• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event Quest - New Building Type - Enchantment Merchant

Enchantment Merchant - Good Idea or Bad Idea?

• Good Idea!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Bad Idea!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser7736

Hi All,
Here's a thought: I know we have loads of extra space in our cities ;-) However, seeing as I'm struggling getting Enchantments created for the Fellowship Adventure, I thought this might be a desired building idea. Similar to the Traveling Merchant buildings, I'm envisioning an Enchantment Merchant building whereby Tier II goods can be converted to Enchantments (Crystal -> Magical Manufacturing, Scroll -> Ensorcelled Endowment, Silk -> Power of Provision)
Enchantment Merchant - Magical Manufactoring
Variable amount of Crystal : Time Ratios
12 Hour - XXXL amount of Crystal (better than magic academy by 1 hour)
24 Hour - XXL amount of Crystal
36 Hour - Extra Large amount of Crystal
48 Hour - Large amount of Crystal
(Same ratios for Power of Provision)​
Double duration for Ensorcelled Endowment
Variable amounts might (or might not) adjust based on Chapter - I'm thinking not, making the building easier to use as you increase your goods manufacturing.
I would be overjoyed if it was a 3x2 building, I would recommend it not be bigger than 4x3.
Thoughts?

DeletedUser19210

Hi All,
Here's a thought: I know we have loads of extra space in our cities ;-) However, seeing as I'm struggling getting Enchantments created for the Fellowship Adventure, I thought this might be a desired building idea. Similar to the Traveling Merchant buildings, I'm envisioning an Enchantment Merchant building whereby Tier II goods can be converted to Enchantments (Crystal -> Magical Manufacturing, Scroll -> Ensorcelled Endowment, Silk -> Power of Provision)
Enchantment Merchant - Magical Manufactoring
Variable amount of Crystal : Time Ratios
12 Hour - XXXL amount of Crystal (better than magic academy by 1 hour)
24 Hour - XXL amount of Crystal
36 Hour - Extra Large amount of Crystal
48 Hour - Large amount of Crystal
(Same ratios for Power of Provision)​
Double duration for Ensorcelled Endowment
Variable amounts might (or might not) adjust based on Chapter - I'm thinking not, making the building easier to use as you increase your goods manufacturing.
I would be overjoyed if it was a 3x2 building, I would recommend it not be bigger than 4x3.​
Thoughts?
I like the idea (especially for new players who have yet to acquire all of the basics for full production capability) - it wouldn't necessarily be a new building to acquire (in my opinion) - some of these types of things could be game features = take a trip to the game Wholesaler (who anyone can visit at any time) and see what you can purchase for basic goods that you have been able to stockpile. Cool?

DeletedUser

@shimmerfly yeah, one roommate started a new job, had a medical scare with my rat, some other stuff happened...it's good to be back. :p I hope I can make the next chapter before the next event starts. :D

HJK84

It's a cool idea :cool:

However, for such a great building, Imo. it would be much much bigger. Due to the value it gives, similar to the MA, 5x5, if not bigger... cause it's would be a Event Building and it would also give Culture.

I doubt, they'll add a new building into the game. Well, they might, similar to AW's coming in newer chapters, and culture, etc.
And I also doubt they'll add this, cause the MA, is somewhat considered a Premium building that can only be upgraded with Diamonds.

But, I'm all for such a building, lol :)

DeletedUser17667

@HJK84 it's a traveling merchant like the ones we already have, which are 3x2. It doesn't necessarily have to give culture...the traveling merchants we already have don't, and if you make it 5x5, there's no point in having it, really. Might as well have a second Magic Academy then. :p

HJK84

@HJK84 it's a traveling merchant like the ones we already have, which are 3x2. It doesn't necessarily have to give culture...the traveling merchants we already have don't, and if you make it 5x5, there's no point in having it, really. Might as well have a second Magic Academy then. :p

Well, I stand corrected.
I deleted all my Travelling Merchants months ago, cause to me the rewards compared to the size and what I could just make myself and purchase via Wholesaler was terrible.

