• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Increasing Guild Members from 25 to 50

Should Guild Membership be increased to 50 or some other amount ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser14147

Should Guild Membership be increased to 50 or some other amount ? Most of the other games developed by InnoGames is much higher. I look for feedback from the Elvenar family to help InnoGames hear our opinions.

HJK84

Vote: No

I've been in other games/forum where you can have many people in 1 group.
Personally, I'm not into being quite competitive anymore.
Imo. for this lovely game, it wouldn't be wise.

Happy Holidays! :)

DeletedUser5800

The last game I played this enthusiastically had guilds of 100 and it was a scheduling nightmare, granted there were people from all over the world whereas this is better split on various servers and there were more guild intensive time things (battles), but having no idea what nonsense they will add down the road I would stick with smaller just for the potential for later chaos being multiplied.

Additionally it's hard enough for many FS to keep 25, this game just does not have the solid player base to support giant FS other than what would become the top 10 merging into the top 5 and it being an even heavier recruiting lift for everyone else. Hovering between 12th and 15th we stay at 24 or 23 all the time. The turnover rate is just to freaking high and the vast wasteland of dead cities as depressing as ever. I'm fairly certain that's why they got lax on alts, because half of the players have them just to fill FS spots. So upping the max would just up the alts.

Also it is still possible now to play solo and do FS centric things if you are big enough or spend a little but if the max goes up I assume the tasks become harder and solo is over forever which I'm willing to bet would knock some solo spenders out of the game.

Then there is the more visits, not so bad on the app. but until they bring that system over it would be nightmare for PC.

Benefits: Aside from filling out that half a page (I do support that OCD)... none.

DeletedUser5521

I voted no for mainly the reasons @Laochra and @MirandaZink posted. AM in 3 Worlds, Mage in another...ugh. Brain fry :oops::confused:
Po4pU6

DeletedUser12423

I voted no as I can also think of lots of downsides and basically no upsides.
Agreed. It would make the top ten guilds even more powerful and destroy the 15-35 guilds. Bad idea.

DeletedUser9469

I personally think that an increase in FS size (maybe not 50 but something) would be good. I know of several people that say "Hey this fellowship looks like it would be fun to be in" only to be told that it is FULL... It makes it suck for people who personally know someone in the fellowship (whether RL or from another game) to not be able to join their friends. It also results in the abundant creation of tiny fellowships that clutter up things. I also agree that a very small increase would allow 3 full pages. Perhaps this could be something that could be turned into a "pay to increase"... For instance, to go from 25 to 30 members costs a certain amount of goods, supplies, and coin... With each upgrade of 5 members, the costs could go up or shift to some other requirement. The current FS members could DECIDE if increasing would be worth the cost and could donate to the FS for the upgrade. For those who don't see any benefit from adding more slots to their FS, they could easily pass. This could also open up the gates for Fellowship wars- a very fun PVP concept that would be the topic of another discussion entirely.

DeletedUser8946

It also results in the abundant creation of tiny fellowships that clutter up things.

Increasing it to 50 wouldn't change things much. Guys that aren't too serious about Elvenar and aren't looking for Fellowships often make their own. Sometimes people join because they don't WANT to create their own.

For instance, to go from 25 to 30 members costs a certain amount of goods, supplies, and coin... With each upgrade of 5 members, the costs could go up or shift to some other requirement.

MAYBE... but obviously there'd have to be a cap of 50 or preferably less. And knowing Inno, if they did it at all, it'd be diamonds.

DeletedUser2824

As mentioned by several others, trying to keep track of that many people all in one place would be a nightmare, especially if you are Archmage in more that one world. And yes, for certain events it would put smaller and more casual players at a a huge disadvantage permanently.

I'm more interested in the idea of fellowship alliances, although even that would take a lot of thought to make sure it didn't hand too much power to certain places either. But I'd really like to have some better tools for communicating with other fellowships. There are a lot of players whom I enjoy talking to, but as we often have different playstyles and needs in a fellowship, we rarely are in the same fellowship. It'd be nice to have some kind of alliance chat, where players from several different fellowships could talk to each other. Buuuuut that would require an update on this game's outdated message and communication system anyway, and at this point I've lost hope that INNO will ever address that. -_-

DeletedUser12423

only to be told that it is FULL
Why would it matter, if it were full at 25 or 30 members, it's still full?
Increasing it to 50 wouldn't change things much
Quite the opposite. The top ten guilds would grow that much stronger. rank 11-30 guilds would be badly damaged by people leaving for the top ten. And Hundreds of smaller fellowships would simply be destroyed.
Increasing the FS cap to 50 could actually ruin the game for all servers. Not the mention the fact that we don't have enough of a playerbase to make that a good move. It would hurt, not help, I think. And not just hurt a little, do permanent damage to the point many might actually stop playing all together?
I'm more interested in the idea of fellowship alliances
Now this, is a good idea, I think.

I don't see how increasing FS size can help Elvernar in general, I'm sorry. I'm against it 100%. Right now, the top ten guilds have a waiting list of people wanting to join them. The only thing keeping game balance is that member cap. Remove or increasing that cap would be the death of too many guilds. Finally, on the other end of things, it would increase the number of half-empty fellowships that have never or never will have maximum amount of members.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9469

I'm more interested in the idea of fellowship alliances, although even that would take a lot of thought to make sure it didn't hand too much power to certain places either. But I'd really like to have some better tools for communicating with other fellowships. There are a lot of players whom I enjoy talking to, but as we often have different playstyles and needs in a fellowship, we rarely are in the same fellowship. It'd be nice to have some kind of alliance chat, where players from several different fellowships could talk to each other. Buuuuut that would require an update on this game's outdated message and communication system anyway, and at this point I've lost hope that INNO will ever address that. -_-

That could be easily addressed with the inclusion of a world chat.

DeletedUser

This could also open up the gates for Fellowship wars- a very fun PVP concept that would be the topic of another discussion entirely.

Elvenar is a city building game, not a battle-based game. Inno has a variety of games for people who like that sort of thing. Many of us came here from those types of games because we wanted to get away from that.

That could be easily addressed with the inclusion of a world chat.

Inno has a hard enough time as it is keeping the Fellowship chat up and running consistently. And as taggathias stated, without that update global chat would be a nightmare.

Last edited by a moderator: