• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Recent content by SoggyShorts

1. SoggyShorts

Trade dilemma

Still bad ratio though. As I showed in another thread, You should actually get 2 planks for a gem, the opposite of what the trader suggests. So, yeah it's better than the old 16:1 nonsense, but still terrible. (hence why 99.x% of cross trades are "downstream" where players are asking for T1)
  2. SoggyShorts

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

And what about 2 different players on one IP address (like a couple or flatmates) can they play in one Fellowship? This is the specific case I'd like to be clear on.
  3. SoggyShorts

The mods on the EN forums are notoriously poor at interpreting the rules. as others said, this has been confirmed years ago to be a copy&paste error from other inno games. It's all about preventing you from getting free "diamonds" for inviting [yourself] to play the game: a feature that doesn't...
  4. SoggyShorts

The simple fix is Blue and Red diamonds. All diamonds purchased are red, special diamonds that you share across all worlds. Blue, regular diamonds that you win are not shared and stick to the world where they are earned. Boom, no more diamond pushing.
  5. SoggyShorts

Manufactory Math With a Surprising Conclusion

At a glance, It all looks good, although I wouldn't "-2" for the roads. Realistically the roads continue in both directions so just "0.5*" is enough imo. One thing that's changed since the last time I had this discussion is the "set all" feature implementation. The idea of setting 14 buildings...
  6. SoggyShorts

On a relatedd note: I just spun down on today's event daily, and here's why: I usually log in once per day, twice tops. My factories make 10940 per 9h Call it 11,000 That's exactly what 2 shamanistic healing grounds make in a day. (9 squares plus 1.5 roads)x2 = 21 squares of footprint All of...
  7. SoggyShorts

Did you account for roads? Smaller buildings require more roads(as a % of footprint) My general rule was always (shortside x 0.5) for roads
  8. SoggyShorts

Cross trading

You're missing the 3rd possibility which I've already presented: Players in a FS are a team. Players want to help their teammates Players take trades that their teammates need, even if they aren't beneficial to the taker. Maybe you never take trades just to help out the requester, but many of...
  9. SoggyShorts

Cross trading

As we've shown in this and dozens of other threads ross-tier trades are extremely hard to make "fair", so there is often a feeling of resentment on one end of the trade. By simply enforcing a FS rule that each player must balance their own city among tiers you prevent any player from...
  10. SoggyShorts

Cross trading

"demand"? No, but absolutely if you are in a FS and your team mates are either unwilling or unable to take your trades you should consider moving on. Simple, see my point above and consider that cross traders mistakenly think it is their fellows who are at fault when cross trades sit untaken...
  11. SoggyShorts

Cross trading

Impossible. Either your trader was empty which meant everyone had what they needed(healthy), or you posted trades that no one took in which case the trader was not empty. So, my statement stands: An empty trader is a healthy trader.
  12. SoggyShorts

Cross trading

Communication options in this game suck so it's simply easier to assume that any trade that one of your friends posts is a trade that they need, so you take it. An empty trader is a healthy trader, and It's easy to pop in 4+ times per day and powerclick the trader until you've taken everything...
  13. SoggyShorts

Beginning Chapters

Luckily I was close to accessing the Timewarp when it was invented. I can't imagine knowing it existed and being many chapters away
  14. SoggyShorts

Discussion Notification and Neighborly help Improvements

I'm not sure that there is much need for this. A notification showing that your wonder is full? Sure, but a notification for every time a player puts a KP into it seems like overkill
  15. SoggyShorts

Discussion Rune Shard changes

even then, since their limit goes up every day they should be fine