• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trade relics

• Thread starter DeletedUser23631
  • Start date

DeletedUser20886

Have the ability to trade relics with other players.

Our Fellowship has talked about this one several times. Yeah it would be great to be able to Trade Relics, even if it has to be in the Trader. Just being able to even give or receive Relics would be a great asset I think. As do several Fellows in The Shadows of Nyx!

DeletedUser18011

I agree. Relics should be something that could be traded and I don't think it would take too much to bend the existing UI to do that - they could be looked at as just another commodity.

Vergazi

While as a player I like the idea of being able to trade relics, I can't help thinking that it doesn't add much to the game except for making it easier. Also, being low on certain relics is one of the main motivators for people to do the tourneys every week to get more relics. When all is said and done I'd have to say I'd be against this idea. The lazy side of me loves it a bunch.

DeletedUser20951

Aye, and I think it might possibly create a similar issue as to what's going on with cross-tier trading, where relics from the easier tournaments are offered en masse for those from the harder ones, and then numerous players sitting 'em out to save on troops/resources, not to mention all of the pushing potential for cheaters to exploit.

NightshadeCS

I agree with @Vergazi and @Nonchalant Antipathy . With the addition of pet food, we are able to use up some of those, and there may be more such things coming down the pipe. There could also be another set of boosted goods as they add chapters.

If you could trade relics to small players, they could get their full boost incredibly fast. I have enough excess relics in my boosted goods to bring another city all the way up to 700% right away.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
For me the only use of such a feature is to off load boosted relics, which are near useless when you have max boost. The potential abuse of trading is significant and would far outweigh any potential benefit. Just giving us something decent to use our boosted relics would be enough. Its almost a shame the pet food didn't only use boosted goods and come in 3 different size recipe quantities like 1, 5 and 10, rather then 9 different relics of a quantity of 1.

DeletedUser20886

Love the input on this issue.
Makes me think of something I see that I don't like, and we have no way to prevent.

Predatory Trading.

Where UNdiscovered people that have no "need" for whats being traded, TAKE the trades to wreak havoc on much lower leveled players. I mean someone who normally trades in 5 digits sucks up little 2 digit trades is definitely jacking the junior user around.

We currently have no protection whatsoever from this, and I see individuals who seem to enjoy the havoc they create.

A simple enough solution could be when the trader initiating a trade and selects FILTER (box) then only discovered and Fellow players can even see that trade. I can tell you for sure many of us simply STOP trading for some time period because of how our resources get sucked down to zero across the board. Its happened to me, and INNO says they see nothing wrong. Nothing wrong with some 400% of ALL the traded items in "FEES" ? OK. FINE. NO trades. easy.
Trader takes whatever it sees available as its fees. This includes SUPPLIES and probably COINS, which we see no way to translate value to trades. IF all GOODS are emptied to zero in (predatory) trade(s), and FEES have not been satisfied, THEN trader takes "other". These things aren't mentioned in the rules that I can find. Predatory Trades are preventable. INNO should do this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Where UNdiscovered people that have no "need" for whats being traded, TAKE the trades to wreak havoc on much lower leveled players. I mean someone who normally trades in 5 digits sucks up little 2 digit trades is definitely jacking the junior user around.

We currently have no protection whatsoever from this, and I see individuals who seem to enjoy the havoc they create.

While there might be some people who do this I suspect you are more than likely misinterpreting the intentions. Lots of players like to clear trades from the trader and see this as a good and supportive way to play. Large traders will often take small trades to help out the smaller trader, no evil intentions at all. The control (protection) players have here is to post trades, not expect a trade they need to be available when they need it. With decent production and always posting trades a person really never should have trouble with goods (barring some very rare exceptions of solo play in a bad neighbourhood)

relic trading opens more issues than other trading due to pushing and the value that could be placed on certain relics over others.Depending on where a players is at and their boosted goods they could be sitting on a gold mine at the detriment of someone not so fortunately placed.

DeletedUser5521

Aye, and I think it might possibly create a similar issue as to what's going on with cross-tier trading, where relics from the easier tournaments are offered en masse for those from the harder ones, and then numerous players sitting 'em out to save on troops/resources, not to mention all of the pushing potential for cheaters to exploit.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Predatory Trading.

Wow. Just...WOW. Some of us take those trades because they are posted by a newbie and we think we're helping them, and you're calling it...preditory??? And we're jacking the junior user around??? I....have no words for that....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
and I see individuals who seem to enjoy the havoc they create.
...and you see this how? Or are you just assuming--wrongly--that individuals taking trades to help someone out are enjoying "creating havoc". I personally never even considered there was havoc being created by taking any posted trade. And I personally am quite literally flabbergasted by your way of thinking :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

DeletedUser20886

While there might be some people who do this I suspect you are more than likely misinterpreting the intentions. Lots of players like to clear trades from the trader and see this as a good and supportive way to play. Large traders will often take small trades to help out the smaller trader, no evil intentions at all. The control (protection) players have here is to post trades, not expect a trade they need to be available when they need it. With decent production and always posting trades a person really never should have trouble with goods (barring some very rare exceptions of solo play in a bad neighbourhood)

relic trading opens more issues than other trading due to pushing and the value that could be placed on certain relics over others.Depending on where a players is at and their boosted goods they could be sitting on a gold mine at the detriment of someone not so fortunately placed.

