• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Have declinable quests been removed?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 841850
  • Start date

Deleted User - 841850

I recently discovered the usefulness of declinable quests and in anticipation of chapters to come had been banking my supplies and coins to the maximum that I had at the time and have just completed a level 20 upgrade to accommodate even more. However as I eagerly anticipated making my collection rounds I found that both quest spots had become non-declinable. This may have happened in other chapters, but as it can take a while for the penny to drop in my case, I did not notice it. Question, is this a normal occurrence or is my new-found game playing strategy blown to smithereens (with my luck the answer is the latter, but here's hoping)!?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
It can happen. Once you clear one of them, you should go back to the declinable quests. I hit a spot once where I had both as declinable quests not long after they started giving the diamonds in guest race chapters. :: panic:: but apparently that can happen as well. While I think it's tech tree progress that triggers the chapter quests, I've never been sure what triggers the declinable ones, but they do change as you move through the chapters.

Deleted User - 841850

It can happen. Once you clear one of them, you should go back to the declinable quests. I hit a spot once where I had both as declinable quests not long after they started giving the diamonds in guest race chapters. :: panic:: but apparently that can happen as well. While I think it's tech tree progress that triggers the chapter quests, I've never been sure what triggers the declinable ones, but they do change as you move through the chapters.

Oh boo. Just as I was moving ,merrily along, and in the middle of orcs and goblins too!

I've been so bored to tears in this chapter that I can barely drag myself to whatever device I may be using, to play the game.My recent discovery of using declinable quests and the strategizing of using them to get the most out of my collections was starting to make it a little fun. The only thing interesting left now is playing around with my spreadsheet, keeping track and estimating production completions, which while kind of fun is mostly a downer when I see how far I've got to go.

Yeesh, I feel like a combination of Dali's melting clocks and Munch's The Scream, with the demeanor of a little kid, uggh...I'm soo bored!

I realize that another good use of time option is to add to my AW's but the strong desire to get out of this chapter keeps interfering!

The bottom line is that I have 0 patience so orcs and goblins is not a good fit for me at all!!

Oh well I hope to be able to laugh about all of this angst...eventually.

Deleted User - 841850

@momestar
Try not to become too attached to those declinable quests. Some players have begged the devs to get rid of them and completely overhaul the quest system, and a couple of months ago they mentioned working on such an overhaul.
Yikes, I'll keep that in mind.

Now here comes the question:

My internet is slow depending on location so below is what I have been doing to gain resources:

3 hr production on goods during the day then 9 hr for overnight and 1 or 2 day on the weekend, making sure to collect the boosted goods rewards. Also as I seem to have difficulty maintaining a decent supply of the relics needed to make goods spells, I try to use them sparingly.

Coins are collected on daily neighborly visits (127 cities) as well as from residences also I try to make sure to do all of the gold hands for coins and supplies.

At first I was trying to do workshops every 15 minutes which didn't always work out because I did not always have the chance to collect on time, so I switched to 1 hr. I did 9 hr on overnight and spelled 2 magic workshops before collection the next day. Once I discovered that I could recycle quests I was able to get the tool and supply reward for the hour and used spells on 2 magic workshops to catch the supplies quest., I then added a bunch of workshops and capitalized on the different rewards available for advanced scouts quests.

With the exception of adding all of the extra workshops, this is the way that I have been collecting for a while, but with the recent discovery of recycling quests, I have been able to keep my coins and supplies in better shape.

While I'd better strike while the iron is hot and get as much benefit from the recycling as I can, since I'm going to need all of these resources going forward I would like to know if this seems like a decent plan or if not is there a more efficient way to do things?

Thanks.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I would like to know if this seems like a decent plan or if not is there a more efficient way to do things?
What you are doing works just fine for now. Those declinable quests stop scaling in chapter 7 I think, so going forward they won't give as much compared to your needs.
You already have the ToS, which is great, but I also recommend the Endless Excavation and Prosperity Towers for everyone's city, since they make more supplies per day than a maxed out workshop (per square)

Deleted User - 841850

I also recommend the Endless Excavation and Prosperity Towers for everyone's city, since they make more supplies per day than a maxed out workshop (per square)

Thanks for your advice and thanks to your help redesigning my city, because while I still need 5 runes to build the Prosperity Towers at least I know that I'll be getting a shard a day thanks to my new set arrangement!
I've got Endless Excavation ready to go but I'm mulling over waiting until the Woodelvenstock quest is over to ensure that I'll have room to place extra workshops or manufactories. While I've got 2 land expansions available, 1 from tech tree and 1 from provinces, I'm leery of using them so quickly and also of placing them disadvantageously. Being land-locked was no fun and the deconstruct- reconstruct was no picnic either. I don't know if I'm being over-cautious, but I almost hopelessly painted myself into a corner and don't want to get to that point again.