• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Getting tired of having Instants shoved down my throat

• Thread starter DeletedUser10990
  • Start date

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
My problem is that with Marble/gems as two of my boosts, there is virtually no use for the relics since I hit max. Those tourneys are now strictly for the kp.
Maybe the Enlightened Light Range will come up with a double sprouts day too?

DeletedUser8709

@Nopen3ss You're the first person I've seen that actually wanted the Traveling Merchant.
The Traveling Merchant 1 is one of the prizes I really wanted. But I don't waste nuts on the medium (90-nut) chest. The statisticians say you should click on small (50-nut) chests if you want Daily Prizes and large chests if you want to build up sprouts for Grand Prizes. Sometimes I don't win any prize except the shards, instants, KPs, relics, or more nuts. Usually, though, by the time I factor in the 50-nut and 90-nut prizes awarded, the Daily Prize shows up for a total outlay of 110-200 nuts. I sure hope saying that has not jinxed my run. At least you can look forward to the TM 1 possibly showing up again at another event.

DeletedUser12423

They really need to implement recycling for unwanted instants, etc. =)

DeletedUser3686

I feel that way about the rune shards. At least with the instants if you have to start at a level one build you can use them. You can piggyback them. Get to ten shard pieces and then the reward is completely lost.

I actually disagree that the shards are worthless. Sometimes it can be annoying to get shards for AWs that you won't unlock for a long time, but when you do it can be well worth it. I have a bunch of shards for the Maze of the Dark Matter, and it will be really nice to be able to build that shortly after unlocking it considering it lowers mana decay. I'm nowhere near finishing Wood Elves never mind the Sorcerers chapter, but having a head start is rather welcome imho.

DeletedUser10114

I actually disagree that the shards are worthless. Sometimes it can be annoying to get shards for AWs that you won't unlock for a long time, but when you do it can be well worth it. I have a bunch of shards for the Maze of the Dark Matter, and it will be really nice to be able to build that shortly after unlocking it considering it lowers mana decay. I'm nowhere near finishing Wood Elves never mind the Sorcerers chapter, but having a head start is rather welcome imho.
I assume SoulSilhouette was referring to broken shards?

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member

I meant the broken shards. The Runes, I don't mind, but those pieces, which are actually shards by definition, are useless after ten since you can't store them. English is not their first language and they should have had someone help them with their nomenclature. But I think I should be able to fuse a rune for any AW, even the unlocked ones when I get to ten. If I am fusing a rune for an 'any AW' sort of thing, let it be random. But give me a way to use them instead of giving me something worthless. If I could donate them to someone else that would be okay or if I could trade them. I just can't stand getting something I have no use for.

The other thing is, I think they should introduce a 'renovation kit' in this game to update the event buildings to your current level because they lose their luster after a few chapters and that would greatly help the newer players.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Just for the record, a RUNE in it's defined sense is what is put into the wheel. Each of those symbols is supposed to be a rune. If they were parts and pieced together to make one rune to build the AW, then it would be a rune shard. Shard is a piece. Definitions and word choice matters. Well, it matters to me, obviously not to the people who are in charge of this game.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Soggy, that would work too. I just don't think I'm unique in having the storage for this reward full. I still do the tournaments because of the rest of my fellowship. I encourage everyone to have one point because the end rewards really help the newer players. So I still push to get a bunch of points, but if it weren't for that, I doubt that I would waste the troops and resources, not to mention the time since I get very little out of it

DeletedUser12233

Especially for those further along the timereduction can be interesting.
In the halfling chapter upgrading the MH takes about 50 hours (with a motivated builder) so the 5, 10, 15 or 20 hour reductions can really put a dent in that.
I must say that the LONG timereductions are very nice, though I still have not much use for the ones giving a couple of minutes.

@Dhurrin I agree. I like the longer hour reductions. Some of the supply and gold instants are nice too. I buy KPs everyday with the gold I have left over. However, sometimes I need gold for scouting or upgrading, and the gold instants are helpful. The 1 minute and 3 minute time reductions I have not found much use for.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
The other thing is, I think they should introduce a 'renovation kit' in this game to update the event buildings to your current level because they lose their luster after a few chapters and that would greatly help the newer players.
Timon said they are going to use blue prints for this, but that it isn't coming soon.
And I agree about the broken shards, they said they were going to fix that also, so we could hold more then ten, (months ago), when they first came out. Not sure they will have either done in my life time.

DeletedUser3468

I meant the broken shards. The Runes, I don't mind, but those pieces, which are actually shards by definition, are useless after ten since you can't store them.

OK, maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean and if so, I apologize but I love the rune shards and go out of my way to get them. I just make sure that I don't let myself go over the 10 without going to an AW I need a rune for and forging a rune using the 10 shards. I just finished out the full 9 runes needed for the Mountain Halls today doing that. The only time it's a problem is if you don't have any AW's that still need whole runes. Luckily, just as I finished up the last of the Dwarf AWs, I managed to finish up the Fairy AWs research and opened 2 more wonders which I don't have any runes (or shards) for.

(Now I just need the room to actually build the AWs that I've gotten all the runes for!:p)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Timon said they are going to use blue prints for this, but that it isn't coming soon.
Did he? I thought he just said there would be an upcoming use, and the renovation kit idea is just something that we on the forums have been floating around for months. Then again it's past midnight so maybe my brain turned into a pumpkin...

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@SoggyShorts They did say that we were going to be able to store more than ten when they introduced them as a reward

@Sheianna I would use them to forge a rune if that were possible. I have built all my available AW's and am not at an upgrade point with any of them where I could fuse a rune, so they are just disappearing. So I am getting no reward at that point.

DeletedUser2870

Yes, it really is ridiculous that the shards cant be used to forge a definite fit for any AW one has unlocked, no matter what point in time. Right now the shards just sock most of the time

DeletedUser9601

Yes, it really is ridiculous that the shards cant be used to forge a definite fit for any AW one has unlocked, no matter what point in time. Right now the shards just sock most of the time
I'm coming in late, but I think they can? Unless you mean for AWs that you have built (so you don't have access to the rune wheel)?

DeletedUser2870

@Tedious Exactly. The ones I have built but aren't the point where the ring needs to be filled.
And yes, I've been constantly building the AW's I dont want, sell them off, fill the ring again to break runes to get shards. Its a ridiculous process.
If I have an AW I have built and have been upgrading and am at lvl 8, I might want to prepare for lvl 10-11 and so gather those runes. But I can't use shards for that since I can't fill that ring.

Btw, building unwanted AWs just to sell them off to fill the ring again in the hope of breaking enough runes is a very, very, very ineffective process

DeletedUser9601

Ah gotcha. Yes, it is unfortunate that there's no good way to save Broken Shards for AW runes you actually care about. I would hope Inno could come up with some sort of solution. I doubt it would ever be a 1:1 rune transfer, because I think Inno likes having some randomness associated with AW runes. And if you could just use broken shards to quickly fill out an AW, that would make it too easy. But even a 3:1 or 4:1 trade system would be cool.