Misinterpreting eh? Sure that's likely, even. For some players. Like any who are very close to me but still undiscovered.
Your suggestion for "CONTROL" is to NOT use Trader for any seriously important stuff at all. OK, if I have to establish more (manu)Factories, and produce my own goods, then what is the use of even having the Trader? Just a garbage dump for excess Goods? Thats what this sounds like to me. A way to vent excess production.
Yeah OK sure man I will do exactly THAT.
Meantime I won't be posting in the forums anymore, and people will enjoy them more without me around to bother you. If you want me you can PM me. Not like I think you will.

DeletedUser20886

Aramina, I made that just too easy to make an assumption on. My Bad.

So, nope, not gonna quote anyone in this. Working things out on paper a bit right now is all.

ONE: ANY time a player who is UN-discovered by the player posting a trade, ACCEPTS that trade, the "FEE" is invoked *AGAINST* that POSTING players trade. That is the stated RULE, yeah?

TWO: WHEN a player who does NOT post trades comes in from say 50 'named' (cities or sites) distant on the MAP, and takes the trades...there is no possibility of ever being 'discovered'. Has no 'relationship' to the posting trader. Hmm. So how did they even get to take my trades if they can't see me in the first place? CAN a player somehow make a trade on a player whose city they VISIT? Say from 100 named cities away?

Here is a good question. HOW many player-cities are there in Winyandor? And how many of those thousands, TENS of thousands, of players will be shown in any given players Trader? Pretty sure the answer ain't ALL of them, right? So it occurs to me INNO have created 'neighborhoods' of players under the table, or NOT openly spoken to US. So only those few show in a Players Trader. Although you CAN search the Map for specific player names and go to their city to VISIT. But they remain undiscovered to each other? So, HOW DOES someone 100 or 2000 cities away "trade" with a distant player?

OK, someone besides ME is getting steamed up. As I posted above to Mykan, I won't be posting in the forums any more. I have yet to see any good thing come of either posting to the Forums OR going to Support.

DONE.

DeletedUser5676

ONE: ANY time a player who is UN-discovered by the player posting a trade, ACCEPTS that trade, the "FEE" is invoked *AGAINST* that POSTING players trade. That is the stated RULE, yeah?
No. The fee is if the person TAKING the trade hasn't discovered the person posting it. The person POSTING a trade always gets what they asked for.
TWO: WHEN a player who does NOT post trades comes in from say 50 'named' (cities or sites) distant on the MAP, and takes the trades...there is no possibility of ever being 'discovered'. Has no 'relationship' to the posting trader. Hmm. So how did they even get to take my trades if they can't see me in the first place? CAN a player somehow make a trade on a player whose city they VISIT? Say from 100 named cities away?
This is confusing. I can find anyone if I scout enough, and I can visit anyone without scouting so why can't I trade with them. If I want to trade with someone I haven't scouted I have to pay an extra 50% in bribes and losses for trading across unknown territory.
Here is a good question. HOW many player-cities are there in Winyandor? And how many of those thousands, TENS of thousands, of players will be shown in any given players Trader? Pretty sure the answer ain't ALL of them, right? So it occurs to me INNO have created 'neighborhoods' of players under the table, or NOT openly spoken to US. So only those few show in a Players Trader. Although you CAN search the Map for specific player names and go to their city to VISIT. But they remain undiscovered to each other? So, HOW DOES someone 100 or 2000 cities away "trade" with a distant player?
The neighbor hoods aren't under the table. The game starts beside your city and goes in a spiral until it finds the set numnber of active traders. And then the trades are handled by intermediaries, who each take a cut of the trades. Someone you can see who also sees them agrees to handle the trade and charges you a 50% fee for delivering the stuff both ways.

Or all of the above by magic. Living mountains producing marble and coins out of their own bodies is fine, but trading with someone you havent found is too much to be believed?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@Rigonar I suggest you read of the official wiki about trading. The wiki is produced by inno, so it is facts straight from the game designers.
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Trader#Trader

There are some other great pages of information that can be found there as well. If you have any questions or would like some clarification about what you read the people on this forum are willing to help. All the best in whatever you decide.

DeletedUser2870

The trading of relics can have several drawbacks.
Which is why I suggested introducing a runesmith to give individual players a way of using, discarding or changing their runes. Such a building can create extra revenue for Inno as it can be like the MA, after lvl 2 only upgradable by using diamonds, can have special offers for diamonds, but even for the play for free players create a way to do more with the relics.

neeronie

This is for Fellowship Adventures.
I would like to see a switch or toggle that can be used to manage the paths and way stations in the Fellowship Adventures, with an on and off position. This way the manager (mage or Arch) of the FA map can better direct where the donations should be put at the same time keeping donations from being put in the wrong path. We have all done that and cringed.