• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser17939

Most likely #999,999,999 time asking, but any word if devs might fix this? Come on my map area is literally dead for people visiting me. It looks like swiss cheese no matter where I go, and I do have that thing marked allow move. I could prolly scream in my map area and hear an echo now... Please fold the outter players like myself into the center where we might find more active help. I play on Felyndral and it looks like an ant cave in areas of deleted cities.

DeletedUser2768

Yup. This is nowhere close to the first time this has been mentioned. They SAY there's some kind of pattern to the movement, but I see no rhyme or reason to who gets moved, or when.

I actually quit Khelonaar because I was in a desert and couldn't progress in the game.

DeletedUser17939

Posing this actually for 4 accounts I run in Felyndal that are all affected. Seems the nerf was a huge factor to make my map area just go bottoms up. Kinda want to go psycho demon as my character is on the devs if it won't be fixed soon. Could make me drop all 10 accounts and I cash on 4 of them. Up to you devs lose your paying customers or edit that map bug cuz it ain't filling itself like last 4x. Almost a month and seeing the map totally disconnect and have to rely on FS for trades only. They don't always have it like those players I see in wood elf on up. Kinda crushed me putting up any AWs in all games. No room fixing your nerf.

DeletedUser17961

Kayas%20city_zpsarp05cdy.png

An example of my crappy map I need a ship to get to more maybe live players. Only a few actually visit from the map

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
City movement is an automated function. You need to make sure you have the 'move to a more active spot' (or however they say it) checked in your in-game settings to get moved. Bottom right corner, click the gear, then click the next gear when the selections pop up.
I was in your position when I first started the game, only I had zero neighbors visiting and only an occasional trade from 2 players who seemed to play about once/week. This was after clearing 6 rings out from my city! Right before they moved me, the gold mines came to my map (that's what happens when they delete an inactive* city) and there were those 2 spots that weren't gold mines right before they moved me. It took them about 4 months to move me, but I've been a happy camper for 10 months now since the move. I'd be one of those dead cities if not for my FS during those first months.
*inactive by the game's definition; some of what we call inactive don't meet the game's definition.

DeletedUser17961

For the above I been going at this for about 2 or 3 months I think. Maybe less. I would think for those I found and just outside my found I would see more than 2 active clicks and I think before the nerf happened to the event buildings 5 traders who each have helped some. Most the active traders are too far out for my current rings, already got hard rings with that screen up there. As for the move option it was auto marked for me so I left it as is.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Moving to the middle is only 1/2 the problem. I have a town on one world near the middle and things are very inactive cause the long-term players there have quit. They need to move the protected but inactive towns out of the middle, this also create space for those on the edge needing to move in.

DeletedUser6547

Been there an done this once. I have yet to see any movement come to my area as well. I am losing those established players too and a few dead cities have re-emerged. Come on Inno why should we deal with players forgotten for a year+ and see a handful of live players on trader or visits? I want to buy more pixels of land but if you won't move the actives inward and weed out these cities well under chapter 5 its no dinner $$$ for you.

RainbowSKYEPIXIE

City movement is an automated function. You need to make sure you have the 'move to a more active spot' (or however they say it) checked in your in-game settings to get moved. Bottom right corner, click the gear, then click the next gear when the selections pop up.
I was in your position when I first started the game, only I had zero neighbors visiting and only an occasional trade from 2 players who seemed to play about once/week. This was after clearing 6 rings out from my city! Right before they moved me, the gold mines came to my map (that's what happens when they delete an inactive* city) and there were those 2 spots that weren't gold mines right before they moved me. It took them about 4 months to move me, but I've been a happy camper for 10 months now since the move. I'd be one of those dead cities if not for my FS during those first months.
*inactive by the game's definition; some of what we call inactive don't meet the game's definition.
I can't wait to be a happy camper :) I keep waiting....In K it is horrible!!!! desolate.

HJK84

131 provinces and 5 actives for me. There might be more, probably I can Help them but they can't Help me, yet :oops:

I'm curious though. I have never been moved. My question is, do active ppl that have advanced cities ever get moved?
I was under the impression only new players get moved, not old ones? :confused:

DeletedUser3507

Once I was moved when they first started doing moves, since then nada...

DeletedUser188

My question is, do active ppl that have advanced cities ever get moved?
I have been playing since day 1 and have logged in at least once every day and now sit at the end of chapt.12
The option to allow automatic movement has been checked everyday since they introduced the feature
My city has never been moved

shimmerfly

I have been playing since day 1 and have logged in at least once every day and now sit at the end of chapt.12
The option to allow automatic movement has been checked everyday since they introduced the feature
My city has never been moved
That's why I suggested to RainbowSKYEPIXIE to ask Support. I had been playing for about 4 months at the time.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Moving to the middle is only 1/2 the problem. I have a town on one world near the middle and things are very inactive cause the long-term players there have quit. They need to move the protected but inactive towns out of the middle, this also create space for those on the edge needing to move in.
Have you ever been about to get off the bus, or out of an elevator, but some guy tries to push his way in first? That guy works for inno.

DeletedUser17694

Since they don't do much as far as promoting the game goes, maybe they should consider merging servers. Anyone inactive for at least 1 month can be put in the nether regions. At least then you have better chance of having helping neighbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.