• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures

Will you be participating in the March 2018 Fellowship Adventure?

• Yay, can't wait!

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Meh, if I have too.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • HAHAHA, No.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I stand by my post. I understand that dominant fellowships (like yours) do not want to give up any of that dominance, for any reason. Why exactly are there scores of dead cities? New players give up, they cannot get a fair shake in this game, but that doesn't matter to big fellowships like yours.

The FA is SUPPOSED to be about fellowship cooperation toward a common goal, not having the huge fellowships squash the little fellowship bugs, just to feel superior. If the little fellowship works (on an even play-field) together better than the large one, they should win!

You could use another metric to level it out, but I still see a disadvantage to newer players - no space (for one). I'm just presenting an idea, I believe it has merit.
What rank of FS do you consider 'dominant'? Ours is not a large FS, most advanced city is in Woodelves. We couldn't finish more than the first path on the last one. We're doing this one and are optimistic we'll finish one path on all 3 stages, just like the first 2. We have 24 members, but only 12 of us are doing the FA. There may be a few stragglers come in later, but for now, we're going with what we've got.

CanDaMan

What rank of FS do you consider 'dominant'? Ours is not a large FS, most advanced city is in Woodelves. We couldn't finish more than the first path on the last one. We're doing this one and are optimistic we'll finish one path on all 3 stages, just like the first 2. We have 24 members, but only 12 of us are doing the FA. There may be a few stragglers come in later, but for now, we're going with what we've got.

Well, good luck to you, I'm out.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Oh, you only improve your fellowship because of the FA? C'mon Soggy, I expected more of you!
Well what is a FS for?
  • FA&Tournament- having a full active FS helps, as does having each city become more advanced
  • Chat- small cities can chat just as well as big ones, so that's not a reason to improve.
  • Trades- a very minor consideration if you have a decent stockpile and a couple of decent neighbors, you never really have to think about them.
  • Learning and advice- not really a reason to improve your FS either, but rather how you improve.
Out of all of those, the only ones that are improved by advancing your FS are the FA and Tournament.

So please correct me, what other reasons are there for improving/advancing your FS? Certainly not ranking when it's P2W.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

Why exactly are there scores of dead cities? New players give up, they cannot get a fair shake in this game, but that doesn't matter to big fellowships like yours.
There's absolutely no basis for blaming the difficulty of winning the top 3 prizes in FAs for the scores of dead cities. I've been surrounded by dead cities my whole time in Elvenar (1+year), and most of those were dead long before FAs were instituted.

And complaining that people don't get a "fair shake" isn't right either. Right now on Arendyll, the second place FS has 8 members and is ranked 334 overall. The third place FS has 25 members and is ranked 104 overall.

And dead cities do matter to me. I daily visit every single possible city. And I get maybe 5 non-FS visits in return. If I wasn't surrounded by dead cities, I'd be swimming in supplies. I wouldn't need a single workshop.

If you want to come up with some sort of metric that isn't a convoluted and hidden algorithm that awards extra points based on your lack of progress, be my guest. But if the FA becomes "earn some badges, have those badges multiplied by some factor that Inno comes up with behind a shroud," I think you're going to have way more people be upset and quit.

DeletedUser6625

Our Fellowship is having a discussion about the Badges earned in the Adventures. Have some members that think that the Badges earned are wiped out at the end of each leg if the prize is collected.I think the badges are available until the Adventure is over. Can someone settle / clarify this? this?

NightshadeCS

Our Fellowship is having a discussion about the Badges earned in the Adventures. Have some members that think that the Badges earned are wiped out at the end of each leg if the prize is collected.I think the badges are available until the Adventure is over. Can someone settle / clarify this? this?
Yes, all of your badges will remain until the countdown clock has run out on this Fellowship Adventure, regardless of completions. At the end of this adventure, they will all melt away into the ether and everyone has to start from scratch next time. ;)

DeletedUser13102

I feel that the new way points based upon giving up city resources are counter productive to building your city. Why are these new way points not based upon badges similar to the normal quest? The manufacturing way points could be modified to manufacture "X" number level "Y" goods and the relic way points could be modified to gain "X" number of type "Z" relics. The quantities, "X", could also be based upon the size or chapter of the city. This would be similar to the normal quest.

These new way points favor what a fellowship has gained prior to the start the FA and not depend on what is accomplished during the FA.

The draw back is that it would add many more badges and extend the number of times one would have to decline a reoccurring offers to cycle back to offer just completed and make a bad situation worst.

May be the goal of the new way points was to remove resources from the cities and require people to buy diamonds to make up the difference or play the game longer just to recover from the FA.

I have enjoyed this game and plan to continue playing. I understand that if you pay money you can advance quicker and make the game easier, but, I consider that counter productive to the challenges that exist in the game.

After this FA my resources were much lower than the previous FA and I noticed that for the first time I started to loose interest in the game. Look forward to future chapters, good luck players.

DeletedUser9601

I feel that the new way points based upon giving up city resources are counter productive to building your city.
I disagree. I think it should be thought of the same as any other building. You are spending X to receive Y.

Right now, if you want to upgrade your residence, it costs you some amount of gold, supplies, culture, and goods (depending on your level). You are spending city resources to advance your city.
In the FA, it is the same. You spend resources (goods, relics) and energy (collecting badges) to get nice rewards that advance your city.