Although, I stand by my 2nd opinion about diminishing the MA value, which is a Premium Building, and I doubt this will get added just because of that.
But I still want it, lol. Just like Wishing Wells and other ways to get the rarest things offered by the game ;)

DeletedUser17667

Well, I stand corrected.
I deleted all my Travelling Merchants months ago, cause to me the rewards compared to the size and what I could just make myself and purchase via Wholesaler was terrible.

LOL LOL I did the exact same thing with the two Traveling Merchant III that I had in my Beta city, thinking that I really didn't need them. Boy, was I wrong, and lesson learned. I'm much more careful now.

Although, I stand by my 2nd opinion about diminishing the MA value, which is a Premium Building, and I doubt this will get added just because of that. But I still want it, lol. Just like Wishing Wells and other ways to get the rarest things offered by the game ;)

Yes, I do agree with you on those points, and I don't expect it to be made, either. But I like tossing around ideas like this, because you never know what might turn out to be a diamond in the rough. :D

DeletedUser

Excellent Idea!!
I would also like to see (and for those who have maxed out their scouting/free (ish) expansions) a free expansion or a one time decrease to the original price added to the Prize pool. I realize it probably won't happen, but Christmas is coming ...it could be a gift

DeletedUser19210

Excellent Idea!!
I would also like to see (and for those who have maxed out their scouting/free (ish) expansions) a free expansion or a one time decrease to the original price added to the Prize pool. I realize it probably won't happen, but Christmas is coming ...it could be a gift
I don't know how anyone else feels about it - but - I think that as long as there are levels to gain - that - there should always be ways to increase your scouting (cost/fighter) prowess - even when one gets to the top level and continues play there should be ways to keep improving personal capabilities.

DeletedUser7736

thoughts on game balance:
I think the "four selections" of time versus cost (1/2,1,2,4 day for PoP and MM, double for EE) is still a good idea, but as for cost, I'm thinking all three tier types of goods sould be needed:
For PoP: Steel,Silk, Gems
For EE: Marble,Scrolls, Elixir
For MM: Planks,Crystal,Magic Dust
These combinations are in deference to the Fellowship Adventure items: Witch Hat,Potion,Wand respectively. I'd be interested to know your thoughts on amounts needed as this game mechanic would be analogous to a wholesaler type idea. (maybe the Blooming Trader could affect costs?) I'm also thinking "costs" should decrease with chapter level so getting the building in the first chapter would be very expensive to use, but getting the building in the WoodElves chapter would be significantly less burdensome.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm wondering how this would balance with the Dragon Abbey AW.
If it is a 3x2 building and can crank out a spell every 12h, then that is effectively a mana-producing building as well.

With a decent level in your DA this building would be the best mana per square building in the game... and you get the spell's effects too.

DeletedUser12171

You do realize that a solution already exists to your problem, that is to upgrade your MA.

From a dev viewpoint, your struggle with making enchantments is desirable because you have an incentive to upgrade your MA with diamonds. The biggest thing they are selling via diamonds is time, or the reduction of time needed in any aspect of the game. So they'd be throttling their own business if they gave players time for "free".

From a player viewpoint, I just don't see the need for another enchantment-producing building.

DeletedUser9601

Agreed with @RandomNo.
Right now, the FSA is balanced assuming the 3 sources of spells (tourneys, cooking, help chests). If spells are easier to produce on demand, presumably the FSA requirements would go up.

I am not in favor of this idea, because it doesn't really address the root problem. You claim that spells are too hard to come by during FSAs, but frankly they are not. Each member, if they plan ahead, can easily get 4-5 spells a day (10+ easily if they're further advanced) by fighting/catering tournament rounds.

I also don't like this idea because it further dilutes the prize pool of events (which is already pretty deep) with prizes that I don't think most people would want, or prizes that only have situational value.