• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A community based building!

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss about the community-based building and the poll regarding the building's size. Also, don't forget to vote at the top of the page! :)

The poll will be open for 7 days.

Reference:
building_sizes.png

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
4x1or 1x4 are probably better than 2x2

The big questions:
Will it need a road?
  • A 2x2 building that needs a road requires 5 squares (assuming there is a building across the street sharing the road.
  • A 1x4 or 4x1 that needs a road only takes up 4.5 squares.
Will it give culture?
  • I don't want people buffing a tiny 2x2 building because I'm sure it won't be as much culture as a bigger building, so making it
  • 1x4 or 4x1 is the better option to prevent wasted buffs.
this building will only be obtainable via forum contests and social media contests!
Does this mean that only a limited number of players can get it? I understand that participation on the forums and/or social media is required, but the use of the word "contest" implies winners and losers...

Follow-up to that question: Do you need to participate on both the forums and social media? Is there any advantage to doing so, or is participation on just 1 the same?

Last edited:

DeletedUser9731

Well I like either the 1x4 or 2x2 we already have a lot of 4x or 3x 1's and I find I have lots of open spaces in the 4x1 area. I really think that if you participate on the forum and the social media that you will be up to receive...only the ones that don't maybe won't get it? I am hoping for storage where we can move builds, roads and merchandise like FA badges to it. if we can move FA badges to it and the whole fs can use the badges when needed that would be a plus. It also would be a plus if we could put stuff we don't want to use in it and others in fs could get them...but dream on Twinklet I know. But they did say they were building a storage build for us to temp put stuff so we could move towns around. Which means that we prob could only have one per name. I really wouldn't care if it gave culture...but pop would be nice. I think this is exciting and fun how they are doing this!!

DeletedUser51

Does this mean that only a limited number of players can get it?
As of right now, it will be a 'limited edition' and available specifically for contest prizes.
Do you need to participate on both the forums and social media? Is there any advantage to doing so, or is participation on just 1 the same?
The Forum and our official Social Media platforms will run separate contests, so no - you do not have to participate in both types, but it would increase the chances of winning one in the long run.

That is how I understand it at this point, but first we have to get it designed! :D

DeletedUser6368

I voted 2X2, was really hoping there was 3X3 to choose. The operation of the building, YOU!! get to choose what you want from it 2 choices
non-boosted must be different tier, spells, KP, coins etc. and it's set for the life of the building, no changes allowed. The building can be linkable so if you link it up with Marble must choose 1 of each tier 2-3 for the set choice and so on, and get an extra set choice by what it's linked up with (extra marble) so now you get 3 from it 24/h period for all. Amounts are set by chapter and increase for each chapter progression.

I know it's a lot of code to write but in the end, we'll be happy with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
As of right now, it will be a 'limited edition' and available specifically for contest prizes.
Ohhh, like the "make up an Elvenar holiday" type contest?
I must say, that is disappointing. I don't mind some element of chance in the game, but I much prefer knowing that if I put in X effort I will receive Y reward.

That holiday contest in particular left a bit of a bad taste.. lots of effort coming up with a clever Elvenar themed holiday, editing and re-editing before submitting, and then forces behind the scenes decided it wasn't in the top 5, so it didn't even come up for a community vote. Maybe it wasn't worthy of the top 5, but what I'm not excited about is putting non-elvenar skills into a contest (like creative writing) and having the judgement of that decide whether you get a special building or not.

DeletedUser51

Lets stay on topic here @SoggyShorts ;)

This thread is about the community based building, we can talk about the other stuff after we create one to actually give away. We may receive specific direction about the giveaways for these buildings in the future as well, especially since they will be much more rare than diamonds. Right now, we just don't know.

DeletedUser663

I don't understand why a 'community based' building should be so small. In my opinion the smallest this should be is 4*4 = 16 squares rather than 4 as we are asked to vote on. The benefits which can reasonably be provided from such a small building will make it less desirable than something which is bigger, unless the benefits are significantly greater per square than any current buildings.

I like the idea of a community based building but what does it deliver?

We are being asked to vote on something which is poorly defined so until there is more information I see no point in voting.

DeletedUser3613

I have a suggestion : stop calling it a "community based building".

Those words imply a building whose function is based on/around a "community". But to be usable in that manner requires that "communities" have access to it, and that appears not to be the case since the stated intention is to only make it accessible by a [very] limited number of individuals.

What is actually being offered/proposed is a rare - as in, very few players will get to own one - building, and some design factors of that building (such as form, style, function) are being made available as limited-choice options for voting on by us, the players, the "community".
A closer description might be a "community-designed building". (hmm, "designed by committee" ... ?)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I like the idea of a community based building but what does it deliver?

Would have been nice to pick effect before size but it is what it is. As 2x2 seems most popular I just hope it won't be a culture building or culture hybrid. Having a low value culture item for people to buff is unlikely to be used other than for the fact it will be rare.

Been 4 squares if its worth it we will find a way to make it fit regardless.

DeletedUser6892

ok, except - pick a size for a community bldg - I don't understand any other info! What is it? What I have read is confusing or incomplete or all of the above; oh, & some of us don't understand some terms &/or phrases used with explanations, or if familiar with term(s); i don't get them within this context. I am saying this feeling quite out of my element & just plain stoopid! :confused:o_O This is also a contest?...More good explanation would be needed I think, or maybe it's just me!
Still here, still just me, still love this game & will roll with the changes as best I can! Have fun keep smilin! (PS- would need more info for answering the question for size of community bldg if don't know what everything is about. Have had need of all sizes for fitting in unused spaces - tho i do like 2x2 bldgs). &>..smiles!:) from k4k(short version!)

HJK84

Cool idea.
Thanks for the joining of hands with the community, vise a vie, us :)

I voted 1x4, cause I like being a oddball :p
But the 2x2, would be cool also.

DeletedUser2389

I have a suggestion : stop calling it a "community based building".

Those words imply a building whose function is based on/around a "community". But to be usable in that manner requires that "communities" have access to it, and that appears not to be the case since the stated intention is to only make it accessible by a [very] limited number of individuals.

What is actually being offered/proposed is a rare - as in, very few players will get to own one - building, and some design factors of that building (such as form, style, function) are being made available as limited-choice options for voting on by us, the players, the "community".
A closer description might be a "community-designed building". (hmm, "designed by committee" ... ?)
I agree...it is disappointing to see them say "only a few will get it"....that usually means unless you are end game, forget it, you don't stand a chance. This game has really taken on a "screw the little guy/new player" twist to it.