• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Things that go through my head, but are better left unsaid, in the thread.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
"I would like a community designed building that once deployed prevents forum posters from creating a new thread until they have tried at least three searches on the topic and then their new thread still can't be seen by anybody else until Soggy has vetted and approved it for public viewing."

(the title would have been a much more complete poem, except I hit the limit of title length.....)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Great thread! I always have questions in my head I know I need to filter from my written response like:
"You again? What are you unhappy about this time? Are we even playing the same game? While I can accept I won't sway your opinion with facts and logic, could you just please accept you won't sway mine with emotion-laden tantrums?"

DeletedUser2768

What the - are you talking about? Are we even reading the same post?

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Great thread! I always have questions in my head I know I need to filter from my written response like:
"You again? What are you unhappy about this time? Are we even playing the same game? While I can accept I won't sway your opinion with facts and logic, could you just please accept you won't sway mine with emotion-laden tantrums?"
Haha YES. I've found more and more of those thoughts have been slipping past my filter of late.....

DeletedUser3468

"While your snarky response is mildly amusing, using logic and common sense are more likely to sway my opinion."

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Along with other things, my filter has become much thicker with age; things don't pass through as easily as when I was younger;).
I'm definitely headed in the opposite direction. For example:
"While your snarky response is mildly amusing, using logic and common sense are more likely to sway my opinion."
If this post by @Sheianna had being directed specifically towards me, I think I'd have to admit it's pretty much on target:D

DeletedUser3468

Nope, not at you Soggy, though you do have your moments! ;)

shimmerfly

When I write what goes through my "head" the "heart" gets in the way and makes me delete.
So most of the time I "listen" and laugh or pity the person posting and the ignorance they're expressing. Thus, most of what I have to say remains unsaid.
So am I the snarky one?? Oh please let me be the snarky one!

DeletedUser12423

"I would like a community designed building that once deployed prevents forum posters from creating a new thread until they have tried at least three searches on the topic and then their new thread still can't be seen by anybody else until Soggy has vetted and approved it for public viewing."

We can't change the community or the rules how which it is managed. But I hear you. We have to deal with things the way they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Harry-Potter-Professor-Severus-Snape-Costume-810x427.jpg

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Today's news flash: People who aren't affected by something think others shouldn't be either.

We caught up with Heidi, a member of a family of shepherds in the Alps. When we asked her about recent stories she responded "I don't know why all these people in Louisiana and Florida keep complaining about hurricanes and flooding. You'd think by now they'd have moved on and got a new home in the mountains. It shouldn't take that long."

DeletedUser3507

Today's news flash: People who aren't affected by something think others shouldn't be either.

We caught up with Heidi, a member of a family of shepherds in the Alps. When we asked her about recent stories she responded "I don't know why all these people in Louisiana and Florida keep complaining about hurricanes and flooding. You'd think by now they'd have moved on and got a new home in the mountains. It shouldn't take that long."
Again I agree and my remark is Ahahaha....:p:D:p

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Lol, love this thread!! I have thought all the things written here and quite a few more that will just have to stay in my head, as they are against the rules of the Forum!!