• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Easter 2018 Set Buildings (SPOILERS!)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Ok, I had a quick look.
A nice full set with
2x Lighthouse (daily prize, date unknown)
2x Phoenix Pavilion (daily prize, date unknown)
1x Cultist Plaza (1st grand prize)
1x Phoenix Worship (2nd grand prize)
1x Temple of the Phoenix (3rd grand prize)

phoenix set.png

56 squares+ 1 road
Chapter 12 stats:
1 KP
1 Broken Shard
22,000 Culture (392 per square)
5,500 Pop(100 less than 2 max level residences)
80,600 coins
11,520 supplies
1,320 T1 goods
2,332 T2 goods
2,450 T3 goods

If you consider that it very nearly replaces 2 max level residences (32 squares +4 roads), then that brings the size down to 21 squares.
22,000 culture for 21 squares is an incredible 1,047 culture per square!
You can view it as the absolute best culture building in the game, and all of the goods, broken shards, KP, supplies and coins are all pure bonus.

Note: you can still get the important set bonus with 1 less Pavilion which will only drop your supplies and coins while saving 6 squares, but I liked the nice rectangle this setup made.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6129

Ok, I had a quick look.
A nice full set with

View attachment 3662

56 squares+ 1 road
Chapter 12 stats:
1 KP
1 Broken Shard
80,600 coins
11,520 supplies
1,320 T1 goods
2,332 T2 goods
2,450 T3 goods

If you consider that it very nearly replaces 2 max level residences (32 squares +4 roads), then that brings the size down to 21 squares.
You can view it as the absolute best culture building in the game, and all of the goods, broken shards, KP, supplies and coins are all pure bonus.

Note: you can still get the important set bonus with 1 less Pavilion which will only drop your supplies and coins while saving 6 squares, but I liked the nice rectangle this setup made.

DeletedUser6129

Looking at the layout implies that you can rotate a building, unless they come in two different alignments.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I think you left out the best thing. 2 prizes that give seeds! Yea!! Actually the prizes look great :D Contrary to what I was thinking because of space I will be all in on this one. I will find the room even if it is after Elementals :cool:

DeletedUser9601

but I liked the nice rectangle this setup made.
This is honestly a bigger consideration for me than I'd like to admit...

Now cue the complaints that the 4x set building bonus can't be attained without paying diamonds.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Ok, I had a quick look.
A nice full set with

View attachment 3662

56 squares+ 1 road
Chapter 12 stats:
1 KP
1 Broken Shard
80,600 coins
11,520 supplies
1,320 T1 goods
2,332 T2 goods
2,450 T3 goods

So on the left hand side, top to bottom, you have lighthouse, ? & ?. I get that those would be phoenix pavilion and cultist plaza but in which order under the lighthouse?

SoggyShorts

So on the left hand side, top to bottom, you have lighthouse, ? & ?. I get that those would be phoenix pavilion and cultist plaza but in which order under the lighthouse?
If it's the same set up like me (with 1 unnecessary pavilion to make it square) then the cult is closest to the top left.

DeletedUser5800

I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own! Who wants Population, Culture, coins, supplies and goods anyway!?
I get all those things already from the actual buildings that I built and upgraded in a city builder game.
They might as well just admit it's no longer a city builder and is a do events over and over game, we should all just have level 1 buildings to do events and event buildings to do everything else! The base metrics literally have no point anymore. :p

SoggyShorts

Can't right now @SoggyShorts doing Main Hall upgrade tonight.
But you are saving some upgrades for the event that you know is coming, right?
Like the final level on your armories that only takes 7 hours as we have discussed multiple times?;)
"Nope, I'm upgrading everything to max before the event starts, so that I can complain about not being able to upgrade anything when those quests come up"
:D:D:D:D

DeletedUser3507

First of all set building are a royal pain in the you know what. Secondly no I don't wait, when it comes up I do them normally.

Armories finished a week ago...

Oh and today the #2 in Winyandor joined my FS...:cool::D:p just a tiny 690k player..

