• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Set Building Connection Issues

DeletedUser9601

Game version: v1.52.3-(c15feddf7) (2018-04-19 7:56)
Game world: Arendyll
Browser + version: Chrome
Flash Player version: 29.0.0.140
Operating System: Windows
Screen resolution:
Account name: Tedious
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 - also happens on mobile

Current situation:
Set buildings from Winter Event are showing "no road connection" error message when the only other adjacent set buildings are the same building type (Frozen Fountain touching Frozen Fountain).

Expected situation:
All set buildings have road connection through the set building mechanics.

Reproduction Steps
1. Tried on mobile. Same result.
2. Closed browser and re-opened.
3. Turned off computer and turned back on.

Screenshots of the bug:
Attached. Previously all of these Frozen Fountains functioned with just one road connection (just south of the Endless Excavation).

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    996.2 KB · Views: 119

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Sounds like unintentional fall-out from the fixing of the previous bug that identical buildings won in different chapters were boosting each other. Do the ones that are showing as not connected show the same culture/mana production base as the ones they are touching that are properly connected?

DeletedUser9601

Sounds like unintentional fall-out from the fixing of the previous bug that identical buildings won in different chapters were boosting each other. Do the ones that are showing as not connected show the same culture/mana production base as the ones they are touching that are properly connected?
They all have the same base, and were acquired in the same chapter.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello,

Previously there were some bug in place that allowed mixed matching of set buildings from different events, and allowed additional bonus from identical pieces of multiple buildings of the sets. As of right now, that bug have been fixed, thus your set up will no longer work. This is not a bug, rather, it is the result of an ongoing bug being addressed.

Xelenia

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Hello,

Previously there were some bug in place that allowed mixed matching of set buildings from different events, and allowed additional bonus from identical pieces of multiple buildings of the sets. As of right now, that bug have been fixed, thus your set up will no longer work. This is not a bug, rather, it is the result of an ongoing bug being addressed.

Xelenia
Xelenia, I don't think that's fully correct. We shouldn't get a bonus, but we should still be able to chain them together without additional roads. They are not from different sets.

Edit: @Xelenia this should not be closed.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hey @Ashrem ,

Will look further into this and let you know if it is still a byproduct of the bugs that were fixed and if the original buildings requirements are in place. Once I get to the tools I have access to, will get back to you.

And the thread is not closed, I left it in the bug section rather than moving it into archive in the event the actual report needs to be re-opened. Only the prefix has changed.

Xelenia

DeletedUser9601

Can we expect a change to the wording of set buildings? Because as currently drafted, set buildings of the same kind should count as road connections. I was never getting the set bonus, but I was getting the "street connection bonus," if you will.

Could this also be added to the patch notes to make it clear that this is an intentional change?

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Alright,

After some confirmation basically same buildings should not be triggered as part of a set and will need their own connection now that the original bug have been fixed. Though looking at the picture above, I have poked around and once I receive clarity from the developers (whether an unintended bug was created or if this is how it should truly be) I will update this thread on whether I will be archiving this or editing the prefix with a ticket number.

Thanks!

Can we expect a change to the wording of set buildings? Because as currently drafted, set buildings of the same kind should count as road connections. I was never getting the set bonus, but I was getting the "street connection bonus," if you will.

Could this also be added to the patch notes to make it clear that this is an intentional change?
Will bring that up for sure if better clarity can be provided.