• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Increasing Guild Members from 25 to 50

Should Guild Membership be increased to 50 or some other amount ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That could be easily addressed with the inclusion of a world chat.
Addressed, yes, easily, I doubt it. It's already indicated that they aren't using their own chat code, which means they'd have to either program something new, or extend what they are using. And a world chat (even if you actually mean global chat, across all 30-or-so servers in multiple countries) means that someone has to monitor it for abuse or risk it descending in to the cesspool of typical open-chats with the attendant complaints by people who don't like being forced to be in the cesspool.

If you really mean world chat, which would be more useful, then they have to have at about 30 different monitors working 24 hours a day to monitor all of the available worlds, which is around a 100 extra employees or volunteers, (minimum) who all have to be on the ball enough to prevent people getting bullied or harassed.

DeletedUser12423

Inno has a hard enough time as it is keeping the Fellowship chat up and running consistently. And as taggathias stated, without that update global chat would be a nightmare.
then they have to have at about 30 different monitors working 24 hours a day to monitor all of the available worlds
The issue with the current FS chat failing is real and takes priority. Before we even consider other chats, this basic chat must be worked out or expanded, first. Not that it matters, but it wouldn't take that many moderators if they improved the report system, or added a better chat filter. 30 monitors? lol. Naa, I think 30 is a bit of an over-estimate =D (two or three that answered reports and a chat filter would cover all that, not thirty, as proven in ten of thousands of other games)

There are many things that are good in Elvenar. There are also, many things which could be improved in Elvenar. But above all, bugs in the existing game must be handled first. They still haven't fixed the entire FS chat for some people, which is probably a windows incompatibility issue.

When it comes down to it, we do not need to increase the amount of members allowed in a Fellowship, nor do we need a world chat. What we need, are simply more players filling in existing medium fellowships, and medium fellowships allowing more new players into their fellowships. The real problems are with new players not being able to find a good guild, because good guilds most often have very high requirements. Chat not working right. And people not having anywhere to turn, who end up quitting the game. So here's my vote:

Do we need to increase the power of the top ten fellowships by increasing their members allowed? - No -
Do we need world or global chat, when fellowship chat is still broken for some players? - Of course not -
Does mobile need to get the browser events As Soon As Possible? - Yes, before we lose the new players -
Do we need more active players in the new-to-medium range? - Absolutely, all games do -

Thanks, and good luck with your thread, your friend,
-Ironman Rob

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
it wouldn't take that many moderators if they improved the report system, or added a better chat filter. 30 monitors? lol. Naa, I think 30 is a bit of an over-estimate =D (two or three that answered reports and a chat filter would cover all that, not thirty, as proven in ten of thousands of other games)
The game is played in 21 regions with 20 different languages. "2 or 3" times 20 is 40-60 additional staff.
I'd say 30 is a conservative estimate.
Please provide a link to information on tens of thousands of games that have a global chat where 2 or 3 people monitor 1 million players.

DeletedUser2824

I am less interested in a big open world chat than I am in a way to be able to add selective other fellowships into an alliance chat. In-game, I want to be surrounded by those I know I want to talk to. When I want to bump into a wider range of people, I'll come to the forum.

We do need some kind of in-game system that will make it easier to recruit and find fellowships though. Maybe some kind of dumbed down mini form or something. I think something like that would be a little more controlled and easier to manage than a big open world chat. Most people don't like going off site of their game for things, and we badly need in-game tools to help players and fellowships find each other better, and it would be nice to find more info about the game basis in the game. How many loners know that all they need to do to get access to the tournaments, especially the relics for events, is to open a fellowship of one? It would be nice to be able to share those kinds of tips to those who don't want to go off site to this forum.

Of course, this is all a moot point until the current chat and messaging system get a much needed overhaul first.

DeletedUser5800

There is an easy fix for this also, just open another FS. We at HellHounds currently have 2 in Elcy, the main one and the training one. If it were made 50 honestly we could just merge them and be at 49 members the next day but I still say it would be horrible for the balance of the game, at least for a while... and just too many people all bouncing around in one room if you will.

After thinking about it more I can say it would have the possibility of helping the little members as if it were 50 we might lower the bar and they would have a superior trade market... but I don't really think that's how it would go. More likely we would look to merge with another 100K+ average and end up with 50 little ones in the other and just have 100 to keep up with. LOL

DeletedUser4306

I am less interested in a big open world chat than I am in a way to be able to add selective other fellowships into an alliance chat. In-game, I want to be surrounded by those I know I want to talk to. When I want to bump into a wider range of people, I'll come to the forum.

We do need some kind of in-game system that will make it easier to recruit and find fellowships though. Maybe some kind of dumbed down mini form or something. I think something like that would be a little more controlled and easier to manage than a big open world chat. Most people don't like going off site of their game for things, and we badly need in-game tools to help players and fellowships find each other better, and it would be nice to find more info about the game basis in the game. How many loners know that all they need to do to get access to the tournaments, especially the relics for events, is to open a fellowship of one? It would be nice to be able to share those kinds of tips to those who don't want to go off site to this forum.

Of course, this is all a moot point until the current chat and messaging system get a much needed overhaul first.
You can send a Private Message to any member including your World Neighbors. Just click on their name and visit, invite or message them whatever you have to say.

Rocce Sqirl

It's just a quirk for me, but I'd like to see the amount increased to 30, just so we have three full pages. That half-page at the end bothers me...
I voted "no" for 50, but 30 I like -- three full pages, actually it would be 27 (or resize the list to fit 10 on a page for 30): Yes. I voted "no" on 50 because the list of 25 (or 27, or 30) is quite enough of a "tour" to go around doing helps.