• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'New Fellowship Adventures feedback

DeletedUser3116

Whenever you collect something, it automatically goes into to the correct quest box. When you have everything you need for one Item, the Quest Icon lights up to notify you; then you quickly claim that Item, and continue. If you have got everything that you need for an Adventure Item, and do not claim it but continue to harvest the components, they will be lost.
so, if I'm understanding this correctly, you can run around your kingdom collecting components for multiple badges (i.e. carpenters, bakers, brew, etc) and all the components will automatically go into their respective spots in the box. I also understand that you need to claim the badge(s) highlighted before collecting anymore of the components (i.e. don't collect 10 toolboxes before claiming the one badge which was required by the 5). You must claim with each collection of the appropriate number of components (claim the one carpenter's badge before go back out in your kingdom to collect more of the advanced tools to get another). ?: will the box hold onto the components for the different badges and allow you to claim them all on one claim (i.e. bakers, flacons, necklaces, brews, etc). It stills stores the ones you have collected/claimed right, so you can gain multiple of the same thing for future use on the map?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Oh fine, so I'm lazy :rolleyes: but we've had drama during FAs. So not a good thing!

Drama is definitely the worst thing about the FA! I completely agree with you on that. Sadly there is nothing Elvenar can do about that. I do my calculated share first regardless but I also put in as much extra effort as possible and usually buy badge bundles. I've had where the agreed upon plan was changed midstream by a few who happened to be in chat at a particular time and caused me to have wasted a bunch because of path that was being worked on not getting finished. If & when that happens I am done. I'll add whatever I have in inventory and sell off the shanty buildings. End of drama for me :p

DeletedUser1390

Yes this looks like a huge improvement. I love the euphemism 'thank you for all your feedback about the FAs!' - which could more frankly have read 'thank you for all your incessant, relentless, merciless (and justifiable) howling about how awful the quest cycling has been for the past year!!' :D

DeletedUser20951

which could more frankly have read 'thank you for all your incessant, relentless, merciless (and justifiable) howling about how awful the quest cycling has been for the past year!!'
It's awesome to see the power of protest actually come to fruition, isn't it? Doesn't always happen, but, "For a thing to remain undone, nothing more is needed than to think of it done", is verily apt in every situation.

@Sheianna, I love your signature quote! Words to live by, they are.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
so, if I'm understanding this correctly, you can run around your kingdom collecting components for multiple badges (i.e. carpenters, bakers, brew, etc) and all the components will automatically go into their respective spots in the box. I also understand that you need to claim the badge(s) highlighted before collecting anymore of the components (i.e. don't collect 10 toolboxes before claiming the one badge which was required by the 5). You must claim with each collection of the appropriate number of components (claim the one carpenter's badge before go back out in your kingdom to collect more of the advanced tools to get another). ?: will the box hold onto the components for the different badges and allow you to claim them all on one claim (i.e. bakers, flacons, necklaces, brews, etc). It stills stores the ones you have collected/claimed right, so you can gain multiple of the same thing for future use on the map?

Yes what you have is essentially true. The collecting all at once is the only minor adjustment, you need to press accept for each badge and not a one press and collect all. The good news is the screen automatically goes to a completed badge for accepting and auto cycles to the next completed one. So if you have completed 5 badges then you press accept 5 times. All of the information for the other partially completed badges remains in tact.

Been able to collect for all badges at once is a great boost for certain badges, particularly collecting coins and troops, which are part of a natural (for most) game play for most players

@Deborah M I haven't seen any player ask the devs to make the game do everything for them. The complaints about the system are because it is only partially what was asked for, while it solves a whole lot of the issues it also leave some issues outstanding. Factor in how long players have waited for the update and the expectation that a fully complete solution would be available increases.

The communication from inno was also misleading (or miss interpreted). I believe the words quest overhaul were used and part of the reason for the delay was in relation to the overall quest system and its integration to the game. For me that sounded like a complete overview of quests, not just a fixing of the FA quests. Quests cycling in the chapter specific quests has long been a problem, one they tried to address years ago, and one might also have expected those quests to be reviewed in some fashion.

It is also a slap in the face of players (for inno) to tell them they are lazy or lack planning because they would like a more comprehensive solution. I have seen countless spreadsheets and methods of planning that players do when it comes to an FA, much of it prior to the FA even starting. To then be told the strategy is all when they collect a badge and not all the other work that goes into it really doesn't seem right/fair. I would be surprised if any person who has had the job of coordinating their fellowships FA would state their strategy hinges on the collection of the badges, more likely they would say the strategy and coordination relies on:
  • the approach to paths - which path, all paths, combination of paths (half green and half blue), etc.
  • badges - can your fellowship handle 2 day badges or avoid them, are paths that require relics better or worse, etc, etc
  • who does what - how do you handle the production of badges and ensure everyone participating gets to place a badge to get a prize
  • timing of available badges - making sure the right player with the right badge is on when its needed. Especially true in the pit, no point having a person with 100 blacksmith badges if they play at opposite times to everyone else.
When the miss clicks, game/internet lag, random glitching occurs it can cause you to lose a badge (or more). This is highly frustrating and can undo hours or days of planning, understandably it is highly frustrating. People asking for a more comprehensive solution are wanting to minimise the trivial parts of the FA and focus on the really key areas of strategy, cooperation and teamwork.

