be getting the visits they got before, but i guess you dont care about that do you, with your 'willows'?

DeletedUser7323

Well, I have Mountain Halls, and will NOW work on upgrading it. What i'd like is all the KP I put in to Bell Spire back when I sell that looser:)
sold mine either way
it would be a decent gesture if they gave us back our wasted kp on it, but the kind of decency to do that would come from someone who wouldnt rape the CL in the first place

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
well la de da. you would have been right about the requirements being higher for factories- before they did this. now its super crappy and not worth half the space. and people wont be getting the visits they got before, but i guess you dont care about that do you, with your 'willows'?
What do my willows have to do with your visits?
I was simply explaining that I personally no longer had any use for the +30% buff duration that the LH gives once I built willows for mana/culture.
The nerf to the CL was bad because it will discourage visits for some players, almost no one is disputing that, and certainly not I.
As for factories vs new LH, have you done any of the math? Have you tried various examples in the www.elvenarchitect.com?
I've done a little, and from what I've tested,even the new LH still gives more goods per square in many cases depending on its level and all other variables (best pop/culture/ws available, culture bonus, relic boosts etc)