• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spinning

jdcook101

Well i must say my fellowship is having a horrible time,an i myself find it very unfair ,,we are not winning any buildings ,,the speed ups you win during quest you use on the quest so you gain nothing ,,is this the best they are going to do ? is the game really coming to an end? , any advice would be awesome :)

DeletedUser

My advice is to buck up and play the game as the rest of us do. This event is no different from any other. It is fair, because everyone playing has the same chance of wining a building. You can not win a building every time, but you are winning something every time you spin. I make it through every event without using up the Instants I win. It's your choice to use them, so if you use them up, it's your decision, not the event forcing you to do it.

Where did you read that the game of Elvenar is coming to an end?

DeletedUser2768

The way *I* am playing this event: I don't give two hoots. I'm playing for the fun of it. If I win a building, GREAT. If I don't, oh well. This is the first event in a long time that I'm actually enjoying. Will I make it to the end? probably not. Do I care? Not in the slightest.

For this event I'm setting everything at 3 hours and trying to remember to come back and reset. It's been a LONG time since I've maintained 3 hour sets. The less I care about this game, the more fun I'm having.

Last edited:

jdcook101

yea for those of us that have been here for years yes we dont care ,for that very reason the game seems to be coming to a close ,,an heard it on Instagram,,,but its hard for the smaller players ,,an not all of us can spend endless hours ,

DeletedUser9601

You need to pick a few buildings, and aim to win those. If you take the approach "I'm going to spin 2 or 3 times a day and try to win each building," its going to feel like you never win buildings (it won't be true - its just confirmation bias). But if you save up tokens and only spin on a few days for when you actually want the building, it will at least seem like you're winning buildings.

DeletedUser3468

As Tedious says, pick a few buildings that you want and just go for them. I'm very much enjoying getting the instants (and loving that I have a few of the 40 hour ones for those long, long scoutings!!!) but have gotten a few of the buildings too... mainly the ones I wanted enough to hold on to tickets so I could try more than just two or three spins to get them. No, I didn't get all the ones I wanted in every city but enough that I'm happy with it.

DeletedUser12171

You need to pick a few buildings, and aim to win those. If you take the approach "I'm going to spin 2 or 3 times a day and try to win each building," its going to feel like you never win buildings (it won't be true - its just confirmation bias). But if you save up tokens and only spin on a few days for when you actually want the building, it will at least seem like you're winning buildings.

What Tedious says here is exactly as it is. It is true because of the fact that statistics work best with large numbers. The more you roll, the closer your overall results are going to be to the published rate.

I.e. A chest states 25% chance of getting the daily prize

Opening (rolling) 1,000 times will get you closer to 25% of the rolls giving the daily prize than opening 10 times will.

So basically, if you are serious about getting a certain prize, save your tickets and go for broke (or however many of it) you want on the day it's featured. If you want all the prizes - well then you're the target audience for Inno's diamond $ales. The sooner you can accept these things, the happier you'll be with your event performance

Last edited by a moderator:

The Unbeliever

The only 'horrible' part of this event is getting royally ganked on the 'randumb' chests that show up...
My elf city went after a couple of the 'Woodlvenstock' pop/culture building for example.
I got mostly the 20-30% chests to show up, so it was amazing! 5 spins and I got the 2 buildings I wanted for barely 400 or so tickets!

Yesterday my human city goes after just 1 of the Travelling Merchant II, and well, RNG screwage at it's finest...
Spent 700 tickets, and only kept getting the useless 10-12% chests, with a 20% & 30% eventually showing up after I'd wasted over 500 tickets on crap!:mad::mad::mad:

Inno needs to work on the chests big time to be more 'fair'...
Give at least 1 decent 15% or higher odds chest per shuffle, vs. the fiasco we currently have where it's possible to get nothing but 10% chests for 3-4+ shuffles in a row. :(