• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Three Glacier Giants feedback

DeletedUser5790

Hi,
I have a question; I love the game and the quest but I have a really hard time winning any of the daily prizes, in all the quest games I'm lucky if I get 1 in the whole game. I will get the things in the chest but not the building I'm trying to win. Is there a secret to it. The neat buildings seem to be in the daily and I get so sad when I've used all my keys as in this game to still get nothing.

DeletedUser13414

I'm a 3 week old player. Yes, a baby! I don't even know how to twerk yet! I'm running two accounts, two cities each (don't like my Nym so I was running up 2 more, but all 4 have taken on lives of their own). The two infant cities are end-Era II, the zygotes are mid-Era II. Perhaps I'm an optimist who has fallen off a building and yells on his way down, 'So far, so good." But really, so far, so good. I don't look too far ahead on the sequential quest list, but all four cities are at late-20's or early-30's on the list. The solo alt's were stuck until I realized that tourney counts for relics, so now they're solo-FS'd and moving along.

Even with this narrow a spread in game-ages, I notice that certain things are easier for the "older" cities to accomplish, but nothing has been out of reach, just a little more time-consuming, requiring different planning, or reliance on relationships established with neighbors. I fully expect that the event skews to the stronger players. In fact, the bias I brought from previous games initially caused me to want to write the event off entirely at this stage.

I'm glad that I didn't. Admittedly, I've put in a LOT of time, but again, so far so good. I do spend some (I've allocated $20 to each Era as though it were an "expansion"), but I don't feel pressure to spend in order to succeed. I feel the convenience, though. :) Especially as a way out of a long wait because I didn't backward-time something right or claimed something I shouldn't have..

I don't expect to get all the way through the event list. Nor do I expect a set (nowhere to put it anyway). However, I'm sponging what information I can get, I think, backward-time, plan ahead... and I'm fully engaged and having fun, regardless of the outcome. I'd say that if I can get to or near the 50's on the list, especially with the (effectively) solo alts, I'd call it a win for my first time out. Then, I'd file away what I learned and do better during the next one.

Really, way to go, Inno... and all the older players whose feedback has resulted in an event that is challenging and engaging without forcing anyone to throw down scads of cash. Yes, Christmas events are a big part of any game company's revenue model, but that pressure doesn't bear down much on the scrub with a few bucks to spend. We'll talk again, Inno. In a couple of years. I'll sell plasma, but NO organs (at least, not my own)! Not again!

Cheers, all, and happy building.

Nectar of the Gods

I don't expect to get all the way through the event list. Nor do I expect a set (nowhere to put it anyway). However, I'm sponging what information I can get, I think, backward-time, plan ahead... and I'm fully engaged and having fun, regardless of the outcome. I'd say that if I can get to or near the 50's on the list, especially with the (effectively) solo alts, I'd call it a win for my first time out. Then, I'd file away what I learned and do better during the next one.

You have a great attitude. It's pretty much the attitude I had on my first event, which I came into when it was already in progress. :) I learned a lot during that event, including prepare ahead. It saves you time if you build some goods buildings just for creating the things that take a day or two build. If you have the room. Right now I'm having space issues in the worlds I'm playing in.

All in all, I love the events. I love the daily buildings and that I can choose if I try for one or not. I didn't win all three of the grand prizes in the last one, but I was very happy with what I did win. Likewise, I don't expect to win all three of the buildings offered this time, but will be happy with what I have.

I have bought my share of diamonds. It is insidious, though. Because once you convert money to diamonds it no longer seems like money you've just spent, just part of the game resources. I live on a fixed income and have to be very careful how much I spend. I'm surprised how often I want a few diamonds for this and a few diamonds to get over that bump. It would be very easy to overspend. I wouldn't pay as much money as I have so far at a store to buy a stand alone game. Which tells me the psychology here is strong toward making people pony up cash. So do be careful.

That said, the fine developers of this game do have to eat. The art work is superb. And they put a lot of effort and money into keeping the servers and game going. They are doing a very good job, imo. And people buying diamonds contributes to the continuation of the game. So it's all good.

