• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unbeliever

2 questions:
1. assuming the odds are near 100%, that makes me think that for many, many people, its easy to get the full set AND a solid amount of "other" stuff. Is that the case?
Not exactly... The idea is that if you;
a) Finish the entire sequential *and* daily quest line
AND
b) Focus *only* on spending for those days when a set piece is the daily special
Then you'd be 99% 'assured' of getting the event's full set. (due to how RNG variance works in games, there's always a roughly 1% 'RNG-screwed' crowd.)

So basically, if you focus entirely on just acquiring the set pieces, you should be basically guaranteed of getting 1 copy of each building, providing you complete the entire line-up of event quests.

2. are set buildings so good that no serious player ignores them?
Yes and no...
In FoE there is no upper limit on how high you can level your Great Buildings. (aka: Ancient Wonders)
So taking the right gb's up to the insane plateaux of Lv80-100+ means the game is already so far beyond broken that it's an utter farce!

On the whole though, the initial 2 set buildings are slightly too powerful, while the Winter set is 'about right' balance wise, but suffered from being such a PITA to even obtain that many people just said 'feth this' and skipped it.
Overall, Set buildings in FoE tend to 'replace' the need for 1x boosted goods building of your current age, while also giving out some other goodies every 24hr collection.

An equivalent level of power in Elvenar would have a full set giving out roughly the equivalent of a boosted goods building w/200% bonus.
So not removing the need for a factory, but it would be a decent supplemental boost and allow for a player to perhaps be able to run 1 of each tier of their main boosted factories an upgrade or three Lv's below the max for their chapter. (thus saving pop + culture + workshop resources for other things)

I personally don't like the "set" mechanic. I don't like once-a-day collections, I don't like resetting collections just because I'm tweaking my city layout, and I don't like having "out of place" artwork, so I'm not personally worked up that the full sets aren't the bees' knees. And I would REALLY dislike them if they were basically mandatory (ie, if you ignore them, you're gimping your city). One thing I like about the current events if that you really can just pick the rewards that will benefit how you want to build your city.
In the Winter Event, I liked that I could load up on really strong mana buildings to push me through Woodelves and S&D.
In the Spring Event, it was nice to double down on mana buildings with the Phoenix Pools to make Halflings easier.
In the Summer Event, getting the Festival Merchants to give seeds meant I could always run "fast" (as opposed to "efficient") Elemental productions, and I didn't bog down on seed requirements for techs.
If in each of these cases I was stuck getting a strong, but differently focused, set building, I'm not sure I'd still be in the Amuni chapter now.
They should ever be mandatory, but they absolutely need to be viable, which currently, only the Phoenix set on the whole really is...
The winter set for example was skewed entirely towards being relevant only for the mana boosts, so anyone playing Orcs or below was basically flipped the bird.

The size issue also needs to be addressed IMHO.
In FoE, the sets are generally too efficient for their total space. (especially this year's 'upgraded' Lv2 Cherry Garden set!!)
But Sadly, Inno then swung the nerf hammer too hard at the Elvenar versions, making them far too big for their general overall output.

With the soon to be released Royal Restoration spells that will now allow us to upgrade our favourite event buildings in the same manner as Magical Res & Workshops, we need the balance issues & obtainability of sets to drastically improve...
The game is shifting from "use for 1-2 months then delete ALL your pretty event buildings - replace with new ones" to "you can now keep your favourites and upgrade them as you advance."

DeletedUser17667

^^this year's 'upgraded' Lv2 Cherry Garden set^^

which is lovely...the upgraded pieces in the set are animated. Blossoms falling from the Cherry trees, and the Koi actually swimming in the pond. :D OOooo and the upgraded Gong is now a Bell. :p

DeletedUser3507

My major beef is that Elvenar rebalances these sets without any warning to us and they are pigs for space and not worth the effort.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The new seasonal event just started in Beta!

Read more here: https://tinyurl.com/y94rp7zh
(Announcement, screenshots, quests etc)

42174090_10212498907208324_5879323097328254976_n.jpg

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
For those looking for something small with sets, this event might have it. Take the second grand prize and surround it with 16 shrines (10 divine seed, 6 mana) around the edges so that all buildings have 2 links. Now you have a 7x5 building (minus the four corners) that produces a large amount of divine seeds and mana.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
For those looking for something small with sets, this event might have it. Take the second grand prize and surround it with 16 shrines (10 divine seed, 6 mana) around the edges so that all buildings have 2 links. Now you have a 7x5 building (minus the four corners) that produces a large amount of divine seeds and mana.
It seems like they are being very generous with mana/seed buildings the last 2 events. Those Festival merchants from last event each give as many seeds as clearing 78 provinces. I grabbed 4 of them and now I get about 40% of my seeds just from those. Haven't dropped under 100K seeds at any point during chapter 13.
Mana huts at 2x2 that are better than a Library? A little overpowered when you can easily win ~8 of them in a single event.

Pheryll

Set Designer
@Pheryll
Could you please do your thing with these?:p

Small chest is best for both dailies and for grand prize progress. 16 shrines is roughly 5800 moon splinters. This means you would need to gather on average around 2000 moon splinters from your city in addition to the daily and sequential quests.

Let's say I didn't collect any from my city and just relied on the sequential and daily quests. I would have about a 6% chance of getting 16 shrines or better. Not great odds, but it can happen.

I'll have the chart ready tomorrow some time.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

It seems like they are being very generous with mana/seed buildings the last 2 events.
I feel like its going to be very challenging to do anything except jump all over the Portal Profit spells. Imagine kicking off a guest race with 50 of those spells in the bank?

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
This special offer appeared in Beta World on Day Two - a new building purchased for real-life Dollars that lasts for the entire Event, and gives one extra Moon Splinter every time you collect from the outskirts of the city.

42218110_10212505948104342_1450979036514746368_n.jpg

An interesting idea!
And if you can afford to waste five dollars, it is probably good value for money.

Read more about the event here: https://tinyurl.com/y94rp7zh

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Exactly the same as the last Phoenix cult event

Moon splinter calculationsSmallMediumLarge

[TR1][TD]Splinters per chest[/TD][TD]25.4[/TD][TD]57.7[/TD][TD]103[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Splinters per sun flare[/TD][TD]5.08[/TD][TD]5.77[/TD][TD]5.15[/TD][/TR2]
[TR2][TD]Splinters per 1% coin[/TD][TD]11.289[/TD][TD]7.693[/TD][TD]12.005[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Splinters per 1% supply[/TD][TD]11.289[/TD][TD]7.693[/TD][TD]12.005[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Splinters per 1 hour boost[/TD][TD]26.737[/TD][TD]37.961[/TD][TD]24.524[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Splinters per daily building[/TD][TD]362.857[/TD][TD]443.856[/TD][TD]412[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Splinters per knowledge point[/TD][TD]46.182[/TD][TD]52.455[/TD][TD]37.455[/TD][/TR2]

DeletedUser17667

This special offer appeared in Beta World on Day Two - a new building purchased for real-life Dollars that lasts for the entire Event, and doubles the number of Moon Splinters that you collect from the outskirts of the city.
An interesting idea!
And if you can afford to waste five dollars, it is probably good value for money.

I didn't get one. I guess you have to be special. :p:oops::p

edeba

False, it doesn't double the Moon Splinters that you collect from the outskirts, although that is the impression you get from the promotion from it. It does a +1 for each site, so if there are 2, you don't get double, you get 3 and if there are 3, you don't get double, you get 4. There are a lot more of these 2 and 3 spots than you'd think...

This special offer appeared in Beta World on Day Two - a new building purchased for real-life Dollars that lasts for the entire Event, and doubles the number of Moon Splinters that you collect from the outskirts of the city.

42218110_10212505948104342_1450979036514746368_n.jpg

An interesting idea!

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
False, it doesn't double the Moon Splinters that you collect from the outskirts, although that is the impression you get from the promotion from it. It does a +1 for each site, so if there are 2, you don't get double, you get 3 and if there are 3, you don't get double, you get 4. There are a lot more of these 2 and 3 spots than you'd think...

Thanks!
I corrected the wording on the EN Server, but forgot to do it here!!
Fixed now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.