• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.40

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
nope..png

Wasn't this 23? Not something I'd pay attention to, so I'm not sure.

qaccy

@SoggyShorts It's possible, but I imagine that Inno's probably planning overall city space around the currently available premium expansions, rather than the old number. By this time the amount of people who purchased all available premium expansions prior to the adjustment is probably a very small portion of players, and the majority don't have any issue with placing expansions (but rather, having enough expansions to place).

All that being said, I think there's plenty enough space to work with now as it is. Of course we always want more, but a lot of folks also have a difficult time with tearing down buildings which isn't entirely a problem for the developers to solve. That is, the solution to 'I can't fit this building in my city' isn't and shouldn't always be 'give us more expansions', at least not in my opinion. Where's the strategy in that?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
That is, the solution to 'I can't fit this building in my city' isn't and shouldn't always be 'give us more expansions', at least not in my opinion. Where's the strategy in that?
I agree. It's like I pointed out in another thread- in chapter 11 your Tier 3 buildings get a 62% boost in production. How many players take that and decide to nuke some T3 buildings?

qaccy

I agree. It's like I pointed out in another thread- in chapter 11 your Tier 3 buildings get a 62% boost in production. How many players take that and decide to nuke some T3 buildings?

For my part, I haven't often permanently torn down a building I've taken the time to upgrade fully, but I DO usually get rid of some stuff with my customary post-chapter city remodels. I'm a bit of an odd case though since I usually don't entirely fill my city, which tends to make additions/changes easier to handle in general than someone who's regularly filling every available square.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member

I did! :D I only have one tier 3 factory now in halflings, (havn't even upgraded it yet), two tier 2 factories and two tier 1 factories and still gaining goods. I fight though, so goods go further for me. I have over a million of all the goods, but am the AM of my FS and take a lot of my members trades so they don't have to wait.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

For my part, I haven't often permanently torn down a building I've taken the time to upgrade fully, but I DO usually get rid of some stuff with my customary post-chapter city remodels. I'm a bit of an odd case though since I usually don't entirely fill my city, which tends to make additions/changes easier to handle in general than someone who's regularly filling every available square.

@SoggyShorts is right, I guess most players dont. I didn't either.
Of course, the increased output is really making sure you overproduce for the needs of research and upgrades, but on the other hand the need for goods in tourneys and provinces go up as well.
I mean, I'm at a point where a single encounter sometimes costs more than 10K tier3 goods.

Also. buying KPs with goods is a serious drain, so once again, perhaps not getting rid of them wasn't a bad idea

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm under the impression that they have very few coders or that those coders aren't very great. Everything takes a long time.
As for something working and then getting broken in an update, inno has this strange way of bundling everything in an update together in such a way that rolling back just one part is somehow not possible. It has happened before where 90% of an update worked perfectly, but because 1 part was broken the entire thing had to be delayed, or it got shipped to live as is with the promise to fix it later.

I wish I knew more about programming so I could know what they are doing differently here, but I've never experienced that sort of thing in other games--other games seem to program an update as 10 tiny updates done consecutively, and not totally dependant on each other to function, so if one is going to cause a problem it can be delayed, removed, or tweaked with the rest of the update being deployed without issue.

Ummmm, I disagree about the coders. The problems that they have such as chat and other things with the graphics are just a matter of them not caring about this game. Forge of Empires has no such ongoing issues. The Guild Expeditions reset just fine and they are the equivalent of their failed Fellowship Adventures. It's a matter of them not wanting to put in the time on this game and trying to squeeze out maximum profit. If they cared, it would be fixed.

DeletedUser7874

I have spent a good deal here, no more till the chat and the other play issues are addressed. Is this the end of this game???? Perhaps.

DeletedUser6017

Our development team is aware of the intermittent chat connection issues. Unfortunately, there is no estimated time of correction at this time. I will see if we can get an update this coming week.

I have updated the thread - as some of our wonderful players have pointed out the typos. Don't blame me - I don't make them. Hehe. Jk. It should all be corrected now. Thank you!

Has there been any updates on the chat connection yet? Chat is a huge part of the gaming experience. One of the mages in my fellowship hasn't seen chat in weeks. How are they supposed to help the fellows that need it if they can't see the chat to know someone needs something?

DeletedUser7874

Is there a Moderator on this forum? If so do you have any new input on the coding issue with chat? Perhaps the stated "rumors" of the decision to fundamentally change the game as visiting is concerned? Everyone stating what we've heard but NO one from Inno has input?

DeletedUser7874

Dear Humans and Elves,

We are looking forward to hearing your feedback regarding our update to version 1.40 below.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
And we have, how about some feedback from you or Inno as to the comments made here, please. We have spent time and money here because we liked what you folks had made. Now there are changes that damage parts of the program, FOR ONLY SOME? OK, could be I suppose, I assume a fix is in the works. Just tell us something to make us feel better, that you're listening.