I found last time that the events help me build resources. Because most of the things that are asked for require me to gain something. And those that require me to spend something, like kp, are needed to advance anyway. So it is a win, imo. I look forward to more events. Events are entertaining. I hope the game gods keep them coming. :)

DeletedUser

And the reality is that the event isn't built for people in Chapters 1, 2 or 3.

I disagree. The event is built for everyone; I have cities in various forms from Chapter 1 to Chapter 4 and every city I'm taking through this event is progressing. I'm a Realist and I know that none of them are going to make it to the end of the sequential quests, and I don't care. I know that at least three of my Chapter 4 cities have a very good chance of reaching the second Grand Prize, and that's great. I think it's all in what your goal is. If you have unrealistic goals, you're going to be disappointed. The one Grand Prize I really want is the third one. Will I get it? Not a chance. But I don't let that discourage me, because I play to have fun. That way, anything I get is a 'win'. ;):p

DeletedUser12426

Here's some tips to help you get ready for the event (and any event in the future)
Keep some provinces open. If clearing a province won't get you an expansion, and won't increase your boost, just wait. The only thing you'll be missing out on is 8 KP, which you will get eventually. 3 open provinces plus the tournament should be able to satisfy any event requirements (and it's only a delay of 1 days KP)
With the new scouting system you can see exactly how long your scouts will take, so if you get the quest list from the Beta players you should be able to time this effectively
For mid-chapter players your residences will probably be easiest. They're pretty fast at around 4h, and you should have lots of them. Just like with provinces, unless you need what they give you right now, there's no reason to max out every single one as fast as possible.
For higher chapter players:
Armories. For higher level buildings these are the fastest to level up, staying under 7 hours even at level 20+.
The thing with armories is that they give a huge jump when they change size, and then just a small amount the next few levels, so maxing them right away shouldn't be a priority. For example they go from 80 to 130 at level 20, but after that it's just 10 more per level, and won't have a big impact on your training capacity.
Bonus Tip: you can start an upgrade, and then just before it finishes disconnect the building from the road, and it will "pause" the upgrade. This does tie up a builder though.
This one is lame, and there's really not much you can do that is better than making 4 level 3 marble factories to prep for it.
If you are making extra low level workshops to help with other quests, you can upgrade 4 of those before the event to prepare, but they are bigger, and take longer.
Usually we are only asked for 2 and can prepare them in advance, but there's a trick that lets you prep 3 even with a level 2 MA:
  1. First you start a single PoP spell
  2. Then before it finishes, open the MA interface and watch the last few seconds count down.
  3. The spell will finish, and both slots will be open in the queue for you to add 2 more spells.
  4. Close the window and you will see that there is one ready to be collected, and 2 will be cooking.
You cantry this out with your barracks, the exact same idea works there too.
Bonus Tip: Once all 3 are finished cooking, remove the road from your MA so that you don't accidentally collect those spells before you want to.
With the masquerade PT2 event it seems like the developers have eased up on this, and with a decent culture bonus and some PoP spells you should have no problem completing this with half the number of max factories and some level 1 workshops to fill in the rest.
For example "16 advanced tools + supplies" was easily done with
7 workshops that were 2 levels under max
7 PoP spells
9 level 1 workshops.
150% culture
If your culture is lower than 125% you might need to ask your FS for culture buffs to get you to 125, and use Ensorcelled Endowments on those buildings to push it further. Note that EE spells won't do anything unless you get to 125% first and those buildings are visited.
First off, the spell Inspiring Meditation will extend your KP bar to 20 which should help.
Next, there are 4 ways to buy KP aside from diamonds: Coins, Tier 1,2, and 3. My suggestion is to never normally buy KP with one of your boosted tiers except for events. This way you will always have an easy and cheap way to buy a couple dozen when needed. This can also help if you are short on KP for unlocking the next advanced scouts tech for better rewards.