DeletedUser8187

I was thinking about those lighthouses. SIGH they are day 2.
I only took a quick look, but I'm not sure if I like the reduced culture and the addition of goods/supplies on a lot of the prizes.
I still have the herds first two prizes and was hoping to replace them this time around, but if memory serves it looks like the first two prizes have less the half the culture. I was looking forward to the new buildings, not so sure anymore. I'll hold my judgement till more prizes are revealed.
But the graphics/buildings are nice looking.

DeletedUser9601

I was thinking about those lighthouses. SIGH they are day 2.

I know it doesn't always fit everyone's real life schedule, and not everyone has the city space. But you can easily knock out the first 15 quests by Day 2. If you also do both daily quests, and pick up eggs off the ground a few times, you can easily have 300+ essences. That gives you 2 large chests to open. Not the best odds, but not impossible.

And 15 quests is the bare minimum. If you have 10 extra squares to spend on level 1 Tier 1 buildings, and scout (but don't clear) 3-4 provinces this week, you could probably push through 22-23 quests before the lighthouse disappears.

Again, its not an option for some people. If you're travelling, or have an exam those days, its hard to push those quests. But with the quests now being on the mobile app, and some basic planning (and more importantly - some careful collecting of resources), its doable.

I think that's part of the challenge that the developers like to instill. If all of the set buildings were on Day 29, 30 and 31, the whole world would have a complete set. Not a challenge. By having some of the mana/seed buildings, and some of the set buildings, early, it makes players play carefully and plan.

DeletedUser3507

I had to trash my 2nd T4 do to pop strain, but that's ok I have enough pop to upgrade a couple of planks now.

And I upgraded my T4 to lvl 27

But my feeling on set building can't be published here do to forum rules, of no cussing.

ekarat

I think that's part of the challenge that the developers like to instill. If all of the set buildings were on Day 29, 30 and 31, the whole world would have a complete set. Not a challenge. By having some of the mana/seed buildings, and some of the set buildings, early, it makes players play carefully and plan.

I feel like this is more artificial difficulty and luck than a worthwhile challenge. This is not the type of challenge I like.

Besides, while I don't mind sticking in the odd extra workshop or manufactory for events, it feels wrong to bulldoze useful buildings to create swathes of level 1 buildings. Especially when you've finally built up a good guest race settlement.

ekarat

I feel like this is more artificial difficulty and luck than a worthwhile challenge. This is not the type of challenge I like.

Besides, while I don't mind sticking in the odd extra workshop or manufactory for events, it feels wrong to bulldoze useful buildings to create swathes of level 1 buildings. Especially when you've finally built up a good guest race settlement.

Also, it takes roughly an expected 800 (more or less) sky essence to get 2 lighthouses. That's not a fair challenge.

bkbajb

I know it doesn't always fit everyone's real life schedule, and not everyone has the city space. But you can easily knock out the first 15 quests by Day 2. If you also do both daily quests, and pick up eggs off the ground a few times, you can easily have 300+ essences. That gives you 2 large chests to open. Not the best odds, but not impossible.

And 15 quests is the bare minimum. If you have 10 extra squares to spend on level 1 Tier 1 buildings, and scout (but don't clear) 3-4 provinces this week, you could probably push through 22-23 quests before the lighthouse disappears.

Again, its not an option for some people. If you're travelling, or have an exam those days, its hard to push those quests. But with the quests now being on the mobile app, and some basic planning (and more importantly - some careful collecting of resources), its doable.

I think that's part of the challenge that the developers like to instill. If all of the set buildings were on Day 29, 30 and 31, the whole world would have a complete set. Not a challenge. By having some of the mana/seed buildings, and some of the set buildings, early, it makes players play carefully and plan.[/QUOTE

I guess it depends on what people want. They are going to have double point days again I read. I prefer waiting but I see what Inno is probably doing. Offering good prizes on regular days. So I will start this one like others. If I do not want the daily I will not open any eggs.