• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Recent content by AlaskanSunflower

1. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

I think the problem there was basics were NOT working at all. I was losing when the basics and my stats should have won- like that AI debacle one I just had. Cuz like there was NO reason I should have lost when it was taking several attacks to kill ONE stack, but one of my stacks could wipe out...
  2. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

What I learned was AI is stupid. It walked into enemy firing range without attacking, despite having BETTER range than the enemy. Got attacked FIRST cuz of this. Then on subsequent turns had the units MOVE back and forth over a turn or two WITHOUT ATTACKING. Generally winding up nearly or...
  3. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

So I watched it on "auto"... the AI is retarded. Just walking up and down the hedges... getting shot but NOT ATTACKING BACK. Just running back and forth... So I did it manually... and THIS happened.
  4. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

Well I lost, and 12 of their ranged ppl somehow survived. I don't get that. the math seems to say NO WAY possible. Cuz they had one LESS range, tons less life and damage... THIS is what makes it stupid hard to figure out how this works. I'll try manual later (never done that and I SUCK at...
  5. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

Sure, IDK I can get 400 KPs quickly, that's a lot and will take a bit. :) But I'm willing to do it - how can I swap KPs with you if you're not in my FS?
  6. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

THAT was in a FIRST ROUND 0-star combat... I have done NOTHING yet in the event. I had 3 star vs 1 star, more units out there, strong vs with FOUR SWORDS out of five. HOW?! How can I make sense of this?! Looking at these numbers... I don't get it. I do 14k damage per attack, they have 3300...
  7. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

Yeah... I just don't get it. If terrain (I see it on there) is soooooo bad for my units, why aren't there's gonna suffer just as bad?! So I totally don't understand this game's thinking. Better stars? Check. More units? Check. Strong vs? Check. There is NO logic to this at all. Even with...
  8. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

So you don't do this fight until you have Orc Strategist? I don't have those yet- a few techs away in the orc city, and the other is only in dwarves. So is this really a matter of me just being waaaaaay too early to think about combat at all!?
  9. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

So "best used against" doesn't mean they are good against? DESPITE the pentagon saying they're strong vs?! o.0 Also, for "stars"... mine were TWO star, only ONE unit of the enemy was. The rest were ONE star. So I DID have the advantage there, too. But again, Mykan noted these should be used...
  10. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

We do KP swaps in my main game's FS all the time. I do that often. :) I get a chest from them once in a while... mostly instants, spells, or the crest thingys you get doing the provinces on the map. IDK I get many runes from them.
  11. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

I am not relying on it to do _everything_ but it SHOULD at least be expected to follow its own rules. Strong vs should beat "weak vs" units. That's kinda the definition of "strong vs" and "weak vs". When it makes you LOSE despite THEY having the weak vs units, it's telling you that YOU can't win...
  12. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

Ok, wait... I am gonna need you to break that down and explain HOW that makes sense. Pentagon says they are strong vs both types. The game "info" when you click the "i" for the Cerb LITERALLY SAYS "Best against" and lists those two units. How is that telling me they are NOT good against those...
  13. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

I did that once, by accident... and it's super confusing. It moves troops up, then back... this way, then back that way... it's like they have to MOVE every turn and so it just moves them somewhere. And archers, IMHO, are god-like in that- cuz they mow all sorts of stuff down of mine... but mine...
  14. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

Honestly, IMHO, it IS a mess right now. If all the "strong vs/weak vs" and "best against" info the game and devs tells us is thrown out hte window for other things... then the combat system is built on something OTHER THAN what they tell us... and sometimes has random "you just lose" chance...
  15. AlaskanSunflower

Need help with basics

So are you saying the initiative is attack order, or who goes first? Is it both somehow? They choose who to attack priority based on that number somehow? And... WHY ON EARTH does the game and pentagon say use Cerbs vs light range and mages when CLEARLY they get owned?! Again... EVERYTHING...