• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Easter 2018 Set Buildings (SPOILERS!)

DeletedUser9601

I feel like this is more artificial difficulty and luck than a worthwhile challenge. This is not the type of challenge I like.

Besides, while I don't mind sticking in the odd extra workshop or manufactory for events, it feels wrong to bulldoze useful buildings to create swathes of level 1 buildings. Especially when you've finally built up a good guest race settlement.

So what's the right challenge?

First, if the max-bonus set buildings are too easy to get, no one is going to be buying Sky Essences (which obviously the developers want to happen). Its almost always been that to get "the best" possible outcome from a major event, you'd need to spend $$$.

Second, these major events and FAs are becoming more and more all about tradeoffs. In your city, you can make a few choices:
-slow down guest race pace,
-delete some nice culture buildings for a bit more room (which culture buildings you're almost certainly going to improve upon if you complete the main quest line),
-not clear as many provinces as you want immediately,
-otherwise hold off building up other parts of your city.
In exchange, you get a really nice chance at a fantastic building set that will jump-start your city growth for 3-4 months. Only you can make that decision for yourself.
During the Winter Event, I held off on my guest race so I could complete 90% of the main quest line, and maximize the Mana Fountains I could win. I ended up with 16, and it skyrocketed my mana production. It trivialized mana during 2 chapters for me. So 2 weeks of delaying my tech tree was a worthwhile tradeoff.

If there's no tradeoffs or no hard decisions, why would there be a good prize at the end? Just for showing up?

bkbajb

The one thing I don't understand is during the winter event I got 2 set buildings. Now I see with the 3 new set buildings it almost makes the 2 I got obsolete due to space issues. If each seasonal event is going to have new set buildings is anyone keeping the originals?

DeletedUser3507

Scout what lol last time I checked it was 2.5 days to scout 1

DeletedUser5521

I was thinking about those lighthouses. SIGH they are day 2.

you could probably push through 22-23 quests before the lighthouse disappears

I know it says "day 2", but it actually shows up on day 1 (the first prize is there for only 1/2 day), and will be gone on day 2 about the time that many in the EST and farther West time zones are getting home from work.. :oops:

If all of the set buildings were on Day 29, 30 and 31, the whole world would have a complete set. Not a challenge.

I hear you on that, but...day 1...really? :confused: Hopefully...
A little birdie told me the LH will come twice. :)I promise nothing though.
...the little birdie dost not lie! :eek::p:D

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Scout what lol last time I checked it was 2.5 days to scout 1
Great news! There is an alternative option: you can upgrade a building instead and I just saw this:
I had to trash my 2nd T4 do to pop strain, but that's ok I have enough pop to upgrade a couple of planks now.
So it sounds like you are all set for that quest :)

@SoggyShorts let me know if you actually manage to get the full set.;)
I haven't quite decided if I'm going for it. It's quite good, but there's something I might want more....

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Well, dang it, they look like nice buildings. At my particular point in the game, I don't think I'm going to find a spot for them, though. My winter set buildings are performing nicely, and I've managed to place 11 willows without tearing them down. The highest priority in that set for me are the orc vortexes. I have 2 with the full 3 boosts on them. Together they produce a bit over 400 orcs/day. At this point, I'm idling my armories and just producing orcs with the vortexes. I shed excess coin in the armories now instead of the overpriced wholesaler and make orcs in them then. I keep a steady inventory of about 75K orcs. With this set not having any buildings with that feature, I just don't see replacing my current set as having value for me. Willows are driving my culture higher than its ever been. I guess I'll focus on mana buildings (the Burning Pool looks promising) and hopefully some of the military buildings will appear in this one. I need to figure out which of those will help me the most in a Scrolls tournament. Need to go in hard on scrolls tourneys the next couple times they come up and collect as many relics as possible.

shimmerfly

The one thing I don't understand is during the winter event I got 2 set buildings. Now I see with the 3 new set buildings it almost makes the 2 I got obsolete due to space issues. If each seasonal event is going to have new set buildings is anyone keeping the originals?
That's up to you if you want to make the room and squeeze them in. :D It's your city!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts let me know if you actually manage to get the full set.;)

Bet I will :p BUT I will have to let most of the prizes sit in inventory until after the next FA :( I changed FS so I know it is coming. If I placed them next week as I get them I will go negative on population because of what I will need to sell off. I'm thinking that's going to happen when I do the FA anyway and I sure as heck don't want to sell off the new ones.

