• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fun Elvenar User Names and What They Might Mean

NightshadeCS

@Fairy Dust or @Xelenia , is it against forum rules to post a user name if it is merely to enjoy the creativity of said name and speculate on its origin? I hope not!!! :eek::oops::oops:

I recently came across Grima Deathbringer, which I greatly admired and assumed was from LoTR. Being quite a fantasy nerd, this makes me happy. :cool::cool:

A neighbor of mine is named CricketCommander, which you must admit, brings an image immediately to mind. What I cannot determine is if he is also a cricket, leading a cricket army, or if he is more like Ant Man and is a human who can control crickets. I must ponder....:D:p:D

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I saw someone named " Bob "
What the heck is that?
Does he like floating in a lake
Does she have an odd hairdo?
Is it in reference to bobbing for apples.
Do they like apples that much?
Are they big fans of Good Will Hunting?
Is it just regular apples or do they crave candy apples also?
Caramel apples?
Apple pie?
The actual pie or the moonshine?
What were we talking about again?

DeletedUser20396

What the heck is that?
Caramel apples?
Apple pie?

Bill Murray. "What about Bob?" Movie was great

DeletedUser20951

I once had an inactive neighbor for well over a year before their city was deleted, simply named, "sliverstar". Took several weeks before I realized that my brain was misinterpreting it, and even after I noticed, I continued to have a brief moment of rejection of the actual word. That delighted me and I've never forgotten in the four years since. Have another inactive nearby now (why do all the best names not stick around? WHY?!), "cannedmushroom" and I would really like to know the story behind that one.

SimplyNoble

I have an inactive neighbor by the name of MeanOld4untie that I quite enjoyed and an active neighbor named imprezaWRX that I hail as a fellow Subaru lover.

My favorite though is nijugo who used to be the AM of my first fellowship. He was a wonderful leader. We lost him to cancer last year. I visit this city regularly in his memory and hope to never see his city disappear.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
What the heck is that?
Caramel apples?
Apple pie?

Alas, the true reason for "Bob" is that the real life person can't spell and had to use the simplest name he could imagine. It took several tries to get it memorized, but he did it and now clings to his name tenaciously. But don't tell him I told you the true story.

AJ (Hmm..... even simpler than "BOB?" What does that say about me?)

DeletedUser

Oh, bad bad bad. When I hear "Bob", I think of Twin Peaks. Also bad, I giggle like an idiot when someone says, "and Bob's yer uncle", because of that reason. What also makes me laugh is that Leland Palmer, who was a vessel for Bob, was played by Ray Wise, whom I adore. Ray Wise played The Devil in the unfortunately short-lived series Reaper.

In a couple of different MMOs I've had a character named Owl Stretching Time. It's one of my favorite episodes of Monty Python.

I've always wanted to have a character named "FTWIHAIHTTS" just to see if any fellow hard-core Original Series Star Trek fans figure it out.

I recently came across Grima Deathbringer, which I greatly admired and assumed was from LoTR.
I'd love to see that. I've always thought that if I were going to do a Grima, it would be Grima Wormtail, which is a play on both Grima Wormtongue and Wormtail (Peter Pettigrew). :p But I loathe them both, so...I suppose not.

laughtingoutloud-icon.png

Thank you for this thread. :D

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lolol on EN server I have a neighbor named Bumfungus. My FS and I got a lot of mileage out of him
- watch out, it may be catching
- don't take his trades, who knows where they've been

A couple of weeks later his city banner said "City of Odours" and that was it, I HAD to write; said I was afraid to breathe while there.

He was a move in and placed next to NellySmellyBelly

NightshadeCS

Lolol on EN server I have a neighbor named Bumfungus. My FS and I got a lot of mileage out of him
- watch out, it may be catching
- don't take his trades, who knows where they've been

A couple of weeks later his city banner said "City of Odours" and that was it, I HAD to write; said I was afraid to breathe while there.

He was a move in and placed next to NellySmellyBelly
That is EPIC! :eek::D:eek::D

DeletedUser

I'm rather fond...alright, very fond...of

Biggus Dikkus (and his wife, Incontinentia Buttuks), from The Life Of Brian

There's actually an FOE player with that name. :p

NightshadeCS

when I hear Bob I think Bob.......please help me........BUT ANYWAY I have a neighbor named Wump and I think there is a funny story behind that. Or he was lazy and just thought up Wump on the spot.
Maybe it has to do with the old computer game "Hunt the Wumpus." If none of you played that old text-based game from the dark ages of computing, you should look it up! :D:cool::D:cool: