• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

how to use bought packages

DeletedUser19178

I bought an Epic Package for $19.99. Can someone tell me how I can use those fighters? I can't see where they were added to any of my screens. I even logged in and out. This is the first time I ever bought anything like this where as I notice the diamonds I bought that one time was instantly applied.

DeletedUser19178

Daggum I won't do that again. There must be a secret to good fighting. I'm defeated more than I get victories. I managed to lose half of my troops already. All I managed to do is waste my money *sigh*
Any tips for me?(she says wondering if this should be a new thread)
I so don't know what I'm doing and I should have kept the $20 cause I couldn't afford it in the first place. I need too get better at both fighting and trading!!

Last edited by a moderator:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Here's where I started, very basic:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/combat-101.4968/
There's a wonderful detailed guide at:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-fighting-guide.4205/
that I refer to still.
There's also a Combat 201 thread for once you've gotten the basics down of the key units for each province. The larger guide details the battle pentagon and the way the unit types interact with each other. Wrapping my brain around all that took time and practice (in the tourneys, because it's cheaper) and patience. Being able to at least utilize military resources (cheaper to produce as they only cost supplies) to defray much of the cost of goods that would be used in catering (cost coin and supplies to produce) meant I had more options for how to play the game. After ignoring military for the first several chapters, I now use military to complete most tournament encounters and all map encounters, so for me it was worth the time spent learning.

DeletedUser19178

Here's where I started, very basic:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/combat-101.4968/
There's a wonderful detailed guide at:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-fighting-guide.4205/
that I refer to still.
There's also a Combat 201 thread for once you've gotten the basics down of the key units for each province. The larger guide details the battle pentagon and the way the unit types interact with each other. Wrapping my brain around all that took time and practice (in the tourneys, because it's cheaper) and patience. Being able to at least utilize military resources (cheaper to produce as they only cost supplies) to defray much of the cost of goods that would be used in catering (cost coin and supplies to produce) meant I had more options for how to play the game. After ignoring military for the first several chapters, I now use military to complete most tournament encounters and all map encounters, so for me it was worth the time spent learning.
I read over the Elvenar guide for battles but honestly I just got even more confused but I'll read it again. If I could just get the basics down I have a feeling I would be able to "take off" battle wise cause right now I am ashamed of my progress on the battlefield.:(

NightshadeCS

Don't worry, feeling overwhelmed by the fighting is a common occurrence. For myself, it just took a really long time of doing it. I still only auto fight, as I just don't have the time to slug it out on the virtual field. If you are in a fellowship, ask them what troops they use for a given province or combination of baddies.

One tip that I have found very useful is that you are better off 90% of the time using five of the same troop rather than mixing different ones in any given battle. It seems weird, when they have different strengths and weaknesses, but that is how it goes. So find one that is strong against at least half of the baddies and select that one for all five slots.

DeletedUser19178

Thanks @NightshadeCS !! I have definitely found myself overwhelmed in this game but the more I learn and the more I accomplish the more I love it. I've been asking around my friends for an old laptop that I could get from them just to play games on. I can do most stuff on my tablet but I need a laptop. Unfortunately due to my medical circumstances I can't even buy a used one unless it was insanely cheap. I also want to be able to play the computer version so bad!!! LOL Any idea where I could post something asking if someone would donate to a person in need?

DeletedUser12171

With a little patience, you will be able to do everything in this game, fighting and trading included, without spending any money.

I'm not advocating spending or not spending on the game. I myself do spend. But just want to assure you that you don't have to, especially since, as you say, you can ill afford to

Last edited by a moderator:

NightshadeCS

Any idea where I could post something asking if someone would donate to a person in need?

Try Craigslist, Freecycle, eBay Classifieds, Freenapkin, BarterQuest. You could put a message up in the "Lounge" area on this forum to see if anyone has a laptop they are trying to get rid of.

If your medical issues allow you to get out and about at all, the public library is a GREAT place to get access to a computer. I see people playing games on there all the time.

DeletedUser19178

Try Craigslist, Freecycle, eBay Classifieds, Freenapkin, BarterQuest. You could put a message up in the "Lounge" area on this forum to see if anyone has a laptop they are trying to get rid of.

If your medical issues allow you to get out and about at all, the public library is a GREAT place to get access to a computer. I see people playing games on there all the time.

Thank you! I'm not used to asking for things, I try to make it on my own but the older I get the more my health issues makes it harder for me to do that. Unfortunately I am not able to get out and about much. Only to go to the doctor or very rarely somewhere for special occasions like to out to eat for example. Majority of my time is spent bound to me bed or wheelchair...one of the reasons I like to play games. I'm actually only 40 but my physical condition is that of a much older lady. Playing games like Elvenar helps keep my mind busy, but unlike when I was 10 years younger I'm slow at picking up on things. Some days I get so frustrated because now I have to have things explained to me more than once and usually more involved than most would. Everyone on here has been so great at helping me and answering my questions. I really appreciate it and would love it if I could return their help in someway. Personally, I think for a free game Elvenar is definitely a favorite, one of the best in my opinion. That is a big motivator for me to try and be able to get a laptop if possible so I can play more in depth than the mobile version.
Ok, I didn't mean to ramble on and on. Sorry bout that! You didn't care about knowing all that I'm sure. Again though Thanks for the info!

NightshadeCS

Ok, I didn't mean to ramble on and on. Sorry bout that! You didn't care about knowing all that I'm sure. Again though Thanks for the info!

On the contrary, I am glad you feel a sense of community here and can share your personal struggles and pleasure with the game with us! Most of us here are glad to help, and listen.

DeletedUser7527

Thank you! I'm not used to asking for things, I try to make it on my own but the older I get the more my health issues makes it harder for me to do that. Unfortunately I am not able to get out and about much. Only to go to the doctor or very rarely somewhere for special occasions like to out to eat for example. Majority of my time is spent bound to me bed or wheelchair...one of the reasons I like to play games. I'm actually only 40 but my physical condition is that of a much older lady. Playing games like Elvenar helps keep my mind busy, but unlike when I was 10 years younger I'm slow at picking up on things. Some days I get so frustrated because now I have to have things explained to me more than once and usually more involved than most would. Everyone on here has been so great at helping me and answering my questions. I really appreciate it and would love it if I could return their help in someway. Personally, I think for a free game Elvenar is definitely a favorite, one of the best in my opinion. That is a big motivator for me to try and be able to get a laptop if possible so I can play more in depth than the mobile version.
here is a website @Eleezabella that might help you out so that you could maybe get a laptop for free
AmericanHopeResources.com‎

DeletedUser19178

On the contrary, I am glad you feel a sense of community here and can share your personal struggles and pleasure with the game with us! Most of us here are glad to help, and listen.

Oh thank you! I get lonely and really don't have anyone around to talk to except my dog lol:p
It's been nice having somewhere that I can talk to people and they actually respond to me. I lost all my friends when my illnesses became too much for me to get out and just hang with them. Nobody ever comes to see me much so it's just me and Bo mostly. :)