• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Three Glacier Giants feedback

Laochra

Does anyone else think that our Winter Event TaskMasters resemble a white-haired Bob Ross?
42783b_4b285fb4f55a4476964b5cd2121c9f40~mv2.png
upload_2017-12-5_20-1-40.jpeg

DeletedUser5202

The trick is to only go for prizes that will replace other buildings and save you space. If you are in the early chapters, and there is no prize that fits into this category, your best bet might be to go for the "instants", or the military buff buildings. Even though they expire after 5 days, the damage you can do in a tournament will get you loads of KP, and the best thing is that they will be just as good if you use them now or 3 chapters from now.

I have a lot of culture only buildings in my inventory and one "bowl of nuts" which gives near 700 pop for a 5x3 space. [My residence gives me 1650 for a 3x5 space]. The builds came to me when I was in Woodelves and deleting all non-mana builds, I just didn't see a purpose for them at that stage in the game.

With this new event, I'll be on the lookout for what could be useful--I want that fantastic looking Giant Hand...and am so curious about the new set buildings. We'll see how it goes.

DeletedUser13401

Since we have an official thread now here is this in case anyone missed it elsewhere. ;)
1. Gain a small amount of Coin
2. Spend 2 Knowledge Points
3. Gain a small amount of Supplies
4. Gain 3 Relics
5. Train 10 Units
6. Produce Beverages 2 times
7. Buy 1 Knowledge Point
8. Gain a small amount of Marble
9. Gain a small amount of Planks
10. Gain a small amount of Steel
11. Gain a small amount of Coins
12. Gain 3 Enchantments of your choice
13. Gain a decent amount of Supplies
14. Scout 1 Province OR Upgrade 1 Building to level 14 or higher
15. Upgrade 3 Buildings to level 4 or higher
16. Produce Advanced Tools 4 times
17. Produce Basket of Groceries 3 times
18. Produce Toolbox 2 times
19. Produce Beverages 50 times
20. Solve 8 Encounters or buy 8 Knowledge Points
21. Gain 20 Relics
22. Produce Simple Tools 25 times
23. Scout 1 Province
24. Produce ALL T1 (3hr) 1 time
25. Produce ALL T1 (9hr) 1 time
26. Spend 7 Knowledge Points
27. Buy 5 Knowledge Points
28. Produce [T1 boost 3 hrs] 5 times
29. Produce [T1 boost 9 hrs] 4 times
30. Produce [T1 boost 1 day] 3 times
31. Produce [T1 boost 2 day] 2 times
32. Produce Bread 5 Times
33. Upgrade 5 Buildings to level 3 or higher
34. Gain a decent amount of Coins
35. Gain 24 Relics
36. Gain 3 Enchantments of your choice
37. Train 100 Units
38. Gain a small amount of Crystal Gain a small amount of Scrolls Gain a small amount of Silk
39. Research 1 Technology or Upgrade 1 Building to level 20 or higher
40. Produce Bread 5 times
41. Produce Beverages 20 times
42. Solve 10 Encounters OR
Buy 10 Knowledge Points
43. Gain a small amount of Marble
Gain a small amount of Steel
Gain a small amount of Planks
44. Gain 24 Relics
45. Produce Simple Tools 35 times
46. Solve 12 Encounters OR Buy 12 Knowledge Points
47. Spend 10 Knowledge Points
48. Buy 7 Knowledge Points
49. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 3h] 7 times
50. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 9h] 5 times
51. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 1d] 4 times
52. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 2d] 3 times
53. Produce Bread 10 times
54. Gain a good amount of Coins
55. ALL T1 (3hr) 3 times
56. ALL T1 (9hr) 3 times
57. Scout 1 Province OR Upgrade 1 Building level 14 or higher
58. Gain a good amount of Supplies
59. Gain 2 Power of Provision Enchantments
60. Upgrade 4 Buildings to level 5 or higher
61. Produce Advanced Tools 8 times
62. Produce Basket of Groceries 6 times
63. Produce Toolbox 4 times
64. Produce Beverages 75 times
65. Solve 12 Encounters OR Buy 12 Knowledge Points
66. Gain a good amount of Coins
67. Recruit 300 Units
68. Gain a good amount of Supplies
69. Gain 3 Enchantments of your choice
70. Upgrade 5 Buildings to level 6 or higher
71. Produce Advanced Tools 12 times
72. Produce Basket of Groceries 10 times
73. Produce Toolbox 8 times
74. Produce Beverages 100 times
75. Solve 16 Encounters OR Buy 16 Knowledge Points
76. Gain 32 Relics
77. Produce Simple Tools 50 times
78. Research 1 Technology OR Upgrade 1 Building to Level 20 or higher
79. ALL T1 (3hr) 5 times
80. ALL T1 (9hr) 5 times
81. Spend 15 Knowledge Points
82. Buy 12 Knowledge Points
83. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 3h] 10 times
84. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 9h] 8 times
85. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 1d] 6 times
86. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 2d] 5 times
87. Produce Bread 20 times
88. Upgrade 10 Buildings to level 4 or higher
89. Gain a good amount of Coins
90. Gain 40 Relics
91. Gain 3 Power of Provision Enchantments
92. Train 300 Units
93. Gain a good amount of Crystal
Gain a good amount of Scrolls
Gain a good amount of Silk
94. Scout 1 Province
95. Produce Bread 20 times
96. Produce Beverages 80 times
97. Solve 25 Encounters OR Buy 25 Knowledge Points
98. Gain a good amount of Marble
Gain a good amount of Steel
Gain a good amount of Planks
99. Gain 50 Relics
100. Produce Simple Tools 60 times
101. Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 5 or higher
102. Spend 20 Knowledge Points
103. Buy 15 Knowledge Points
104. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 3h] 12 times
105. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 9h] 10 times
106. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 1d] 8 times
107. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 2d] 6 times
108. Produce Bread 40 times
Source: https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/winter-event-quests