Risen Malchiah

Am I understanding correctly? Are there really complaints about having to collect a badge before collecting more of the same? .... I think this is totally AWESOME by comparison. I'm really looking forward to this FA when I am one who hated it before. I don't expect the game to do everything for me or it wouldn't be worth doing at all IMO.
By comparison, I agree, it is *much* better, but still could be improved. @Mykan said it best. After almost 2 years, this just feels like going only half way toward fixing it. (And I'm still waiting for the "combat path" that was mentioned in the first announcement.)

I just don't like extra clicks for the sake of extra clicks. How would you feel if we had to open each factory, select the goods to harvest, then close the factory before opening the next one? I don't feel the game is cheating us of the experience of those unnecessary extra clicks. Lol.

If anything, the trend lately has been to remove extra clicks (like the new factory & workshop options for mobile). And more could be done with that, such as removing the superfluous "Awesome!" boxes after every single autofight encounter. (That's A LOT of extra clicks when doing 30-40 provinces x 5-6 rounds!)

So, I still think this IS much better than the cycling. It just goes partway.

Pheryll

Set Designer
III : I'm sorry Soggy didn't stick around a couple more weeks. Quest cycling was one of his peeves

Soggy did reply on the Beta and did not think that this implementation went far enough. He is looking for an implementation that trivializes badges and might be better gauged by the number of beverages, rather than the number of brewery badges. (When you can collect several of the same type of badge all at once, there does not seem to be a need for the badge system in the first place).

DeletedUser3116

Soggy did reply on the Beta and did not think that this implementation went far enough. He is looking for an implementation that trivializes badges and might be better gauged by the number of beverages, rather than the number of brewery badges. (When you can collect several of the same type of badge all at once, there does not seem to be a need for the badge system in the first place).
wait, did I misunderstand something. I didn't think you could collect the same ones all at once (i.e. if you have four each of the tier ones producing 2 day, I didn't think you could collect all four at once). I thought you would lose the goods for the other badges. I thought you had to collect enough for one badge; then collect; then go back to collect again. I thought you could collect multiples like treants along with carpenters along with bracelets along with necklaces, etc. would someone clarify for me please. thanks

Pheryll

Set Designer
wait, did I misunderstand something. I didn't think you could collect the same ones all at once (i.e. if you have four each of the tier ones producing 2 day, I didn't think you could collect all four at once). I thought you would lose the goods for the other badges. I thought you had to collect enough for one badge; then collect; then go back to collect again. I thought you could collect multiples like treants along with carpenters along with bracelets along with necklaces, etc. would someone clarify for me please. thanks

Your understanding is correct. The user @SoggyShorts has been for a while pushing the idea of collecting multiple badges at once. Once this new implementation came out, he gave the following response:

I got an email today from a player letting me know that they changed the FA interface.
Well if I hadn't quit the game weeks ago this would have done it.

How can you think that making players collect 3 workshops at a time for 1 badge instead of letting them collect 6 at once for 2 badges adds anything to the game? Between fairly small phones and crowded cities making a slight misclick could undo hours of effort, and for what? So that "choices are conscious"? Absolute rubbish.
It's the deliberate setting of productions and the coordinating with FS members that matter in the FA. Allowing players to collect without tiptoeing around their cities does not in any way diminish the challenge or point of the fellowship adventures.

Edit: I must say it is good that you did finally change that diaper, but it could still use a little wipe.

Deleted User - 3932582

When the miss clicks, game/internet lag, random glitching occurs it can cause you to lose a badge (or more). This is highly frustrating and can undo hours or days of planning, understandably it is highly frustrating. People asking for a more comprehensive solution are wanting to minimise the trivial parts of the FA and focus on the really key areas of strategy, cooperation and teamwork.
I think that a lot of people are missing that Inno is a business. Lost badges for whatever reason do happen, and I have seen more than once people just correct them with diamonds. I doubt Inno is particularly averse to that ;)

Minimizing trivial parts are quite often what diamonds are for, so there might not be a solid business reason to eliminate that part.

Risen Malchiah

Thank you for posting Soggy's response.

To give another analogy, most games these days have achievements which track progress in the background and are automatically unlocked along the way. Say a game awards an achievement for 1000 kills, 5000 kills, etc. But then imagine if after 1000 kills, it just stops recording your progress until you manually go collect the achievement. You may think you have thousands of kills, but no, all the progress beyond that first achievement would be lost.

My dilemma now will be whether or not to use the mobile app for FA. Setting productions is now super easy on mobile, but I sure wouldn't want to collect on mobile. Every time I try to do it, I end up collecting multiple rows of workshops at once. For short badges, that's not so bad, but for 1-2 day badges, that is a killer.

@MinMax Gamer I understand the need to "motivate" players to spend diamonds. But having the maximum number of people interested in participating seems like it would provide more revenue. The new badge tracker is bound to increase competition for ranking position.

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
SMH at this point. I guarantee that I can find and post endless improvements that could be done. No matter what game there is always a wish list. I can honestly easily pump out as much analysis as Soggy or anybody else "prove" what is wrong with just about anything. The thing is that I retired and really don't see the need to diminish my game with all of that. I enjoy this game and have enjoyed it at most times for years now. I can't think of anything anywhere that is perfect so perfection is not my expectation. That being said, I am very much looking forward to using the HUGE improvement in the FA no longer having to cycle through quests a zillion times. They may not have reached perfection but nobody ever does. Therefore, I CHOOSE to be grateful and happy with the work and effort that was put into the long awaited new quest system for the FA :D I even have my shanty town built and 1 & 2 day productions started :cool: