• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Adventure idea to make it more competitive

DeletedUser18964

Ive got an idea i always think of while im mid way through the adventure in game which is to have a recycle feature for badges you make extra of. the feature would allow you to use your extra badges towards creating a specific badge, i think to be fair it should be time based(how much each badge is worth towards creating a new badge). this way players are still encouraged to collect resources and place them on the paths to help your fellowship whilst not getting too stressed over making the right amount of each different kind of badge to the exact amount needed.
On a side note badges should be automatically collected with a list on the side of the screen that can be clicked to open and close to keep track. instead of having to shuffle through all the badges then getting to the right one and collecting for it.
the competitive factor would be the over all scoring change to each fellowships final adventure score by making it easier to transfer badges to certain badges that your fellowship needs to excel, my thinking involved is that higher level players have more room and more potential to do little for a large amount of badges compared to a lower leveled fellowship. the lower level fellowship has more issues keeping track of what everyone should create.

DeletedUser9601

I think this would make things less competitive, honestly. Everyone would just figure out what is the "best" badge to make for making other badges, and churn those badges out. As it stands, the ability to coordinate better is the one thing that levels the playing field between a mid-sized FS and a top 10 FS.

Absurd example, but it illustrates my point: you have room to build 50 level 1 workshops. That means you can make 1 brewery badge every 5 minutes. Let's assume someone spends 10 hours clicking (it definitely happens, even though it seems insane). They can make (5 X 12 X 10) 600 brewery badges in the time that those 50 workshops could make 10 blacksmith badges.
Unless you're converting brewery badges to blacksmith at worse than a 60:1 ratio (which is such an insane ratio to basically negate the reality of this suggestion), its now more efficient to just do breweries than it is to do any other badge type.

Now the winning FS becomes the one that has the most members willing to mindlessly click breweries for 6 days. Not the FS that plans the best, coordinates badges the best, and adjusts on the fly the best.

DeletedUser18964

I think this would make things less competitive, honestly. Everyone would just figure out what is the "best" badge to make for making other badges, and churn those badges out. As it stands, the ability to coordinate better is the one thing that levels the playing field between a mid-sized FS and a top 10 FS.

Absurd example, but it illustrates my point: you have room to build 50 level 1 workshops. That means you can make 1 brewery badge every 5 minutes. Let's assume someone spends 10 hours clicking (it definitely happens, even though it seems insane). They can make (5 X 12 X 10) 600 brewery badges in the time that those 50 workshops could make 10 blacksmith badges.
Unless you're converting brewery badges to blacksmith at worse than a 60:1 ratio (which is such an insane ratio to basically negate the reality of this suggestion), its now more efficient to just do breweries than it is to do any other badge type.

Now the winning FS becomes the one that has the most members willing to mindlessly click breweries for 6 days. Not the FS that plans the best, coordinates badges the best, and adjusts on the fly the best.
well when i said that you should convert badges it wouldn't obviously be as youre saying, u could sit there for 124 hours straight spamming 5 min production and still do the same as a fellowship who pumps out 1 day productions every day. now if u needed 50-5 min productions you could take it from that 1 day production you created and be left with a certain amount remaining, a fellowship that is active will get the most out of this strategy, change the number of badges needed for every path on average as it currently stands to balance it out. and if a player wants to make 100 workshops they're gonna do pretty well regardless of this hypothetical change were speaking of. this just means that you wouldnt have nearly as much left over badges, what about the cycling of badges before you collect dont you think thats quite time consuming and a little unnecessary and that could be a easy change for ease of access to playing ?

DeletedUser6892

I find these ideas interesting; I think some kind of combination of these & other ideas I've seen thru the forum may be helpful but it is as usual - a work in progress. The tediousness of the 50 - 5 minute Workshops, the time able to spend in game, the Fellowship level.. important points to look at when taking the ideas into consideration. I don't know right off which would be best - may be too many variations but some things do need some changes! Thanks for your thoughts! Got me thinkin (sortof -- too tired now -- lol) have a great day keep smilin! k4k :)