First Double Crown Day on Day 8.

What is a double crown day?

DeletedUser9601

What is a double crown day?
The crowns are the means of converting keys into the grand prizes (e.g., the first grand prize requires 250 crowns). Normally, the small chest costs 50 keys and gives 5 crowns; the medium chest is 90 keys for 10 crowns; the large chest is SoS140 keys for 20 crowns.
On double crown days, you get double the number of crowns, so 50 keys = 10 crowns; 90 keys = 20 crowns; 140 keys = 40 crowns.

This is important because there is a finite number of crowns. Normally, if you do all the daily quests, all the sequential quests, and pick up keys off the ground every day, it still VERY UNLIKELY that you'll get enough crowns to unlock the third Grand Prize (the Ice Hag = the 'best' reward of the event).
HOWEVER, if you cash in most or all of your keys on double crown days, you can easily unlock the Ice Hag.
So you have to decide on a trade-off.
A. Do you want to win specific daily prizes? or
B. Do you want to only win daily prizes on "double crown days" (which likely won't be as good), or
C. Do you want to go for a mix (spend some keys on double crown days, and some on daily rewards you want), but take a risk that you don't get enough crowns for the Ice Hag?

tincture

I was pretty certain that on Beta the third daily prize was Temple of the Frozen Flame, which is a bit better than Temple of the Flame. Why the change? And is that a spoiler alert for beta players that will get another shot at that coveted Temple of the Frozen Flame?

Nectar of the Gods

@Nectar of the Gods Did you mean Sequential Quest #9: Gain a small amount of Planks? Or did you mean the 1st Daily Quest: Gain a small amount of Planks?
The user-based site:
Source: https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/winter-event-chapter-amts
does list Amounts according to Chapter, & Quest. If you are playing Chapter 2, the amount for sequential Quest #9 should be 60.
But for the first Daily Quest, Chapter 2 requires 600. (I had to come up with 4300!)
I am disinclined to think you found a typo.
I think the answer depends on which quest & your Knowledge Chapter.

I know about the user based site. That does not mean it was not an error on the part of the game designers. The users posting on Gems of Knowledge are betas reporting what they have encountered so far and helping other users know what to expect in the event. They are not the developers. (Which is not to take anything away from the Gems of Knowledge website. I am very grateful to the folks who put it together and use it often, including for this event.)

My whole point is it shouldn't matter which # or whatnot. When they say "small amount" it shouldn't be an amount that is insurmountable for the level you are on. It should not be 10x the small amount that is required later on, either. If a "small amount" on #9 is 60, then the "small amount" opening the game should also be 60, not 600.

In the early chapter I am in, the 600 planks they first asked for is still not done. I have been unable to have enough keys to try for the day one or day two prizes. Which is patently unfair to a new player. A new player can not rely on others to come up with excessive amounts of anything. They have neither the goods themselves nor the connections to trade with to make up those amounts. And when a new player joins, they are put out in no-man's land where many of the players are not actively participating. Until the game gods move them to a more reasonable area, they are stuck trying to build everything on their own.