DeletedUser2870

@Lupus Fang
Its business as usual; They are 'looking forward to hearing our feedack'.
Also business as usual; They are completely ignoring any feedback, nor responding to it.

I've been cut out of the chat regularly the past 2 weeks. Since the last update it seems to happen even more often than before.
(Of course, feedback on other issues is being ignored as well)

@innogames ; Why in Hades name do you guys even pretend caring about players giving feedback? Its not as if anything is ever done with it, nor is it even being adressed in a normal, serious way most of the time, if ever.
In fact, with the update on the CL-change, you've even gone so far as to put out blatant lies. And not even pretending to be sorry about it.

So please stop asking for feedback untill you guys really plan on doing something with it or at the very least respond to it in a way that's not reciting by rote some utter waste (for lack of another word that will be accepted here on the forum) and just start outright telling the players what you mean: "we as Inno don't give a damn, so shut up and pull your wallets"
That also would not be appreciated, but at least its honest

DeletedUser7874

And today they are asking for more money ( with extra Hazelnuts!!!!!! ) but they are NOT apparently going to fix the BLOODY chat code!! Not a word on our concerns but time to ask give me, give me, give me! NO MONEY till you do your jobs. Are you people really that tone deaf?? Like American politics, don't listen and then blame the results on the electorate! Brilliant.

Attachments

• 2017-10-12.jpg
    2017-10-12.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 70

qaccy

@Lupus Fang It's been said that they're working on it. What more is there to say? Until such time that it's fixed, assume that it's being worked on. There's no need for them to constantly have a mod come in here to say "It's (still) being worked on" if it's the exact same message as last time.

For what it's worth, I've experienced zero chat issues during my gameplay so my anecdotal experience tells me that it's not the entire game that's affected but only a certain subset of users. Perhaps this makes it more difficult to fix?

DeletedUser2870

@qaccy
Yes, if its only a subset it is more difficult to fix in general. But its a problem that is really interfering with play for those affected and its on multiple servers and different countries.
I have no clue how they have programmed the chat part, but many parts should be done modular, in which case it really shouldn't be too hard to take the chatmodule of an older version, where it still worked, and insert it again.
Yes, that too takes time and adapting programming, but it really is not something that should take weeks.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yes, if its only a subset it is more difficult to fix in general. But its a problem that is really interfering with play for those affected and its on multiple servers and different countries.
I have no clue how they have programmed the chat part, but many parts should be done modular, in which case it really shouldn't be too hard to take the chatmodule of an older version, where it still worked, and insert it again.
The fact that it's only affecting some people and some of them some time and not other times while others it's constant, might mean that it's not something "broken" but a change in the wild environment that they have to find and build a work-around for. It could be anything from a change in a popular security package or firewall through new code in a cable modem or some piece of infrastructure at certain nodes on the internet to a blacklisting issue in a popular add-block extension on a browser.

DeletedUser

My chat went down around Labor Day. I have emailed support x2 with replies of you're sorry and you're working on it. Bologne! If you have coders who can write code for all of the other stuff you're doing in these updates then they can certainly write code for our chat within our fellowships. I DEMAND YOU FIX THIS! You expect us to pay you our hard earned cash to purchase diamonds for a program that does not have all of it's working features???? You must think we're all a bunch of idiots. FIX THIS OR GET READY FOR A BOYCOTT OR LOSS OF YOUR PAYING PLAYERS!

qaccy

@Dhurrin
Unfortunately, due to the length of time that this has been an issue, it would seem that there is no 'simple' fix to this problem. :( Whether due to complexity, lack of manpower (how big is Inno's team, exactly?), or some combination of factors, we don't really know but it's apparent that it's (EDIT: not) something easy. All we can do at this point is sit tight and wait for it to be fixed. It sucks if you're someone who actually relies on chat, but in the meantime the rest of the game still works, including mail/messages, right? (Honestly don't know, as I said this isn't an issue for me so I'm not sure if it just affects chat or extends into other parts of the game)

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

*shrugs*
Doesn't really matter. But I seriously doubt its the infrastructure or the firewall somewhere, since in that case it would be an unbelievably coincidence it started exactly with an elvenar update.
I have no idea how large the elvenar teram is, but I seriously doubt they run their 'improvements' on a testworld thoroughly enough as they are always wanting to pus stuff onto the live servers.
I've already said before I don't see beta as a real beta testworld. It certainly doesnt meet all my criteria for it. But if it is such a persistent problem it REALLY should be an idea to do some modular programming and reinsert the older version of the chat into a newer version on a testenvironment.
Chat is a pretty basic function within the game. Having problems with it is one thing, having them go on for week after week after week is quite another.
Doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence.
And yes, I know they stated somewhere its not a toppriority. No, they prioritize stuff that pisses off a lot of people. Makes one wonder who does the prioritizing there.

Risen Malchiah

• In some rare cases, players could only access one page of the traveling merchant.
What does this mean? I've always only had 1 page of the traveling merchant. Should there be a 2nd page with options longer than 9hr?