• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Any tips for me on fighting or trading..

DeletedUser19178

I bought an Epic Package for warriors thinking it would give me an advantage. Daggum I won't do that again. There must be a secret to good fighting. I'm defeated more than I get victories. I managed to lose half of my troops already. All I managed to do is waste my money *sigh*
Any tips for me?
I so don't know what I'm doing and I should have kept the $20 cause I couldn't afford it in the first place. I need too get better at both fighting :elf: and trading :marble:!!

DeletedUser1016

There are tons of posts regarding this, as well as the game's Wiki. Type "Combat Guide" in the search and you'll be able to find what you need. Also, there is a website called Gems of Knowledge that provides another resource on this game, I would definitely check them out.

shimmerfly

Trading isn't too hard once you get the idea. There are 9 things you can trade for. They appear in groups of 3.
For ex: Planks Steel and marble etc... If you have a lot of marble trade for planks or steel. Whatever it is you need. (Staying within the 3 groups is best.). Click on what you have and what you demand and then the little + or - signs. The will go up in increments of 100. If you want to trade for less than 100 then you have to type it in. Hope this helps some.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I left some links for you in your thread about the unit package to learn more about combat. For goods, the single biggest help is to only build your boosted goods and trade those for the non-boosted ones. The resources required to build, upgrade, and produce non-boosted are the same as boosted, just with a pitiful production amount for the resources used. So, start with Tier 1 (marble, steel, planks), boost is Marble. So, I build all marble factories. When I go into Trader, I first sort for FS only trades and see if there are trades there I can take. When I place trades I put up marble for trades so that once they are taken I will end up with about the same amount of all 3 goods. As your FS grows, recruiting for new members to have certain boosts that you may be light on helps balance out your FS's ability to make trading easier on everyone. It can be hard at times; I remember when I first started and the world was new and the FS small, we all had non-boosted silk factories because we just didn't have enough and no way to get enough. Our welcome messages would toss flowers at the feet of anyone with a silk boost who joined, lol!

DeletedUser

Any tips for me?
When I fight, I hover over my troops to see which ones they can take on and choose that way, I also use auto fight (I suck otherwise) and I usually win the fights that way. Remember this: what military you choose in Barracks, the same placement in Breeding grounds (where orcs are made) and mercenary camp will also work on the same enemy. When it comes to the mercenary camp, I love the frog and lizard --Hope this helped....Purf

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Hi Eleezabella
What chapter are you currently in? This can have a big impact on advice regarding fighting. There are certain fights you just should never try to win, these are typically on the world map and vary in frequency based on how you scout and your chapter. Some things to learn to help you improve:
  • How world map difficulty works and how to scout optimally for least difficulty fight, the earlier your chapter the more important this is.
  • What a key unit is and which one is needed for which province type. This alone will get you winning fights in tournaments.
  • Combat pentagon - which unit types are better against each other. Once you know the key unit this will let you mix and match units to better suit the enemy fighters.
The tournaments fights have a fixed ratio of difficulty that increases each round. The first round you have the advantage and the second round is even, so use these as a good practice ground. The other benefit for using tournaments to practice is the fights use only a small fraction of your squad size so losses are a lot smaller and faster to replace.

When I fight, I hover over my troops to see which ones they can take on and choose that way
This in-game help is a great feature. Just be wary that it shows units with a neutral benefit as good so you still need to choose carefully to get the best units.

DeletedUser19178

Hi Eleezabella
What chapter are you currently in? This can have a big impact on advice regarding fighting. There are certain fights you just should never try to win, these are typically on the world map and vary in frequency based on how you scout and your chapter.

HI Mykan.
I think I just started chapter 2. Not positive how you know what chapter your on unless it's the research chapters that you are talking about. If I am right then yes I just started 2.

I appreciate the tips! I'm slowly learning lol

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The research chapters tell you, or your picture on the world map is chapter specific as well. The bad news is that you are in the hardest part of the game for world map fights, roughly chapters 2-5. The good news is that it only gets easier and easier each chapter. A ticket to support never hurts as Inno continues to ignore this problem.

You have 2 main options:
1. Ignore combat and just negotiate all provinces. Maybe look back at combat in the distant future.
2. Negotiate as needed until combat gets achievable then use combat and/or negotiating as you desire
Your choice will have a little impact on your town as your needs regarding goods will be higher for option 1. There are benefits to both.

The number of provinces you scout and the pattern is very critical to getting out of the pain sooner rather than later. Quick tips:
  • Scout in a "circular" pattern, keep to the cheapest provinces as price determines difficulty
  • Only scout the minimum provinces needed at a time. You want the advanced scout tech before scouting more provinces
  • Once combat becomes possible again and you will be able to scout further away from the minimum
You should find provinces start to become medium (yellow) in difficulty around chapter 5. This can vary a little depending on whether or not you researched the optional squad size techs. By doing those techs you will get past the world map issues sooner but you will make tournaments more expensive. If you can afford to negotiate the provinces and skip the optional techs it might take an extra chapter but you will still reach a point you can fight again on the world map. Common approaches to squad sizes are:
  • Skip all optional techs
  • Do all techs
  • Do all optional techs up to chapter 5 and then skip all option techs from dwarves onward

DeletedUser2959

I bought an Epic Package for warriors thinking it would give me an advantage. Daggum I won't do that again. There must be a secret to good fighting. I'm defeated more than I get victories. I managed to lose half of my troops already. All I managed to do is waste my money *sigh*
Any tips for me?
I so don't know what I'm doing and I should have kept the $20 cause I couldn't afford it in the first place. I need too get better at both fighting :elf: and trading :marble:!!

Your city is too young to benefit much from diamonds. Now is the time to learn about patience and the flow of the game. Any money you spend now will mean nothing in a few weeks. I do believe in supporting the game if you have the means to do so but please just take this time to settle in and figure things out. You can learn all the lessons with no $$$ spent.