The real question is "are the rewards worth what is asked of you"? In the first case, probably yes. You always need population at some point to advance. In the FA, maybe the Path 3 prize isn't worth it for a smaller fellowship, or a fellowship of folks in chapters 4 and 5. Doesn't mean its counter-productive. Just not well-balanced for one fellowship's particular situation.

Beibhinnsiofra

Inno, could you please stop sucking the fun out of Elvenar? Fellowship Adventures should be fun, challenging, team building exercises with incentivizing prizes that encourage people to work together to reach them. Instead FA's have become ridiculously complicated and expensive, and the prizes are not worth the effort.

I'd love to see a a system where individually earned badges AND group effort advance the Fellowship towards the goal. Example: when Goods (and now Relics) must be delivered to a flag/weighpoint, those items could be delivered incrementally by multiple players until the full amount is reached. Similarly, individually earned badges could be delivered to a Fellowship Storage Vault, so that badges could be delivered as needed, by any member, instead of by the player that earned them. This would alleviate a few flaws. Lastly, I'd rather deliver Enchantments instead of Relics, in whatever way that balances out. And be able to use existing Enchantments towards Wand/Potion/Hat...I have a ridiculous number of enchantments that I'll never use. Or maybe a way to sell enchantments and get relics back?

Also, an idea suggested many many times in the forums, break the FA into brackets/divisions/tiers...based on fellowship ranking. Top prizes shouldn't be reserved for only the top 3 fellowships (who have Millions more points, experience, and $$$ spent than newer fellowships).
I stand by my post. I understand that dominant fellowships (like yours) do not want to give up any of that dominance, for any reason. Why exactly are there scores of dead cities? New players give up, they cannot get a fair shake in this game, but that doesn't matter to big fellowships like yours.

The FA is SUPPOSED to be about fellowship cooperation toward a common goal, not having the huge fellowships squash the little fellowship bugs, just to feel superior. If the little fellowship works (on an even play-field) together better than the large one, they should win!

You could use another metric to level it out, but I still see a disadvantage to newer players - no space (for one). I'm just presenting an idea, I believe it has merit.
To be fair:

We complained about making too many short badges (treant/brew)
-They reduced those, and added spell badges, and more long badges
We complained about too many long badges (Blacksmith/necklace/statue)
-They reduced those and added "Gain troops", "Gain coins", "Spend KP on wonders"
We complained about having too many badges
-They reduced the amount by 40%, but added in some "Pay" quests
We complained about the TM being a poor prize and asked for a good culture&pop prize
-They gave us a good culture&pop prize
We complained about fellowships cheating by swapping in alt accounts
-they made it so you can't do that

The developers seem to have an idea about how hard the FA should be, and I don't think they will budge from that. They will give us different challenges, but not make it easier.

There are some players complaining about how difficult the goods and relics "pay" quests are for small fellowships, or fellowships with fewer members. I think the question we need to ask is "Should those fellowships be able to get the top(non-rank) prize easily?"
The other Fellowship based part of the game is tournaments, and to get the top prize there(non-rank) requires a lot of effort, and is also not attainable for small fellowships with fewer players.

It seems to me that Fellowship Adventures and Fellowship Tournaments both give incentive for building a full, powerful fellowship.

As an example my Winyandor FS that has members with scores between 23,000 and 200,000 (with one 400K new member) we are very close to becoming a "10 chest" FS. We started out as a 4-chest, and have slowly grown, improved and learned until now we are getting 9-10 each week.
There is a great feeling of accomplishment in making progress as a team that wouldn't be there if they had just scaled down the tournament for us back when we had ~20 members.

There are 98 spots open in the top 100 fellowships on Winy, and many of those fellowships will take newer players that are active and willing to learn.
Being in a fellowship of all small players that isn't full is a choice. It can be fun to start small together and slowly grow as a team, but it will also be harder.

Beibhinnsiofra

I enjoy the game very much but the events are too tough on small cities. The last event was heavy on 35,000 items and our fellowship could not deal with it. We all got stopped in our tracks and could not finish the paths. In this way we were cut off from prizes. Please don't give me any crap about trying hard. We tried hard and we are building our fellowship bit by bit. Just saying please take small cities in mind for the events. The event was too short to get the job done as well.

CanDaMan

Again, I stand by my post, big fellowships do not want you to be able to compete. That way, they control the winning prizes. They are not concerned with the game itself, just winning at all costs. I don't care, when the game becomes tiresome, I'll leave.

DeletedUser9601

Again, I stand by my uninformed, based-on-nothing post. Since I am not in a big fellowship, I am going to make baseless accusations about them, and treat them as one monolith with one worldview (rather than hundreds of different individuals with different sets of values), and say that they do not want you to be able to compete. I think this because I grossly overstate the value of the top 3 prizes, especially to a player in a top 25 fellowship, and completely ignore the fact that these players might just want to win for the sake of FS cooperation and competition. Even though they've invested the most time and money in the game, they probably are not concerned with the game itself, just winning at all costs, and again I think this because I don't use logic. I don't care, when the game becomes tiresome, I'll leave and go back to 3rd grade.
ftfy