DeletedUser5800

(the Burning Pool looks promising
That's my initial thought too, especially if it comes late.
I need to figure out which of those will help me the most in a Scrolls tournament.
There are 3 types, Mage buff, Archer buff and Health buff... since scrolls uses mostly Cerberus and Heavy Ranged probably Health.
I lucked out and was going for Steel this time, set out 6 Mage Multipliers and 4 Enlightened Light Ranged, did 42 provinces in round 1 and was still losing 0 troops in most auto battles. LOL I like them a lot, I will have to get more for sure.

I may skip buildings altogether and go all buffs and instants... decisions decisions.

The Unbeliever

A little birdie told me the LH will come twice. :)I promise nothing though.
I pray to the Great Schemer that you're right.

Otherwise, this set will be basically impossible to acquire without forking over 5k+ in :diamond::diamond::diamond:...
At this point, if they're just going to be so obviously trollish about it, INNO should just ahead and put a $200 price tag on the set and stop pretending already!:mad::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DeletedUser13002

So what's the right challenge?

First, if the max-bonus set buildings are too easy to get, no one is going to be buying Sky Essences (which obviously the developers want to happen). Its almost always been that to get "the best" possible outcome from a major event, you'd need to spend $$$.

Second, these major events and FAs are becoming more and more all about tradeoffs. In your city, you can make a few choices:
-slow down guest race pace,
-delete some nice culture buildings for a bit more room (which culture buildings you're almost certainly going to improve upon if you complete the main quest line),
-not clear as many provinces as you want immediately,
-otherwise hold off building up other parts of your city.
In exchange, you get a really nice chance at a fantastic building set that will jump-start your city growth for 3-4 months. Only you can make that decision for yourself.
During the Winter Event, I held off on my guest race so I could complete 90% of the main quest line, and maximize the Mana Fountains I could win. I ended up with 16, and it skyrocketed my mana production. It trivialized mana during 2 chapters for me. So 2 weeks of delaying my tech tree was a worthwhile tradeoff.

If there's no tradeoffs or no hard decisions, why would there be a good prize at the end? Just for showing up?

Yeah. This.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Do we know yet for sure that this is coming on Monday? I am looking at the quests and WOW! There are a bunch of level 10 & level 12 upgrades. I'm going to have to do some tech tree planning to be able to finish because I am definitely going to run out of population if I have to do Main Hall.

DeletedUser9601

Do we know yet for sure that this is coming on Monday? I am looking at the quests and WOW! There are a bunch of level 10 & level 12 upgrades. I'm going to have to do some tech tree planning to be able to finish because I am definitely going to run out of population if I have to do Main Hall.
We never know for sure until it actually releases. But I think you can comfortably expect it Monday morning. One thing I like to do on the level 10 and level 12 upgrades is to just start a new Level 1 residence. It takes a few days worth of your builder, but if you start now, you'll be pretty close to level 12.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
One option, if you start now is to nuke an armory and start leveling it up again. Or in your case it would be a tier 1 building. It's not ideal, but with a full city of max expansions and max buildings, your builders aren't doing squat anyways for the next 3-6 months

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Darn! Yeah I did that with a tier 1 before. That would be one I nuked to make room for Elementals :rolleyes: I'm going to figure out how much space 2 residence take up leveled for the event and see which takes more space. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure I can get enough essence to research Training Camp in time.