• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Recent content by TheGiftedKes

1. TheGiftedKes

Send in the Commander v2.0

I am not sure if I can check the forum frequently enough to shepherd this idea anymore, but if anybody is interested in doing so feel free!
  2. TheGiftedKes

Sentient Goods are unbalanced

You can only do 2 of those even trades in a day though (one of each non-boosted sentient good), then it becomes pretty uneven until trader reset, right? It helps, but I don't think the daily volume will be enough for those who are in chapter 15 for example
  3. TheGiftedKes

Sentient goods and research

70 pages is on the higher end, for example right now we have 55 pages of bismuth being offered out of 94 pages of all trades.
  4. TheGiftedKes

Yes and no. I do want to give devs flexibility, especially with regards to percentages. But, the catering effect aside, I personally would prefer that the effects not be the same as those you can already get through other means (i.e. global attack bonus, global hit-points bonus, enlightened...
  5. TheGiftedKes

Sentient goods and research

Winyandor has a constant cosmic bismuth surplus issue. I wonder how much of it is due to moonstone gates giving bismuth to all at chapter 14 and above. We get sometimes 70 pages of everyone offering bismuth, and unless you give a very generous 3-star trade, they can be sitting there for days. We...
  6. TheGiftedKes

Edited the post to include the suggested cool-down system. If you didn't like the previous version of the idea and voted no on the last poll, please let me know what you think about this version :) To recap, the issues brought up last time were that 1. the cater commander was not mentioned in...
  7. TheGiftedKes

Hoping to see more comments here!
  8. TheGiftedKes

Thanks for your comment. So one vote for MA style (i.e diamond upgrade). Related to multiple times usage but getting weaker each time: I am not particularly against the idea. What do others think? Another way would be that the effect doesn't grow weak, but we change how cool-down works. After...
  9. TheGiftedKes

I briefly mentioned it (under 'what do I mean by an encounter'), but many players are very vocal about the tourney changes so at this point I am not sure how things are going to turn out. What did you have in mind about how those changes might affect this idea?
  10. TheGiftedKes

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

The assumption was indeed wrong and I apologized for it. The relevance was because you said "Without seeing ANY data, someone with PhD in stats wouldn't make statements ...". If there was indeed some error in the fit, there was no need for me to have any more info about the data. If you don't...
  11. TheGiftedKes

I was referring to a graph I saw when I clicked on the link to MinMax's blog. I saw the formula the CrazyWizard had put on beta thread close to it so I assumed that the residuals bar plot was for the model being discussed. Anyway, if there are no residuals then never mind.
  12. TheGiftedKes

Anything you specifically like or dislike about any of the details? Anything that needs further clarification? :)
  13. TheGiftedKes

I thought I saw a bar graph of residuals were there was some level of error. In which case, my statement would follow. If there is literally zero error, then yes within the current range of data you have captured even the correct form of non-linearity (assuming smoothness). :) I apologize for...
  14. TheGiftedKes

I have a PhD in stats and multiple published articles in peer reviewed journals to back me up. As I said you have done a great job, and I didn't mean to disrespect your work. If you insist, you can share the data and I can provide a couple of other example solutions.
  15. TheGiftedKes

As I said the formula is a fit, out of many. Your argument was all based on the exact form of it so I cautioned you :)