I have over-built non-boosted goods to try to get this far in the game, because I had no choice. Every building I build, every building I upgrade, costs gold and supplies and culture and limits the way I would build my city, and delays its actual development because its not the correct buildings. Requiring 10x the amount of goods in the beginning of this event is not an issue if you are further along in the game, but for a new person it is an unfair disadvantage. Yes, I was given an offer to buy keys. No, I didn't buy keys. Why should I be forced to spend real cash in a "free" game just to participate in an event and get anywhere only because I have a new city?

I do believe it was an error on the part of the game programmers. It is a logical conclusion that it is not their intent to frustrate new players and cause them to give up on the game. Because the more new players who stay, the more chance they have to sell diamonds. I'm not so new that I am giving up on Ceravyn. My experience in 2 other worlds tells me this event is not that important in the greater scheme of things. But, I would have been hard pressed to believe this game was worth it if this had happened in my first world when I joined back in October. I probably would have just walked away.

DeletedUser2163

Dear Humans and Elves,

We would love to hear your feedback regarding our Three Glacier Giants winter event as you progress through the questline!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
You know what I would really like to see the snow on the game it would be wonderful and you can control it on your terms: I love the animation and how my village moves and looks but I would love for just once to see the snow in my village:))

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Nectar of the Gods
Have you tried here:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/fellowships-seeking-members.73/
or
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/members-seeking-fellowships.74/

There are always fellowships looking for members, even brand new players. The "gain 600 planks" quest name is misleading as you don't actually need to increase you stockpile by 600. If you trade the same 100 planks back and forth between 2 players 6 times it will satisfy the quest.

If you were on one of my worlds it would be super simple to invite you and make those trades in a couple of minutes, and I'm sure if you go to the threads I posted above you'll be able to find someone on C server to do that.

DeletedUser9601

I like it so far, the winter event seems very well balanced ^ ^
Amen. I feel like every event has a dozen players come on and complain that its hard for someone in Chapter 1 to complete the whole event. And the reality is that the event isn't built for people in Chapters 1, 2 or 3. There's some benefit (through the daily quest, or keys on the ground) to get some nice, valuable rewards. But they shouldn't expect to make it through all 100+ sequential quests.

Elenara

I am losing interest in these events. I will not be bankrupting any of my cities for this event. Each event gets harder than the previous ones yet the value of the prizes decreases, which leaves very little incentive to compete. By now we all know we're won't win the final prize without spending diamonds, while I am a big fan of spending money, I prefer to spend it on something a little more real than a fantasy game. So I'm not impressed with "Set buildings" because I will never get the set. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, just not the endless back to back events. Trading still has not recovered from the last one, all anyone wants is crystal, scrolls or elixir. Apparently most of us are boosted in planks, marble, silk, or dust.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
By now we all know we're won't win the final prize without spending diamonds, while I am a big fan of spending money
This is no longer true. There are double days where if you spend your all of your keys you are virtually guaranteed the third prize.
Also there should be no need to "bankrupt" your city for events.
Have a look at the link in my signature for tips on how you can make events much much easier for yourself.

DeletedUser12423

while I am a big fan of spending money, I prefer to spend it on something a little more real than a fantasy game.
I'm sure you're not alone, but I do want to thank the spenders that support the game for all of us. Inno has also done a really good job on this event, if you only gave it a chance and looked at the requirements and rewards a little closer, I think you will find this event a vast improvement on balance and fair play. You have to understand how difficult it is to create one event and try to please thousands. If you closely, you will notice the grand prizes are within reach of all builds, except maybe a chapter 1 or 2 city. And even then, as Sog mentioned above, it still might be possible with double crown days.

I like to rate things on the 1-10 scale, because most people are familiar with it. And while it's too early to do that for this event yet, I will say this:

Players asked for new prizes, not repeats. And Inno produced some clever new prizes for both early and late players (which deserves atleast a 7)
Players asked for more options and more balance. This event is the closest thing I've seen to perfect balance, so far (that would be a 9)
Players asked for an event they can complete without costing a bunch of diamonds. They got that and then some (again, deserving atleast a 7)
Players want events to be interesting. Okay, maybe the storyline could be a little better. I'll finesh the event for eating my shoe ^ ^

I look forward to fineshing it. And as our mentors have taught us, I plan to use the double crown days and get atleast two of the three grand prizes. I would also like to thank them, and the people that provided information and spoilers for the winter event. Your time is well invested and much appreciated, and reaches so many more people then one might think!

Of course, we could use the thumb rate system. Two thumbs up, so far, haha
-Ironman Rob