• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Builder's Hut Upgrade Question

DeletedUser20463

Hello,

My Builder's Hut is level 3 and I see an option to add an additional builder for 1000 diamonds which gives a 4th builder.

However, the option to upgrade the Builder's Hut to level 4 says 3->4 builders. Is that just an upgraded capacity or do I actually get the 4th builder from the upgrade for immediate use?

Vergazi

Hello,

My Builder's Hut is level 3 and I see an option to add an additional builder for 1000 diamonds which gives a 4th builder.

However, the option to upgrade the Builder's Hut to level 4 says 3->4 builders. Is that just an upgraded capacity or do I actually get the 4th builder from the upgrade for immediate use?
Yes, you get the builder right away. The upgrade only takes a few seconds.

kctanzen

3 builders works plenty good for me -- but I like to move slowly, so that may weigh in my decision.
More builders has another, often overlooked issue -- when you go on an upgrade blitz, it is quite easy to run short of goods / supplies / other materials.
And far more of the time, those extra builders are simply sitting around the pub having a pint or three and eating pizza anyway.

Socrates28

3 builders works plenty good for me -- but I like to move slowly, so that may weigh in my decision.
More builders has another, often overlooked issue -- when you go on an upgrade blitz, it is quite easy to run short of goods / supplies / other materials.
And far more of the time, those extra builders are simply sitting around the pub having a pint or three and eating pizza anyway.
However the biggest advantage to upgrading the MA is the reduction in the amoutn of time it takes to craft spells and such. A l1 MA craftes an MM spell in 24 hrs while a L5 MA does it in 8 hrs. You may indeed not need 5 builders all the time but the time reductions are always useful.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
You also get more spell fragments when disenchanting items in inventory the higher your MA level. From the Wiki:
"Each level upgrade of your Magic Academy will increase the Spell Fragments given for every Disenchantment."
They call it a 'spell fragment bonus' that goes up to 100% at level 5. Here is the link to the Wiki page for that:
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Crafting#Spell_Fragment_Bonus

Edit: So I went back and read the original post and I'm in the thread about the builder's hut upgrades. Please ignore me...

Last edited:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Looks like Socrates misread the post he quoted good info none the less. I only have 3 builders as well and although I have been tempted to get another, I agree with kctanzen they sit around doing not much most of the time. Only at the beginning of chapter I find they are all busy and that is when I think about getting another, but having enough supplies to keep 4 going would be tough I think.

Last edited:

kctanzen

However the biggest advantage to upgrading the MA is the reduction in the amoutn of time it takes to craft spells and such. A l1 MA craftes an MM spell in 24 hrs while a L5 MA does it in 8 hrs. You may indeed not need 5 builders all the time but the time reductions are always useful.

The "builder's hut" has nothing to do with spell writing time or spell fragments created in the "magic academy".
I have misread many things myself before!