• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Getting tired of having Instants shoved down my throat

• Thread starter DeletedUser10990
  • Start date

DeletedUser10990

During the Fall Event I had been saving up Hazelnuts for the Traveling Merchant 1, I spent 840 in an attempt to get it. All I got was one 140 Hazelnut package and the rest were ALL Instants. I've spent over 1300 'nuts at this point and the trend has continued. I have won nothing other than one other 140 package and Instants.

Apart from one Legendary, the rest have been junk; 1-30 min time reductions that are worthless at Chapter 5 level+ build times. I'm not opposed to Instants, though I think the time reductions would be more useful as percentages, but I am getting tired of having them forced on me at every turn. They are taking away from more useful rewards in my opinion.

EDIT: I was wrong on the quality of Instants I was winning, they were all 33% or Legendary Time Reduction. I apologize for that discrepancy. It does lessen my complaint to a degree, but my over all disappointment is still there. 45% of the potential prizes are Instants, and they are all the highest percentage to win options. These are not what I play the Fall Event for.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I have two TM 1 's two TM 2's and one TM 3. Now if they could be used to complete the tier one quests that would be great. I use them to help my FS with trades. Dust is always in demand as is steel and scrolls....

I'd rather instants over the rune shards too since they are not stored after ten which I had right after I built prosperity towers.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'd rather instants over the rune shards too since they are not stored after ten which I had right after I built prosperity towers.
Just to clarify, the ones that go to ten and then are lost are the "broken shards." What the events gave in the past are "rune shards." You can have an infinite number of "rune shards" without losing them.

(It takes ten "Broken Shards" to make one "Rune Shard" and nine matching "Rune Shards" to make a "Rune.")

This one of the worst naming conventions I've ever seen in a game, and causes way more confusion than it needs to.

DeletedUser2870

Same here, I wanted one of the daily rewards. I spent 11x 140 nuts trying to get that prize (they say25% chance on getting it) and still didn't get it, wich with a 25% chance at random is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY.

And you know what? happened on the dutch server again. 12 tries, not the daily prize, but again 4x the damn kps I have to stuff in some wonders somewhere.
So that means that in 23 tries, it did not even once manage to score the 1 in 4 chance? Riiiiiiiight.
(Do the math on it if you like...)

Instead I get the most worthless crap there is around.
I'm sure some people would be very, very happy with 25kps, but for me, at the end of the researchtree , that's one of the least favorable rewards, and I got that 4x out of the 11.
Instead of chance, it starts looking like an active algorythm that makes sure one gets the most useless stuff around. This is getting to be extremely annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2870

Well now you can level up your Crystal Lighthouse ;)

*ROFLMA*
Yeah, that would be the bright thing to do now. But unfortunately, I decided to spread them around on a few Mazes of Dark Matter to get some runes for that one.
Though I'm sure that that also will be seen as overpowered in the near future. I mean...the manadeterioration rate reduced AND providing mana? (Even though for optimal use you have to collect it every 3 hours which I cant).

So yes, lets nerf that one too...decimating the effects to 'balance it' because the players before woodelves dont need mana, so its not fair to have players further ahead have it.

DeletedUser9601

*ROFLMA*

Though I'm sure that that also will be seen as overpowered in the near future. I mean...the manadeterioration rate reduced AND providing mana? (Even though for optimal use you have to collect it every 3 hours which I cant).
I'm not in mana chapters yet, but I feel like Dark Maze won't ever need to be nerfed. Because Inno can just make the next chapter (mermaids, or cave trolls, or crab-people, whatever) just not need mana, or need less mana. That way your wonder is very powerful for a few chapters, but then less useful.
But for your sake, fingers crossed!

Pheryll

Set Designer
The next chapter is going to have marble as the good taken over- so maybe it is Bureaucrats and Merchants with ancient Greece or Star Wars type architecture.

Risen Malchiah

@Nopen3ss You're the first person I've seen that actually wanted the Traveling Merchant. I got some in a previous event and found them sorely lacking. They are nowhere near as good as I thought they'd be (since they do not scale with your boost %). If you want to go for one, go for the Trav Merch III. It gives the same amount of goods as I & II but the goods are more valuable.

As for the instants, I could not be happier. I am now buried in 5h, 14h and 20h instants which will make some upgrades rather easy. My next few MH or barracks upgrades will be instant. And since I pump out troops 24/7, I hate taking the barracks offline for a day.

Risen Malchiah

Merc camp is more useful for elves with the blossom mage (and frog I assume) but for humans, the merc camp doesnt provide much. Training grounds for dogs and orc strategists are more useful there.

DeletedUser8187

I love the instants. You can use them on any building. All those ones we won in the beginning, 1, 3, 9 minute instants have all been used up. Depending on your upgrades you can instantly upgrade a workshop, training grounds, manufacturing with no wait times. Meaning you can start the next production run right away. How can anyone not enjoy that.

I'm saving a few of the larger ones for when I'm forced to upgrade my main hall. I'm crossing my fingers the dang thing won't take up more real estate.
Has anyone tried/know if we can use them to reduce the scouting times on the provinces?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yes you can use them to shorten scout time and tournament times. :D I like the instants, I got a few of the 20 hour ones, they are sweet!

The Unbeliever

My poor dad got RNG screwed hard going after the Squirrel Square reward...
His one city took something like 13 or 14 rolls to get just one of them. ("luckily" he got a couple 200's + 140)
On the other hand, he got 4 or 5 of the same instant in a row.

Suffice to say, he was plenty peeved, and the walls turned a mighty shade of blue!:p

DeletedUser10990

Well this produced more discussion than I expected. Educational too, thanks for the input all.

I suppose I have a little more respect for the Instants now, and I agree missing the Traveling Merchant 1 was hardly the end of the world. I still think the tables are tipped far enough in favor of winning them, that it is nearly useless to even offer a "Daily Exclusive", but I may just be jaded. I tend to be more in favor of rewards with a permenant effect, instead of one time. That said I can see a few of them coming in handy.

If we're going to invest into these however, we need one that "instantly" upgrades any special event building to your current chapter. For the investment many make to get the bigger prizes, it sours me a little to see them become obsolete.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The instants are big plus for people who use (or would like to use) diamonds, because they are one of the few things we can win that pretty much directly translate to diamonds. A 20 hour instant is equivalent to a couple of dollars of cash, depending what you use it for.