Hope this helps:)

I have my residents all upgraded to level 9 or higher, but I got a quest to "upgrade 3 buildings to level 4 or higher" I though my buildings would already qualify and i could go on to next quest. But It seems I have to upgrade three of them to get credit

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Even with this narrow a spread in game-ages, I notice that certain things are easier for the "older" cities to accomplish, but nothing has been out of reach, just a little more time-consuming, requiring different planning, or reliance on relationships established with neighbors. I fully expect that the event skews to the stronger players.
Some quests like "gain xxxxx steel" are indeed very easy for strong players, but others like "scout a province" can take 50+ hours for those players, and just minutes for a newer player. That's the balance.
I have my residents all upgraded to level 9 or higher, but I got a quest to "upgrade 3 buildings to level 4 or higher" I though my buildings would already qualify and i could go on to next quest. But It seems I have to upgrade three of them to get credit
Indeed. There are some quests in the game that ask you to "Have xx buildings at level yy" but this is not one of them.
The fastest way to do the "upgrade xx buildings to yy" is using new marble makers for human, and planks or marble for elves as they are the smallest buildings with the shortest upgrade times.

kctanzen

It is probably just the statistical randomizer doing what it does .. but I have almost gotten the first event prize and have yet to win a daily exclusive from chests - and I save keys until I can open the 140 key whopper, too.

Other events I have done, I was pretty consistently getting a daily prize when it was something I aimed for my collection.

DeletedUser12423

I know that at least three of my Chapter 4 cities have a very good chance of reaching the second Grand Prize
That's my goal, too. This is important. The "Set buildings" that go with it are certain daily prizes, so you will have to keep an eye out and balance those days with the double crown days. I'm doing exactly that. I may not get the third grand prize, but I will be happy with the set buildings! Goodluck my friend! We have one of the set buildings coming up soon, too, I think. The one with the hand? *looks unsure*

DeletedUser4865

My whole point is ... When they say "small amount" it shouldn't be an amount that is insurmountable for the level you are on. It should not be 10x the small amount that is required later on, either. If a "small amount" on #9 is 60, then the "small amount" opening the game should also be 60, not 600.
@Nectar of the Gods You raise a good point and post it well. Perhaps you should write to Support.

DeletedUser12423

Other events I have done, I was pretty consistently getting a daily prize when it was something I aimed for my collection.
RNG -It's totally random. And the chance resets each time, it doesn't stack. For example, say at 140 keys you get a 25% for the daily building. That means you have a 1 in 4 chance of winning it. If you do this four times, it does not turn into a 100% to get it. But rather, a 1 in 4 chance, four times. I hope that makes sense.

YellowWeed

I have hit a problem with the Winter event. I am on number #39. It is asking me to either upgrade a building to level 20 or to research a technology in the tree. I cannot even upgrade a building to that level yet. So why would it ask me to do that?
Level 20??? Seriously? Early in the Event on only #39..gosh.
So I have to do the research in the tree. Well that is going to take a Long time-as I have to make stuff to go into finishing it. And it is a large number of stuff, plus coming up with the KPs. So I will work on that-but by the time I finish it-I will be soooo far behind, and right now-I have not even gotten enough to get the 1st grand prize building. so the excitement of doing this event has just wore off with a HUGE disappointing defeatedness.
Oh ps...after this..upgrading building later in the event, jumps way down to upgrades of level 5.
Did you guys screw up????

DeletedUser9601

Oh ps...after this..upgrading building later in the event, jumps way down to upgrades of level 5.
Did you guys screw up????
Its a pretty common quest type/structure. Upgrade one advanced building, and upgrade lots of smaller buildings. What chapter are you in, because this quest shows up again a second time?
Also, even if you don't get far in the main quest line, if you cash in your tokens from daily quests and on the ground during the "double token" day, you'll easily get the first grand prize. Don't be discouraged.

YellowWeed

I am in fairies chapter 7, on the last one before opening the chest. I have to make ambrosia & essence (which I have to make fireflies, cocoons & dream sheep to make those) the KP's I can get. But estimation time is a rough guess of 5-6 days. All my buildings can only be upgraded to level 19. I have to wait to be in Orcs to go to level 20.
WHY is what I wonder, why would they put a Level 20 building upgrade in this event?
Alot of players are not even at this level of play, like...me.

Nectar of the Gods

I am in fairies chapter 7, on the last one before opening the chest. I have to make ambrosia & essence (which I have to make fireflies, cocoons & dream sheep to make those) the KP's I can get. But estimation time is a rough guess of 5-6 days. All my buildings can only be upgraded to level 19. I have to wait to be in Orcs to go to level 20.
WHY is what I wonder, why would they put a Level 20 building upgrade in this event?
Alot of players are not even at this level of play, like...me.

They do give the option of upgrading a building to level 20 or researching a technology in the tree. I would say anyone at any level could research a technology in the tree. That's what I'm counting on, at least.

For those who are more advanced, the upgrading to level 20 makes sense. I'm just glad they have a way for me to complete the quest without upgrading that high. :)

For those who have followed my complaint about "small amount", I have finished the 600 (marble? planks? Now I can't remember) and the next one, 600 steel, once I got the person established in my fellowship and he got a trader. I'm stuck on the 20 relics, however. I have 9. I can't go forward because I am out of resources and need to build back up and my army isn't strong enough to win in the provinces. Luckily the event lasts until the 31st. It will be interesting to find out how far I can get with what I have and what I can build with this lack of neighborly support. :D

kctanzen

RNG -It's totally random. And the chance resets each time, it doesn't stack. For example, say at 140 keys you get a 25% for the daily building. That means you have a 1 in 4 chance of winning it. If you do this four times, it does not turn into a 100% to get it. But rather, a 1 in 4 chance, four times. I hope that makes sense.

Yeah -- makes sense and finally clicked into my head about independent results (stats class was a *looong* time ago).
So, I did win 200 keys with my first attempt at the Giant's Hand -- with 4 total attempts .. no set building yet today.
I'm on quest #44 and waiting for my tournament maps to reset to clear off for some more relics.
I am pretty sure I can get through step 49 and then it is a matter of dumb luck again.

Starting to re-think my strategy and wonder if using the middle chest (possibly more attempts) is a better angle.

Thanks for listening to my whinging :)

DeletedUser12423

I've been getting most of my relics from the tournament. Squad sizes are smaller and catering costs are lower there than on the world map provinces. You don't get a relic for every encounter there, but get relic(s) for completing a round of a province.
I get relics from helping, too. That neighborly helps doesn't always give, though. Tournaments, for sure. And top it off with provinces <3

YellowWeed

(Nectar of the Gods......" They do give the option of upgrading a building to level 20 or researching a technology in the tree. I would say anyone at any level could research a technology in the tree. That's what I'm counting on, at least."
For those who are more advanced, the upgrading to level 20 makes sense. I'm just glad they have a way for me to complete the quest without upgrading that high. :)" )

I wish you had really paid attention and read what I wrote, before responding..then you would have answered a bit different. As you answer does not offer but the complaint I am making on this. :(

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@YellowWeed I don't think anyone is disputing that this is an event quest that can frustrate players at certain stages of the game. I remember it first raising its ugly head during the summer event March of the Herds (may have been earlier, I just remember it from then). It was spotted in beta, but seems to be a game design, not unintentional. The players that are in dwarves & fairies can find this quest a hard stop if they've not taken advantage of event spoilers (or on beta servers). I believe this quest came up so late in the Herds event that many players were unable to make the guest race goods in the time left to even be able to activate a technology. Since no building upgrade technology for level 20 is available before Orcs, they were done. It appears the quest no longer comes that late in an event, but no other substantial changes were made. I go straight for the guest race buildings anyway and, since learning this, I try to save one of the early techs that don't require guest race goods and could be used to fulfill a quest like this one until I absolutely need it. It's not a perfect fix, but it helps. Good luck with producing enough guest race goods to unlock a tech & having time to do the rest of the quests. I really do understand your frustration. I just don't think it's likely there will be any meaningful changes to this one. Like it or not, we seem to be stuck with it.